Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot update my listings in edit mode

Default Cannot update my listings in edit mode

This happened yesterday, now again today. I wanted to make a change to a listing, went into edit mode. In both cases, I got the screen requiring me to update the subcategory, presumably to one of the new more detailed ones.

In both cases, the listing had already been updated. Rather than fight it, I decided (in both cases) to just update it again to the same subcategory. In both cases, when I clicked the arrow to get the dropdown list, the little wheel started spinning, and eventually I got a message that my browser has stopped responding. This happened in both FireFox and Explorer.

Here's the one I am trying to fix today:

Home > Buy on eBid > Collectibles > Entertainment Memorabilia > Television Memorabilia > Merchandise & Promotional > 143344880
    Smurf Glass Smurfette 1982 Vintage Hardee's Promotion [143344880]

You encourage us to lower prices when items have run for a while. This makes it very difficult to do that.

Default Re: Cannot update my listings in edit mode

It happened again today. Here's the listing:

Home > Buy on eBid > Collectibles > Entertainment Memorabilia > Television Memorabilia > Merchandise & Promotional > 143478347
    Flintstones Tree Mug from McDonalds Vintage [143478347]

The listings are in the same category/subcategory/subcategory/subcategory --- which may help in locating the problem. I changed three other listings today with no glitches.

Same problem today. Same category/subcategory. I edited some others with no problem.

Home > Buy on eBid > Collectibles > Entertainment Memorabilia > Television Memorabilia > Merchandise & Promotional > 143494690
    Smurf Glass Papa 1983 Vintage Hardee's Promotion [143494690]

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Same problem today. Same category/subcategory. I edited some others with no problem.

Home > Buy on eBid > Collectibles > Entertainment Memorabilia > Television Memorabilia > Merchandise & Promotional > 143494690
    Smurf Glass Papa 1983 Vintage Hardee's Promotion [143494690]

The problem is actually a bit more widespread but is connected to your issues.

On Firefox when listing similar (where a category change is needed) the drop down box doesn't work. Ok if you want to list similar using the same eBid categories but not when you need to change them.

On Chrome the drop down works but on preview it is providing the old: 'Err_blocked_by_xss_auditor' message

3rd time this has happened so presumably Gazza will be able to fix quite easily. Recent thread which also partially covers this glitch is:

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...by_xss_auditor

Might help if someone from support is monitoring these pages...
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 2nd July 2017 at 07:39 PM.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    The problem is actually a bit more widespread but is connected to your issues.

On Firefox when listing similar (where a category change is needed) the drop down box doesn't work. Ok if you want to list similar using the same eBid categories but not when you need to change them.

On Chrome the drop down works but on preview it is providing the old: 'Err_blocked_by_xss_auditor' message

3rd time this has happened so presumably Gazza will be able to fix quite easily. Recent thread which also partially covers this glitch is:

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...by_xss_auditor

Might help if someone from support is monitoring these pages...
    I had no trouble today, using "List Similar" and changing sub-categories. I was using Windows 10 and Firefox.

I changed about ten listings this morning with no problems. Except this one:

Home > Buy on eBid > Collectibles > Entertainment Memorabilia > Television Memorabilia > Merchandise & Promotional > 140973961
    Smurf Glass Hefty 1982 Vintage Hardee's Promotion

The problem only occurs in this SINGLE subcategory.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I changed about ten listings this morning with no problems. Except this one:

Home > Buy on eBid > Collectibles > Entertainment Memorabilia > Television Memorabilia > Merchandise & Promotional > 140973961
    Smurf Glass Hefty 1982 Vintage Hardee's Promotion

The problem only occurs in this SINGLE subcategory.
    Just tried to edit 140973961 in FireFox and the dropdown appeared immediately.

Name:  2017-07-11_0030.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  7.7 KB

You are saying that when you open the subcategory dropdown (the one one the right) that it will not open at all?

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Exactly. But only for the listings in this specific subcategory. I've changed several in other categories with no problem. What is also odd is that this is the correct subcategory for these items. Although there is no reason the system should want me to change it, I would be willing to page down and select it again, but without the dropdown list I can't do that either. Can't get past that page, can't update anything.

I have no idea why the dropdown list appears for you, but not for me. I clear my cache and history regularly, no other problems with anything on eBid or any other site.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

There are now subcats below "Merchandise & Promotional" which is the reason why the request is being made, but that doesn't fix our problem.

Can you try and see if it happens in Google Chrome or Opera.

You are on Windows 10? Do you know if it is 32bit or 64bit version?

Could you maybe try Firefox also in safe mode
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...slug=Safe+Mode

Thanks,
    G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

I had a new one today (using FireFox). I installed Chrome, and it worked there. I'll use Chrome as a backup browser from now on. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm in Windows 10, had a massive update installed two days ago. I have no idea if my system is 32 bit or 64 bit, and don't know how to find out.

Thread Information