Thread: Pictures in our listings

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Pictures in our listings

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    THANK YOU, ANNIE!!!!!! I had been concerned about losing any listings with the revamp and having to start from scratch. I tried to set up a spreadsheet in Excel and since I have a valid reason for not being able to follow extensive written instructions, I was very overwhelmed. Your suggestion was short, simple and it worked!!
    You're welcome

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    I'm really excited about the site revamp! I've got plans to open at least 2 more stores but am waiting for the revamp so I don't have to go back and edit anything that may be conflicted by the site changes.
    There won't be any major cosmetic differences, all listing descriptions will act as they do now.
    G.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Alas! My red and white with gavel hat and tee shirt is pretty much obsolete. As is the purple and green.
    Look on the bright side... You are now 'Retro'.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gazza, are you saying that we will not need to take any extra precautions to protect our listings when you revamp the site?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    There won't be any major cosmetic differences, all listing descriptions will act as they do now.
    G.
    Thank you for that reassurance. I'm mostly concerned with the category changes. I.E. a category is deleted, what happens to a listing that is in that category? With additional categories in place, some items will need to be removed from "Other" and put in the proper one. I also want to take advantage of any "attributes" that may help my listings be seen better. Your hard work is really appreciated when it comes to continually making the site better and hopefully easier to navigate for buyers.

One of the things I most appreciate about eBid is the e-mail notifications of any activity that takes place with my listings, especially this time of year when my other income generating activities are taking up most of my time and I don't always have the time to do more than a quick check of the site.

I am glad to know that all listing descriptions will act as they do now. Thank you Gazza.

Shesaway ... I've recently been revising some of my listings (one at a time) and have noticed that some of my coins are without a category, so there must have been a which to categories already that I wasn't aware of. (The most notable one that I can think of now is U.S.A. Lincoln Head cents.)

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I am glad to know that all listing descriptions will act as they do now. Thank you Gazza.

Shesaway ... I've recently been revising some of my listings (one at a time) and have noticed that some of my coins are without a category, so there must have been a which to categories already that I wasn't aware of. (The most notable one that I can think of now is U.S.A. Lincoln Head cents.)
    I'm just waiting until all updates are made, as my understanding is that there will be 3 tiers for categories along with attributes - both may help us get our listings seen better by people who are looking for specific items and narrow the number of listings that appear under those searches. Then I will check/edit all of my current listings to take advantage of those features, i.e. some of my items might be listed in "Other" and a new category is created so they will need to be changed from "other" to the new category. I think that Handmade goods are supposed to be taken out of crafts and given their own top tier category, so those items will need to be checked for appropriate category changes too - yea! My take of attributes is that we will be able to list identical items that some in different sizes, colors, etc in one listing which will be nice too! Can't wait to see how it all rolls out

Morning All,

I was wondering if there is any update on when the amount of pictures will change. I see that the picture limit is still set at 5. Just wondering, I can always add additional pictures to the listings later.

Thanks
    Jan

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff01 View Post
    I was wondering if there is any update on when the amount of pictures will change.
    If they're included in the next update (which is likely) then that is now scheduled for the 23rd of this month.

Thread Information