Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Fame at last! Item on recent sold items on the front page..

Default Fame at last! Item on recent sold items on the front page..

who says things don't sell on eBid? I sold stuff. me, me, me...

I could sell more when I get more listed, been too busy in the garden. Cucumbers are ready, toms are nearly there. Courgettes nearly there. We've had all the strawberries
    We got all sorts of stuff growing.... and loads of figs, the fig tree is absolutely loaded.

I like this time of year.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

Default Re: Fame at last! Item on recent sold items on the front page..

Great to hear someone sharing their success instead of complaints of no sales!! I've had several small sales too in the past few weeks. I run all my sales with auction format and for 10 days with 10 relists - that means for 100 days I don't have to worry about my listings until I get an e-mail notice that says the item has closed and it's really quick to go to "closed without sales, click on repost all and delete all and no worries for another 100 days.

My summers are busy like yours too - gardening (thank goodness lily sales are over!!), hatching chicks for sale, yard sales for items too big to ship, home maintenance, repairs, etc so I have signed up for e-mail alerts for everything and on those days I need to get outside to work early to beat the heat, all I have to do is check my e-mail and see if there is anything that needs my immediate attention. Run Until Sold items stay last on the list of searches and you might sell even more if they are doing the auction rotation and auto relisting.

Best of luck with more sales in the future!!

I've had other small sales over the past few weeks. I never seen my name on the front page before though, my 15mins of fame...

Chicks? As in chickens? We keep chickens and geese. Wouldn't be without them, they are very good gardeners. Free range in the true sense.... except the veg patch is out of bounds!

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonSystems View Post

Chicks? As in chickens? We keep chickens and geese. Wouldn't be without them, they are very good gardeners. Free range in the true sense.... except the veg patch is out of bounds!
    Yes, as in chickens Unfortunately it's not going too well this year - lost a lot due to hot dry weather and they need lots of humidity those last few days I do have some free range roosters but keep my breeding/feed stock in pens as we have too many predators here - including neighbor's dogs that roam around. On my to-do list is making some chicken tractors so they can all safely free range. How are the geese as "protectors"? I've got a pair of Guineas but all they do is make a lot of racket and run and hide - so much for being protection

The geese have protected the hens from foxes in the past. However, I shut them all in at night to keep them safe. I also keep my eye out for signs of foxes. The back garden is fenced in, 6 to 7' high with wire buried under the ground. Just over 1/3rd acre. If I see a dog lose I tell the owner or call the police.

I have raised some chicks in an incubator, the cockerels I've given away to breeders or friends. All of my current stock I've raised that way. We have Welsomers and Double-Laced Barnevelders. I sometimes have Light Sussex and I quite like the look of Wyandottes, so I might get some of those.

I also shoot, so I have guns for rats, rabbits, wood pidgeons, etc, to keep them away from the feed. I can't afford to feed all the wildlife too.

I'm just imagining little tractors with ploughs and chickens driving them, very efficient way to get at the worms.... Its ok I do know which type of tractor you are referring to.

Join me on eBid here.

I wish I could fence in the acre that I use but due to having two creeks, the area can be prone to flooding and there goes the fence! I tried to make a deal with the wild creatures - you can have 6 acres of my land to roam as long as you leave my 1 acre alone but they don't seem to respect that???? I've only seen a fox here once (maybe they are "smart" enough to respect my deal?) but coyotes, possums, coons and snakes are plentiful. Once they find a constant source of food they will come back so they have to be dealt with

The city has a contract with a local Animal Shelter to pick up any strays found in town, but nothing for the county. Very few people believe in spay/neuter so the county roads are often used as "dumping grounds" for unwanted dogs and cats. At one time it was so bad that wild dog packs outnumbered the coyotes - but it's "open season" on them year round.

My primary meat/egg layers are Barred Rocks and their eggs are too big for an incubator to handle so I have to hand turn them every day but I have some very broody Bantys, so I let them set the nests

"little tractors with ploughs and chickens driving them" - LOL!!! Love the visual!!!

Thread Information