Thread: Photobucket, Site Revamp and Store Templates Question

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Photobucket, Site Revamp and Store Templates Question

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post

Thank you - just re-registered as I don't care for Photobucket where I have a lot of stuff stored and need to remove.

I also added myself again....

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    That is correct Mel. 15 free images per listing will be excellent and we will have no need for external image hosting in description areas any more.
    Also, because of html layouts to accommodate ipads, ipods, cellphones etc, most html description designs with background images, borders, tables (especially tables) etc look pretty awful now. This is why I don't offer colorful auction templates any more.
    Another site I sell on does not allow any kind of html in the description area so I have to be a little 'inventive' on my displays.

Alas! I'm quite fond of the artistic templates you offered, Jan. They seem to give a feel of class to the listings, in my opinion. The blah style of listing is one of the reasons I no longer list on eCrater. Of course, I suppose many of the shoppers of today aren't as conscious of aesthetics as in the past. Frankly, I'm amazed by how my daughter shops using only her iPhone. I find the small screens annoying. Sometimes I even miss my big screen monitor that I used with my desktop Penelope. Oh well! Time marches on.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    An increase to 15 images per item/variant is on the cards.
    Actually, I'm thinking about hosting my pics on my own site, since I've underutilized it for years.

I did go through the basic templates I use here on eBid for my stores. I removed all the hosted images and animation such as the PEACE sign in the Purple Peace Shoppe and my pointing finger to show people where to click. Bummer! I liked them.

Naturally, it's going to be a little while until I get my listings switched over. Hopefully, this promise of additional photograph capability will not drag on too long like some things have done.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Actually, I'm thinking about hosting my pics on my own site, since I've underutilized it for years.
    That would be my preferred option; that way you are not dependant on someone else for maintaining availability. One thing I've always hated about hosting sites is the rather cryptic URLs given to images.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post

Alas! I'm quite fond of the artistic templates you offered, Jan. They seem to give a feel of class to the listings, in my opinion. The blah style of listing is one of the reasons I no longer list on eCrater. Of course, I suppose many of the shoppers of today aren't as conscious of aesthetics as in the past. Frankly, I'm amazed by how my daughter shops using only her iPhone. I find the small screens annoying. Sometimes I even miss my big screen monitor that I used with my desktop Penelope. Oh well! Time marches on.
    Awe thanks for the compliment. I do miss them myself.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bloomin 'eck!

I just updated my Me page because all the images hosted on my Photobucket account were not showing any more.
    So, I got busy downloading all the images I needed into My Gallery and used the links from there.
    Works brilliantly.

Was a lot of work and I'm angry with Photobucket - I think I will delete my account on there.

From my end of the spectrum, all looks well, but I would appreciate any extra 'eyes' and let me know if anything looks 'off '

https://www.ebid.net/us/users/jewele.../all-about-me/

I also found a listing with all the images gone in my description and had to do the same thing.
    I guess I will get busy checking out other listings I may have used images in my description area.

All this blerdy work because of the so called 'free' Photobucket - what a pain in the 'proverbial' !!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Bloomin 'eck!

I just updated my Me page because all the images hosted on my Photobucket account were not showing any more. So, I got busy downloading all the images I needed into My Gallery and used the links from there.
    Works brilliantly.
    A possible problem with that.

It used to be that an image uploaded to My Gallery that wasn't used in a listing within 10 days was deleted. If that is still the case then the images on your About Me page could vanish again after the 10 days are up.

It used to be that an image uploaded to My Gallery that wasn't used in a listing within 10 days was deleted. If that is still the case then the images on your About Me page could vanish again after the 10 days are up.
    I think if you load them into a default you should be covered.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't know that, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just received an email from Photobucket advising that the links to my photos will be disabled if I don't upgrade to their Plus 500 plan for $400. I guess I'll have to close most of my listings as I update to remove the embedded images while I wait for eBid revamp and the 15 photo deal. Frankly, I'm not overly confident in the boys in the tower getting it done any time soon.

I'm still considering hosting my on my own site, but until then I'll probably just make do with the five. Of course, Photobucket is being something of a pain in my backside. The wording of their email makes it sound like I've been stealing by using the services they use to provide for free without paying. Oh well! I don't suppose they'll miss any of us that decide to leave them.

Well, I'm off to edit my listings. Catch y'all later.

Thread Information