Thread: Cannot change a listing from Auction to Fixed Price

Forum Newbie
    View mb300e4m's Feedback (+545)
    All-About mb300e4m
    View mb300e4m's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Cannot change a listing from Auction to Fixed Price

Hi there,

I am trying to change one of my listings from Auction to Fixed Price but I cannot tick the "Fixed Price" box in Section three no matter what I do. Here is the listing: https://www.ebid.net/us/for-sale/mar...-129452448.htm

Also when I try to preview the listing I get this error message. Are they related, I have no idea?

I am using Windows 10 and Chrome, the latest version. All cookies and junk have been cleaned out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cannot change a listing from Auction to Fixed Price

Quote Originally Posted by mb300e4m View Post
    Hi there,

I am trying to change one of my listings from Auction to Fixed Price but I cannot tick the "Fixed Price" box in Section three no matter what I do. Here is the listing: https://www.ebid.net/us/for-sale/mar...-129452448.htm

Also when I try to preview the listing I get this error message. Are they related, I have no idea?

I am using Windows 10 and Chrome, the latest version. All cookies and junk have been cleaned out.
    I've had some of those...... sigh, double sigh..... etc etc....

been onto Support and they've asked me for all sorts of info which I've given them but the problem still exists.... to date.... sigh....

Go onto Firefox and you'll find this problem does not exist there......

I'm using Linux Mint 18 on Opera generally, until the stupids kick in which is when I have to switch to Firefox....

obviously Chrome is the issue.....

Name:  o.2.png
Views: 48
Size:  27.6 KB

oh, and I went to the site's homepage as suggested on the message and that didn't work either....

sigh.... double sigh.... etc etc

and with all the to-ing and fro-ing my 'puter got brassed off and kept crashing due to overheating (or summat else stupid?) so I abandoned ship for a few hours while I reconnected brain cells unaffected by frustration.... sigh...

Last edited by cheaver; 24th July 2017 at 08:04 PM.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there,

Oh, and you can't have a Fixed Price on an item which is 7 days after 1st bid can you? You need to change that before you can put a fixed price on it?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there,

Try closing the listing (do not delete) - once it appears on your Listings I Ran > without sales - click on the item title > on the next page, click on REPOST THIS LISTING and it will open your edit page - try to make the changes via this route.

Forum Newbie
    View mb300e4m's Feedback (+545)
    All-About mb300e4m
    View mb300e4m's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Jeweleffects and Cheaver,

I tried your suggestions and was able to change the active listing to FIXED PRICE. However when I wanted to preview the listing I got the same annoying and stupid error message "This Page Isn't Working". I tried several times but it it kept happening. When I did a reload with the error on the page, it showed a preview but said I was trying to edit a deleted listing, which is BS because I had opened the active listing several times to edit it and see if it had changed to Fixed Price.

I got tired of going around in an ever decreasing circle so I deleted the active listing and re-created it from scratch. And eBid wonder why I don't use eBad very often. And I am tired of eBid telling me my listings are going to be deleted due to my lack of activity. They should try it from my end. Good till cancelled listings should be just that, good till cancelled by ME and not them.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Fed up,

Peter B.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fed up,
    Peter B.

Hi Peter, yes, very frustrating. I couldn't list a new item using Opera. When I had created the listing and got the error message I saved the listing to My Defaults. I then had to shut down Opera, go into Firefox and sign into everything again, then had to jump through umpteen hoops to fetch my listing back up again. Just a sheer, total nightmare.
    The only consolation is that I sent screenshots to Support ~ hopefully (one day) they will sort it so that this doesn't happen. ... hopefully....

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I tried your suggestions and was able to change the active listing to FIXED PRICE. However when I wanted to preview the listing I got the same annoying and stupid error message "This Page Isn't Working". I tried several times but it it kept happening. When I did a reload with the error on the page, it showed a preview but said I was trying to edit a deleted listing, which is BS because I had opened the active listing several times to edit it and see if it had changed to Fixed Price.

I got tired of going around in an ever decreasing circle so I deleted the active listing and re-created it from scratch. And eBid wonder why I don't use eBad very often. And I am tired of eBid telling me my listings are going to be deleted due to my lack of activity. They should try it from my end. Good till cancelled listings should be just that, good till cancelled by ME and not them.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Fed up,

Peter B.
    There is a very good reason for closing Run until Sold listings if a seller has not signed into their eBid account for 60 days. Before eBid brought in this rule items would remain listed even if the seller had stopped selling for any number of reasons and could no longer supply the items. They might even had died. There were a number of buyers who complained that they got no response whatever if they wanted to buy these items. It gave eBid a bad name among buyers.
    Surely it is no great hardship to sign into your account once every 60 days. I'm surprised you don't sign in more frequently anyway. You have to sign in to list or edit items.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

As for the ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR issue...

This page https://www.bmyers.com/public/Bypass...-in-Chrome.cfm may be worth a read. It explains what is going on and how to disable the auditor if you wish.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    As for the ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR issue...

This page https://www.bmyers.com/public/Bypass...-in-Chrome.cfm may be worth a read. It explains what is going on and how to disable the auditor if you wish.
    Interesting..................... I will check my Chrome browser as well, thanks Mel

Thread Information