eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: no email

Forum Lurker
    View cockneyone's Feedback (+330)
    All-About cockneyone
    View cockneyone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default no email

1. I won an item earlier today but never received an email confirmation, even though the ASL states that email confirmation had been sent...

2. I was also bidding on another of the seller's items and I cannot see the listing anymore, was I successful/unsuccessful? I have no idea... so how do I see listings that I have bid on if I have been unsuccessful?

Default Re: no email

You should be getting emails to tell you. Have you checked your spam folder ? Make sure your email settings allow emails from donotreply@ebid.net

Also go to your 'My eBid' page and check the right email boxes are ticked in 'My Notifications' in the left hand column then press update at the bottom.

You can also go to Browse Categories and by the search box there you will see 'Advanced search'. Using the advanced search you can tick the box for a closed listing and hopefully find your item. If you have won the item it will also be showing on your 'My eBid' page.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 6th August 2017 at 09:32 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View cockneyone's Feedback (+330)
    All-About cockneyone
    View cockneyone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    You should be getting emails to tell you. Have you checked your spam folder ? Make sure your email settings allow emails from donotreply@ebid.net

Also go to your 'My eBid' page and check the right email boxes are ticked in 'My Notifications' in the left hand column then press update at the bottom.

You can also go to Browse Categories and by the search box there you will see 'Advanced search'. Using the advanced search you can tick the box for a closed listing and hopefully find your item. If you have won the item it will also be showing on your 'My eBid' page.
    Thankyou for guidance here - yes, I checked in 'My Notifications' and I did not have the Auction Results ticked... nor the outbid notice. My fault and rectified now!

Found the other item by using the advanced search and luckily I remembered part of the title... thanks again for help. Odd, however, is that I fould items that weren't closed but RUS - should they appear in a search for closed items?

Many thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by cockneyone View Post
    Thankyou for guidance here - yes, I checked in 'My Notifications' and I did not have the Auction Results ticked... nor the outbid notice. My fault and rectified now!

Found the other item by using the advanced search and luckily I remembered part of the title... thanks again for help. Odd, however, is that I fould items that weren't closed but RUS - should they appear in a search for closed items?

Many thanks again.
    Glad I could help. I don't know about the run until sold question. It might be that the items have been closed if the seller hasn't logged in for a long time. If there is no activity from a seller for a long time eBid will send their listings into their listings I ran folder and send them a warning email. It stops the site getting clogged up with dump and run sellers and redundant listings.

Thread Information