My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: When are we going to get variations

Default When are we going to get variations

I have read a couple of times of the past year that you are introducing the variations for selling more than one colour/size. I am still waiting almost 2 years down the line or is it intentional so we have to put up loads of listings to make it seem like ebid has lots of items for sale. I have over 800 products all with variations and refuse to put up 132 times per item. Has Ebid thought this out properly, if I see the same item over and over again I would buy elsewhere
    PRINTED AND PERSONALISED T SHIRTS BAGS MUGS CAPS ETC

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rooster-Print

Default Re: When are we going to get variations

How about optional accessories? I think that would be a similar and possibly a better thing to have. Having variations lets you have a different price per variation and it keeps track of stock per variation which is nice. But accessories are different. How long of a power cord do you want with the item? $0.50 per foot and it could be handled automatically by eBid. Do you want the padded base included with your item? Check $4 extra. I don't know of any other site that does this. You have to have multiple listings and then tell your buyer to buy the other items as accessories and then send them an invoice to give the accessories free shipping. The potential accessories feature could point to another listing with the possible option of automatically selecting free shipping on it or it could be a stand alone price adjustment tool that informs the seller about what accessories are wanted.

Forum Newbie
    South Shields, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View electrics4all's Feedback (+1)
    All-About electrics4all
    View electrics4all's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to agree. I have listed one item which thankfully has only two variations but have included a note asking buyer to state in paypal message which size is required.
    I have quite a few products with multiple variations but it would take a long time - and 5p each listing to put them all on here.

Forum Newbie
    View Verstina's Feedback (+18)
    All-About Verstina
    View Verstina's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any more news on this know we have been waiting years for this, but when we was given a date of the 15th Aug in last news letter actually thought it maybe might happen this time. However still seems to be the same.
    Does anyone have any news or updates on this?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Verstina View Post
    Any more news on this know we have been waiting years for this, but when we was given a date of the 15th Aug in last news letter actually thought it maybe might happen this time. However still seems to be the same.
    Does anyone have any news or updates on this?
    Thanks
    Last update from Gazza was that updates are scheduled for August 23rd. Variations, category changes, and more pictures are supposed to be part of the revamp.

We will see if it happens on the 23rd of August. That's the only thing bad about Ebid, they never can meet the deadline that they set even after working on a project for years. Look how long it took them to even release a mobile app which still doesn't work right.

Thread Information