Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: payment

Forum Newbie
    All-About supporto
    View supporto's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post payment

hello

i m new here and i have a big big problem. 5 sells till now and no one of my customer have made an payment. why? did someone know something . i have pay.com and skrill. and even if i send the invoices messages no one paid for their order. what is happening here. i pays for all my products an extrafees for being more visualization and i receive an invoice of 30 euro for that. but after all no one of my clients have paid so what can i do

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: payment

OMG where to start! First of all stop using "featured" you'll get plenty of views without paying (however much it is) every month. Secondly do NOT cancel the sales that you're awaiting payment for, send 2 (spaced) reminders and an email (you'll find their email address in their contact details) because it's possible that the payment requests have been going to their junk folders. If you get no contact or payment after that then file a non paying bidder report to reclaim your final valuation fee (FVF). Then come back for advice on how to use eBid effectively. Good luck.

Paypal is still the most popular way to pay on eBid so maybe your customers didn't realize that you don't offer it ? As Olivia has said try sending them an email directly to their email address.

A word of warning Skrill doesn't work on eBid listings any more unless you pay to have a merchants account with Skrill. I used to offer Skrill but have now taken it off my listings since Skrill changed the rules. I think eBid will be getting rid of it soon or so they said.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the heads-up about Skrill. I wonder when the Skrill management were intending to let their customers know about that, I have a personal account with them and have not heard anything. Although I don't think it will be a big loss (the time I ever use it was to pay for a YDC purchase) and it was not an easy system to navigate.

Can anyone suggest alternatives? I would like to have at least one non paypoo option, I have looked into stripe and that is far to technical for me. Also Nochex is a non-starter as unless you pay them £50 a year they shut down your account, Then they probably wonder why they have so few customers: penalising you customers because no-one has heard of your product is a strange way to do business.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I offer BACS/EFT Bank Transfer as my alternative to PayPal but my customers prefer PayPal and so far I've had no payments through BACS.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31262)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Since there is no charge for BACS, you could offer UK customers a discount equivalent to paypal charges, or is that against someone's rules?
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

I understand you don't like it but Paypal is the preferred payment for most people.
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up about Skrill. I wonder when the Skrill management were intending to let their customers know about that, I have a personal account with them and have not heard anything. Although I don't think it will be a big loss (the time I ever use it was to pay for a YDC purchase) and it was not an easy system to navigate.

Can anyone suggest alternatives? I would like to have at least one non paypoo option, I have looked into stripe and that is far to technical for me. Also Nochex is a non-starter as unless you pay them £50 a year they shut down your account, Then they probably wonder why they have so few customers: penalising you customers because no-one has heard of your product is a strange way to do business.
    This is the reply I had from eBid support at the time.

Hi Becky,

We have been attempting to get to the bottom of the problem with Skrill but they are not being at all helpful.

It would seem some personal accounts have permissions to allow receipt of payments but these are few and far between.

The only logical advice we can give is to let other users know that a merchant/business account is required now for Skrill.

This is an unattractive prospect as it entails a monthly fee.

In all likelihood I expect we will phase Skrill out as an option as the number of people using it is minimal. Stripe has been mentioned as a possible addition which we are looking into at the moment.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team

This is the answer I had from Skrill support.

With regards to your inquiry we would like to inform you that your account is considered personal account with commercial use for accepting delcampe payments - it is not a business/merchant one. Given the nature of the profile and the fact that you have not used it for more than an year , we recommend you to close it and to register a new private one under alternative e-mail address where you can continue receiving/sending transactions. You can also take the Skrill payment option off your listings at eBid.net . Thank you for the understanding.

Why you are allowed to use it on one auction site and not another is a mystery to me and looks like eBid didn't get any joy with an answer either !

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

BACS gave many of us a load of trouble a few years ago - someone used the information to set up direct debits on our accounts. This involved the banks breaking the rules but it still happened. I lost no money but it cost me nearly a working week of time to sort it out.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I already have BACS as an option, but no one has asked to use it (apart from the original scammer that Madelaine mentioned). Personally I would only use it with people that I have history with.

When I asked for alternatives I was hoping that someone may have something like paypal, but without the horrendous customer service and charges attached.

A few years ago Egg had a good system, but it was abandoned when they were taken over by Citibank.

You set up an account with them, the other person of course also had to have an account. You then added the amount to be transferred to your account. (I can't remember the exact details here but I think you sent them a code number and/or question to be answered by email). Then they logged onto their account, entered the details and the payment was made.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information