Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buy It Now - make an offer

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buy It Now - make an offer

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    but you should be bothered about all sellers opinions your original post did not state there should be a option , which is were i came in.

I list what i have, i specialize, any buyer can see that, they can ask via any listing have you got such and such, as they have done in the past, your also turning this debate into a much larger field. you want dialogue on a refused offer, but now you want to engage in unrelated items the buyer might want, there two completely different things, and brings in to question at what point do you think this could potentially lead to off site sales?
    The only off site sales i do are occasional car boot sales and they are items that i have never listed on any online site. Of course i list/sell on other venues but what i have done is bring buyers from other places to ebid. This has also benefited other ebid sellers! Im sure other sellers have done this too!

I would also say most online auction/venues have quite a large proportion of sellers who sell privately using buyers they have amassed from other places. No online venue will be immune to that not even greedbay.
    I resent that i have to suffer because another seller might conduct sales off site! Look at my feedback, most of my multi buyers don't even leave feedback! If a buyer asks for a specific item and i can locate it, it is then listed as reserved for that particular buyer.

Oh and then we have a mass exodus on this site of sellers who say they cannot sell anything here! To me its up to all sellers to think of ways to attract buyers to the this site, ebid do very little to promote the site so we all need to find ways to do this. If sellers don't like/want or can't be bothered its their loss.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    The only off site sales i do are occasional car boot sales and they are items that i have never listed on any online site. Of course i list/sell on other venues but what i have done is bring buyers from other places to ebid. This has also benefited other ebid sellers! Im sure other sellers have done this too!

I would also say most online auction/venues have quite a large proportion of sellers who sell privately using buyers they have amassed from other places. No online venue will be immune to that not even greedbay.
    I resent that i have to suffer because another seller might conduct sales off site! Look at my feedback, most of my multi buyers don't even leave feedback! If a buyer asks for a specific item and i can locate it, it is then listed as reserved for that particular buyer.

Oh and then we have a mass exodus on this site of sellers who say they cannot sell anything here! To me its up to all sellers to think of ways to attract buyers to the this site, ebid do very little to promote the site so we all need to find ways to do this. If sellers don't like/want or can't be bothered its their loss.

it really looks to me your trying to justify a position your not in, what has your car boot sale expeditions got to do with ebid, you mean you bring in buyers by word of mouth, great, but it has nothing to do with the post of mine your replying too, so now you try to justify off site sales through buying once of a seller on ebid or any were else, your right it does happen , but again thats not the point, the point is setting up that sale through ebid which is against the rules, and a long way from the "option" topic. you also seem to mis the point, i dont care if you have pointless justification emails about a price of a item, i dont want too, is that to hard to understand thats why my original post stated it should be a option which you did not,

as for buyers asking a question they can do that on any listing, ive had that happen and ive listed a item for that buyer that they requested,why should a seller have the ability to promote a item thats not listed, because thats what your asking for, you want to promote, list the item, if its not what the buyer wants they can ask you,i see no reason at all why a seller should keep contacting a buyer, list it right, state in the listing variants available please ask, after they have bought you can email /contact them as many times as you want.

Oh and then we have a mass exodus on this site of sellers who say they cannot sell anything here!"
    you seem to do alright on sales, still thats really another topic, if you wish start another thread and il join in with you
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is getting a bit silly sidelamp if you dont want to use such an option then DON'T no one is forcing you. I am trying to get as many ebid customers as i can to PURCHASE from me here on ebid, and as i have said ebid do not advertise and have now messed up all the sub cats to the point where i am forced to put items in OTHER! So you see if my buyers cannot find the items they want i will look at other ideas that hopefully ebid may at some point implement to help buyers not just mine to find the items they want.

If i can entice buyers to ebid what is wrong with that? Plus yet again Ive just noticed yet another seller saying they can't sell anything, and are you there trying to Help? no its left to people like cheaver.

When sellers come up with valid ideas/options to try to entice buyers to the site which in turn can benefit others we seem to get a few people like yourself that shout us down and often start to behave like silly children!

Thread Information