Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bloomin' Photobucket !

Default Bloomin' Photobucket !

I thought I had escaped the Photobucket changes as I don't host my photos from there but looking at my listings this morning I see that all my 'Join eBid' buttons on my listings which I got from bykimbo years ago and my about me page template that I bought from her have been replaced by this !

Grrrr why couldn't they just make the image vanish instead of slapping this enormous thing on ?!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bloomin' Photobucket !

The reasonable thing to do if they wanted to introduce charges would to have applied the charges to new submissions only. Retrospectively applying charges to what was supplied free and unrestricted previously could turn out to be a big mistake for them.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    The reasonable thing to do if they wanted to introduce charges would to have applied the charges to new submissions only. Retrospectively applying charges to what was supplied free and unrestricted previously could turn out to be a big mistake for them.

I agree, sites all over the net are going to be impacted by this, it's a real pain.

I did use photobucket when I added extra pictures to listings and for I don't know what else here on eBid. More revising on the horizon I'm afraid. What a pain this will be for many people. I agree with Mel that this change in policy could be a big mistake for photobucket.

The BBC are already reporting on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40492668

You should see some of the tweets coming in. People are so angry, years of work on their blogs have been destroyed !

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Luckily, I managed to adjust my listings and close my Photobucket account before they replaced all my images with their graphics. I am going to miss my animated finger pointing to the eBid sign up link and the peace sign in the Purple Peace Head Shoppe. Unfortunately, the decorative borders and backgrounds were also lost. Bummer!

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Luckily, I managed to adjust my listings and close my Photobucket account before they replaced all my images with their graphics. I am going to miss my animated finger pointing to the eBid sign up link and the peace sign in the Purple Peace Head Shoppe. Unfortunately, the decorative borders and backgrounds were also lost. Bummer!
    So they are holding users' images for ransom and won't let you retrieve them unless you cough up the money?

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Additional to the above...

Have you searched Google Images to see if they have harvested any of your missing pics? For example, searching on 'Jabek1' throws up a peace sign which could be yours.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

I, like many others, have now dumped P'bucket AND not just because they have introduced money grubbing changes, & holding our pix for hostage!
    But also because, for a long time now, it has been almost impossible to use the site due to the amount of ads!
    Hostage again, because an ongoing fee is required to remove them.
    I have managed to download & save one of my albums, but it was a very tedious time consuming task.
    I've also marked ALL my albums as private & not available for sharing - but doubt that will stop them using them if they wish?
    If & when I save all my albums (doubtful) I'll delete the pix & account. Not game to check my listings yet, or my forum posts, especially the travel threads, as I fear they're gone!
    I did a google search for the top ten "free" photo sharing sites, & there are plenty to choose from, BUT, they may also "do a P'bucket" at some point, so for the time being, I'm hosting pix on my own 'puter!

Perhaps this mob have been bought out by "you know who"? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest!

Edit to say - all pix in travel threads have gone!

Last edited by Oldandintheway; 15th July 2017 at 11:03 PM.

Yippee, have managed to get my template and images back on my about me page by hosting them from my own website so that is a relief !

Thread Information