Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket, Site Revamp and Store Templates Question

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Photobucket, Site Revamp and Store Templates Question

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    I like the way you always look on the bright side of life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

I'm not sure if looking on the bright side of life is all that relevant here. This site doesn't seem to be able to make any progress forward. It never seems to be able to meet any scheduled deadlines for things that they have set for themselves. From my experience, this is not the sign of a well run organization.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post

I'm not sure if looking on the bright side of life is all that relevant here. This site doesn't seem to be able to make any progress forward. It never seems to be able to meet any scheduled deadlines for things that they have set for themselves. From my experience, this is not the sign of a well run organization.

if your dissatisfied as you always seem to be and constantly moan you can always leave,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Frankly, I've always wondered about how much some here on eBid appear to take their charity work. While I'm all for contributing to worthy causes, I find that so much emphasis is put on it here on eBid that it often seems that many here are more concerned about raising money for charity than running their businesses. It has always struck me as strange.
    you clearly dont understand the benefits of the YDC , it is far from strange

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Missing deadlines with IT is not exclusive to eBid, it happens everywhere. IT professionals seem to live in a parallel universe when it comes to time-frames. Where I work we are regularly given a time-frame for something to happen and very frequently it does not. What they say as minutes you can quite often convert to hours.

What would you're reaction be if they did the work and it was all messed upt? In my view it is better to go slow and get things right before actioning them.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Missing deadlines with IT is not exclusive to eBid, it happens everywhere. IT professionals seem to live in a parallel universe when it comes to time-frames. Where I work we are regularly given a time-frame for something to happen and very frequently it does not. What they say as minutes you can quite often convert to hours.

What would you're reaction be if they did the work and it was all messed upt? In my view it is better to go slow and get things right before actioning them.
    I agree. Far better to get it right next month than rush it through because of pressure.
    Other auction sites seem to be having problems at least partly because of rushing.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post

By your reasoning, a customer would have no legitimate complaint if a purchase they made was not delivered when promised. Frankly, I'm of the opinion that when one makes a promise to do something by a certain date, one loses credibility when one fails to make good on that promise. It is far better not to mention a date and to admit that, although something is planned for the future, there is no timetable for its execution.

With regard to the work being done on time only to messed up, as you put it. The issue there would be that if the project was not functional as described, it would not be a finished project anyway.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

By your reasoning, a customer would have no legitimate complaint if a purchase they made was not delivered when promised. Frankly, I'm of the opinion that when one makes a promise to do something by a certain date, one loses credibility when one fails to make good on that promise. It is far better not to mention a date and to admit that, although something is planned for the future, there is no timetable for its execution.

With regard to the work being done on time only to messed up, as you put it. The issue there would be that if the project was not functional as described, it would not be a finished project anyway.
    loftys reasoning is a IT reasoning, comparing IT to logistics is like comparing apples and oranges, a seller does not have control over a delivery company's schedule,a seller can only state what the delivery company offer,

i have seen before the hounding of ebid to implement changes, which they duly brought forward before time, which cost them more time and every one else more time because they implemented before time,

ebid have my full support to implement these new changes when there good and ready.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    if your dissatisfied as you always seem to be and constantly moan you can always leave,

Actually, Sid, I did stay away from the site for some time and only relatively recently began listing here again. I purchased a seller+ lifetime membership originally based on what were advertised to be the benefits of the site. Unfortunately, not all of those benefits have proved to be actual benefits.

Am I critical of the site's short comings? Yes, I most certainly am. I feel it my duty to push the management of the site to fulfill their obligation to provide the benefits of membership that their advertising implied. Unfortunately, this may not always mean having kind words for the site when it fails to live up to my, the buyer's, expectations.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    you clearly dont understand the benefits of the YDC , it is far from strange

I freely support charitable causes and organizations in which I believe. However, over the past several years it has struck me that there are quite a few sellers here on eBid that spend considerable time and effort on the site in pursuit of charitable fund raising. This is undoubtedly a worthy endeavor and I commend them for it. However, this being an eCommerce site, I fail to see the value of the effort promoting it as much as it is. Of course, I suppose that most of the promotion is done here on the boards and among the different organizations the fund raising goes to assist.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Actually, Sid, I did stay away from the site for some time and only relatively recently began listing here again. I purchased a seller+ lifetime membership originally based on what were advertised to be the benefits of the site. Unfortunately, not all of those benefits have proved to be actual benefits.

Am I critical of the site's short comings? Yes, I most certainly am. I feel it my duty to push the management of the site to fulfill their obligation to provide the benefits of membership that their advertising implied. Unfortunately, this may not always mean having kind words for the site when it fails to live up to my, the buyer's, expectations.
    hmm benefits of membership, that would be a selling platform i dont really see how you feel aggrieved on that one,have you got thousands of listings waiting in the wings of multiple variations i wonder,

if your a seller + you get exactly what you signed up for, by the way your moaning it sounds like you have had some thing taken away from you is that the case? if so then you have a reasonable argument with ebid, or are you just confusing upgrades which you did not sign up for, upgrades are at the sites discretion certainly not any individual's whim,

spamming the forum with your constant moaning because there a few days late is really not very good for the site as a whole, perhaps a wise man would of contacted ebid asked them, and put the answer on the forum in a positive light, that would be more becoming to a debate rather than what you take as a excuse to spam the forum.

takes me back to the days of the ebay trolls , they always came out at critical holiday periods as well.

Thread Information