Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Script Causes Web Browser To Crash

Default Bad Script Causes Web Browser To Crash

I have been having this problem the past couple of days. Whenever I try and list something, I select the category without issue. However when I go to select the sub-category, the list doesn't drop down and after a while a message comes up saying that there is an unresponsive script. When I try to end it everything freezes and I wind up having to close the browser.

Between this and issues with my image/template hosting service, I have had a very hard time getting any new items listed.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bad Script Causes Web Browser To Crash

I have also been having problems with slow running scripts recently, not on eBid, but on other sites. This started happening along with other problems following the latest windowz 10 downgrade. Which has transformed my fairly fast 2 year old machine into an old knacker overnight.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

My desktop is currently running Windows 7 Pro. I don't think the problem is with any of my hardware or software since outside of eBid everything else is in working order.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amcer93 View Post
    I have been having this problem the past couple of days. Whenever I try and list something, I select the category without issue. However when I go to select the sub-category, the list doesn't drop down and after a while a message comes up saying that there is an unresponsive script. When I try to end it everything freezes and I wind up having to close the browser.

Between this and issues with my image/template hosting service, I have had a very hard time getting any new items listed.
    You could try using a different browser. Chrome, Firefox and others sometimes slow down after a while, perhaps because they are holding so much cache.
    Deleting cache and installing latest version can help if don't mind losing saved passwords
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

My desktop is currently running Windows 7 Pro. I don't think the problem is with any of my hardware or software since outside of eBid everything else is in working order.
    Now that you have revealed your OS, how about revealing what browser you are using. Then an attempt can be made to duplicate the problem under the same conditions.

Under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 and Firefox 54.0 64-bit it works fine for me.

The suggestion to clear your browser cache is always a good first step as it can hang on to old outdated scripts. If that fails to improve things then try temporarily disabling any browser add-ons (start browser in safe mode) to see if one of those is causing a conflict.
    Last edited by astral276; 18th June 2017 at 08:42 AM.

I am currently using Mozilla Firefox. I can't find where it says what version it is, but it should be the latest. It updated a few days ago.

I cleared the browser cache. It still crashed. Something interesting I found out though. I tried selecting sub-categories in other categories, and those worked without crashing. Some of them loaded slower than others and more so than I remember, but they loaded. I seem to be having this problem solely when selecting a sub-category in Collectibles.

Here is the window that pops up whenever I try to select a sub-category under collectibles. Sometimes it will fill with black as it is loading. When I try and get it to stop the script, that's when it begins to crash.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can you let us know the browser you are using. Does the same thing happen in other browsers?

Which category are you using? Is this listing from new or reposting an item?

Anyone else having the same problem when trying to select a subcategory on the listing form?

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

I am currently using Mozilla Firefox as my primary browser. I tried it in Internet Explorer and it worked fine there. Selecting other subcategories in Firefox has worked fine as well. I only seem to be having a problem with subcategories in the collectibles category.

It is under the collectibles category, and it is for listing a new item.

I am having the same problem with the collectables category as amcer93 is. I am using win7pro and FF Version 54.0. Other categories work well but the script in the sub category for this category freezes up and I get the same unresponsive script error message. I empty my cache evry night before I shut off my computer so it is not the cache. I can't list anything under collectables
    To me it seems that the script is too large for the subcategories (I hope it is not Java since FF and many other browsers are not supporting that any more) and because of that it freezes up.
    It needs to be divided up better possibly into a sub-subcategories.

Thread Information