eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a moan!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I need a moan!

It's not just me who has those people who join eBid, buy something and then.... nothing... is it?

I guess they just don't think that the account on eBid matters because I've tried every kind of question, message neg, neutral but few ever return either to tell me what happened or to buy anything else on eBid.

What does anyone else do?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Default Re: I need a moan!

No - it's not just you! I don't sell much as I've not listed much, but what I have listed has been selling, slowly, over the last couple of years. (This has been part of an experiment, so not worried about it.)

All my buyers have been first timers. Last week I had my first feedback given; this I find odd as I always leave feedback, and this puzzled me for some time. One buyer sent me an email saying how pleased he was with his purchase and raving about eBid's excellence. However, I have not seen him around since.

One thing i have noticed, however, is that most set up their new account together with a new email address. This results in eBid having this new address and if the buyer set it up simply for the purchase they have just made, they do not monitor the box. In one case, the shipping costs had reduced on an item, without my having noticed. I returned the difference and sent him a message to that effect. After two months, during which I sent two further messages, I took back the refund.

It looks as though some new buyers are afraid they may be subject to more and more annoying advertising if they use their regular email!

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Re: I need a moan!

No, it's not just you Madelaine!

Along with payment reminders I usually send newbies a softly worded email saying if they bought in error(!) please let me know so I can relist the item for the charity.

I have had a few reply, in which case I leave a neutral so I can reclaim the selling fee, if they don't it's a negative.

Mostly recently I've had a buyer from Holland who got 2 negs and a strike through before I'd even emailed.

Most annoying was a newbie who ignored all correspondence yet bought and paid for 3 items from other sellers.
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    No, it's not just you Madelaine!

Along with payment reminders I usually send newbies a softly worded email saying if they bought in error(!) please let me know so I can relist the item for the charity.

I have had a few reply, in which case I leave a neutral so I can reclaim the selling fee, if they don't it's a negative.

Mostly recently I've had a buyer from Holland who got 2 negs and a strike through before I'd even emailed.

Most annoying was a newbie who ignored all correspondence yet bought and paid for 3 items from other sellers.
    Sounds like the one that bid on eleven of my items ! She sent me loads of emails as the things were finishing asking questions, which I answered, and then when the last thing finished she didn't pay despite saying she was in a hurry for the items and could I post them right away.
    I spent quite a time packing all the items carefully to give her the correct postage costs and so I could post straight away. I had one more email asking if she could send an IBAN payment which I declined as the bank fees are so high. I sent her a link for PPPay if she didn't want to use Paypal but have heard no more.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

It feels to me as if these non-buyers just don't care about the negs on their accounts here. I often leave a neg which says "no payment but if you contact me to explain I'll edit this" and once, just once, the buyer came back a whole year later and bought the item so I did as I promised.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    It feels to me as if these non-buyers just don't care about the negs on their accounts here. I often leave a neg which says "no payment but if you contact me to explain I'll edit this" and once, just once, the buyer came back a whole year later and bought the item so I did as I promised.
    Could it be that we sellers have slipped into the infamous 'eBid admin spacetime rift' where time passes differently to us than to those outside; mere seconds to them being months and years to us?

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Could it be that we sellers have slipped into the infamous 'eBid admin spacetime rift' where time passes differently to us than to those outside; mere seconds to them being months and years to us?
    If that is true, I'm selling at one hell of a rate
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's not just me who has those people who join eBid, buy something and then.... nothing... is it?

I guess they just don't think that the account on eBid matters because I've tried every kind of question, message neg, neutral but few ever return either to tell me what happened or to buy anything else on eBid.

What does anyone else do?
    I get a lot of repeat buyers, it goes with selling stamps I guess. It often starts with one item, and then they come back with a long list.

I do get new buyers who don't want to use or cannot use cards. I accept a limited list of notes by post; US$, HK$, Baht, Euro, Chinese yuan, basically places where I travel and can spend.
    It works OK until someone sends me Swedish coins which I cannot spend, and I tell them it will cost more to return the coins than their value...
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    I get a lot of repeat buyers, it goes with selling stamps I guess.
    I also get repeat buyers for stamps, and for coins but it's the ones who buy and then... nothing...
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also get repeat buyers for stamps, and for coins but it's the ones who buy and then... nothing...
    I guess I would moan if I had a lot, but it is not a high proportion of total sales, and eventually I mark NPB and get my sale fee back.
    I had a customer recently who bought two items and after three weeks and many messages from me, I marked NPB. The next morning I had a payment and an apology, so I guess my mood is more optimistic at the moment.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information