Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden listing?

Default Hidden listing?

Is there any way to hide a buy-now listing so that it may only be seen by people who are given a link?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Hidden listing?

Quote Originally Posted by rocks2dust View Post
    Is there any way to hide a buy-now listing so that it may only be seen by people who are given a link?
    nope, but what i used to do is say on the listing title for "username" only then send the link to the item
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Sounds like a private listing ... and yes, there is a check box for that on the listing page.

I suppose that I could do the title thing, leave off photos and much of any useful description to limit who would bother to look at it. Would be nice if I also could also leave it out of the category list and off a search of my items, however. The alternative seems to be to skip ebid.net and have them send funds.

Hidden listings aren't something I've previously used, but I know some who have done. In this case, I have a request from an existing customer for an item I don't normally sell. I'm willing to oblige that customer, but not sell it to anyone else.

I also thought the "Private listing" option might work, but it seems only intended to hide the ID's of bidders/winners, not the listing itself.

I suppose that I could do the title thing, leave off photos and much of any useful description to limit who would bother to look at it. Would be nice if I also could also leave it out of the category list and off a search of my items, however. The alternative seems to be to skip ebid.net and have them send funds.

Hidden listings aren't something I've previously used, but I know some who have done. In this case, I have a request from an existing customer for an item I don't normally sell. I'm willing to oblige that customer, but not sell it to anyone else.

I also thought the "Private listing" option might work, but it seems only intended to hide the ID's of bidders/winners, not the listing itself.

Good to know.

You could list it on ealtbay.com. Everything is hidden there. Only the front page featured listings are indexed by search engines. There is practically zero buying activity. It's pretty much guaranteed to not sell.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

i would not do that your still entering a contract with your buyer it should be listed as a normal listing if for no other reason than to protect yourself, if your sending the link to the buyer the listing should not be around enough time to attract viewers, you can also say on the listing description for xxxxx$$££ ONLY if done this a few times with no problems.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just delete the old listing (no fees incurred) and start a new one with a title of, 'Private listing for (username). Don't add description just state 'Private listing'. Add the buy now price and postage, if any, and give them 24 hours to pay. Then send the buyer the link.

From previous experience, if the buyer knows you have done this they pay within minutes.

You win with a sale and eBid win with the fees.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Just delete the old listing (no fees incurred) and start a new one with a title of, 'Private listing for (username). Don't add description just state 'Private listing'. Add the buy now price and postage, if any, and give them 24 hours to pay. Then send the buyer the link.

From previous experience, if the buyer knows you have done this they pay within minutes.

You win with a sale and eBid win with the fees.
    This is an interesting suggestion. I would close the old listing, repost from the closed listing, add the details of "Private Listing For....." along with other suggestions.

How about making the price really high but telling your buyer to make an offer for a certain price? Either way you win.

Thread Information