eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Listing desirable items

Default Re: Listing desirable items

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Which was it that you searched - Google or Google Shopping? They are 2 different entities run by the same group.

Google is a search engine where everything is submitted (I presume by spider searches, although the results can be compromised by some places such as fee bay and the river paying extra to bump up their results.

Where as Google Shopping only take listings that are paid for, although here too the results are skewed because not all the "partners" are equal.
    I removed all my listings that I had elsewhere on here, and decided to take a run at cell phone accessories here again. Problem is none shows up in shopping, or generic search. A lot of the same items on the other site from other sellers show up, but a lot of them are higher. I found some from 2014 on Google, but nothing current, unless I'm doing something wrong. It doesn't give a person much of an incentive to list a thousand items, if they aren't going to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wlcenterprises View Post
    Problem is none shows up in shopping, or generic search.
    I searched on G. Shopping too and didn't see your item that I tried to find. Are you sure that your listings are being uploaded to Google Shopping? I know little about it, but certain item specifics fields must be properly filled in order for the upload to happen. I think there is an eBid notice banner that tells you that you need to change things to be able to be on Google shopping. Are you seeing that when you create or edit your listing?

It can take a while for Google to index your listings in the normal way, and there's no guarantee that they'll make it to every page on a site.

Quote Originally Posted by stopusingebay View Post
    I searched on G. Shopping too and didn't see your item that I tried to find. Are you sure that your listings are being uploaded to Google Shopping? I know little about it, but certain item specifics fields must be properly filled in order for the upload to happen. I think there is an eBid notice banner that tells you that you need to change things to be able to be on Google shopping. Are you seeing that when you create or edit your listing?

It can take a while for Google to index your listings in the normal way, and there's no guarantee that they'll make it to every page on a site.
    Google is picking up my social media listings, but nothing from here. All bases are covered, upc, brand, etc., they just aren't being uploaded. I also have send to Google Shopping checked in account. I don't have these listings anywhere else either, only on eBid. I use to sell quite a few cell phone accessories on here in the old days. Thanks stopusingebay for the reply.

I wouldn't surprise me a bit if it's Google that's doing this. ~8% to 12.9% fee on eBay versus 0% to 5% fee here is a big difference. That's including PayPal. It could really change things if a mainstream service, like Google shopping will become (everything Google becomes popular), allows eBid listings equal visibility.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

On auctions with only bid price and no buynow price,
    eBid says..

Want millions more viewers for this listing?
    Get more exposure for your item, just add a BuyNow price (no cost to SELLER+ account holders) and we'll upload this listing to Google Shopping for you in a few minutes.

Thread Information