Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crochet advice please..

Default Re: Crochet advice please..

There are some wool painting brooches on tos - just take a look at the ones of collies - utterly fabulous bearing in mind they are only approx. 3" in diameter.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    There are some wool painting brooches on tos - just take a look at the ones of collies - utterly fabulous bearing in mind they are only approx. 3" in diameter.
    Totally breathtaking. This is a whole new world I'm looking at!

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    lol! Don't know how you manage it! Plastic hooks - the ones I tried bent as I worked..... can't be doing with that!!!

Ta muchly about my hats.... would love to list more stuff but 'nuff said..... maybe when cats are sorted, maybe.....

I'm sticking with smaller stuff at the moment... novelties etc..... I don't have the patience these days for bigger stuff like garments, blankets etc

None of these are listed so this is not a plug! lol!

Attachment 56018

Also, I don't seem to have the patience for following patterns either these days so these items just happen as I think of them. Depends on what yarns I get my hands on, eg the green and white I had in then I just happened on the orange so just had to do the Irish flag with leprechaun hat tea cosy!

What a lovely collection of crochet items and how talented you are to make such lovely items without a pattern. I just about manage a granny square.

Hope you have lots of sales when listing them.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    What a lovely collection of crochet items and how talented you are to make such lovely items without a pattern. I just about manage a granny square.

Hope you have lots of sales when listing them.
    Thank You so much for your kind words. I'll be unlikely to list quite a lot of what I make ~ it's the age old issue of deciding what is viable and what is not...... it really is difficult with handmade stuff online.....

Things might change when the new cats are in place.... they might not - it takes more than cats to fetch the customers in......

In the meantime, table tops, on display & for sale in libraries, private sales/orders......

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Thank You so much for your kind words. I'll be unlikely to list quite a lot of what I make ~ it's the age old issue of deciding what is viable and what is not...... it really is difficult with handmade stuff online.....

Things might change when the new cats are in place.... they might not - it takes more than cats to fetch the customers in......

In the meantime, table tops, on display & for sale in libraries, private sales/orders......

Yes I know what you mean about being viable to sell on-line but I'm sure where ever you sell you will have lots of interest and sales.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I find is that small items like these often have to go small parcel and for most the increased postage is too much
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    What I find is that small items like these often have to go small parcel and for most the increased postage is too much
    Exactly right!

Also, where items will go large letter rate, their value isn't worth the effort when considering fees - not eBid's of course, theirs is so small, it's PP fees that hammer small value items.... sigh....

On the other hand, where such small items - eg egg cosies which go at large letter rate, can be listed in sets of 4 or 6 to make it something like viable..... but even so, for me to buy the yarn, make the items (hours), spend time (photographs + editing) listing etc etc reposting, etc etc what a faf!!! for what? very little return! lol!!!

It won't stop me making, of course...... just need to focus on where the better outlet is for some of the stuff....

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that, mostly, people need to see hand made items to buy them and, of course, feel them. Yarn quality makes so much difference.

I'm a really cack-handed crocheter, holding the yarn all wrong, but I hate bamboo hooks and, for that matter, only use bamboo knitting needles when the work is slipping off metal or plastic ones(I don't buy them... they appear on the front of knitting mags)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I have just finished a granny square. Can't tell you the number of times it has been ripped out - a bit of a Morecame and Wise scenario - could remember the stitches but not in the right order

What is it with old age that the brain refuses to remember the things that were so easy in your thirties

My Tulip hook was worth the money though Very easy on the arthritic joint which, I think, would not take kindly to a thin handled one.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I think that, mostly, people need to see hand made items to buy them and, of course, feel them. Yarn quality makes so much difference.

I'm a really cack-handed crocheter, holding the yarn all wrong, but I hate bamboo hooks and, for that matter, only use bamboo knitting needles when the work is slipping off metal or plastic ones(I don't buy them... they appear on the front of knitting mags)
    Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    I have just finished a granny square. Can't tell you the number of times it has been ripped out - a bit of a Morecame and Wise scenario - could remember the stitches but not in the right order

What is it with old age that the brain refuses to remember the things that were so easy in your thirties

My Tulip hook was worth the money though Very easy on the arthritic joint which, I think, would not take kindly to a thin handled one.
    I so agree. Yarn quality is everything when folk are able to literally touch the item ~ but there is also something to be said for items with novelty value. (to tempt the spontaneous buyer with something completely different and unusual, one offs so to speak).

Bamboo? stick it back where it grows!

love_to_stitch - you did make me laugh! (re old age) . If I'm making a "batch" of anything, eg cuffs or cosies I can remember all the little idiosyncrasies I prefer for each item. If I leave a batch alone & start something new, then return to batch another lot of something - I've lost it! lol! I have a real struggle to get the new batch going again.....

Tulip hook - I'm so glad it works for you and you can get some crochet pleasure again.

I've just had a brilliant morning - 4 pairs of crochet cuffs finished, bagged & handmade labels put on - ready to go..... + I've made & attached 23 lace bobbin spangles using stainless steel......

Isn't crafting such a joy!

Last edited by cheaver; 17th August 2017 at 12:17 PM.

Thread Information