Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Listing desirable items

Forum Lurker
    View Cazamoran's Feedback (+24)
    All-About Cazamoran
    View Cazamoran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Listing desirable items

Im keen to build up my stores here but have had virtually no sales for years now and little interest Im confident that my items are well and truly up to scratch Would someone take a peek at my stores and comment on the most obvious one or two things that I need to improve? Is there anything that jumps out I mean I would be very grateful as I have many many more items to list but dont want to spend more time doing it wrong (if I am) and want to make a better job if thats whats required
    Many thanks

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listing desirable items

Quote Originally Posted by Cazamoran View Post
    Im keen to build up my stores here but have had virtually no sales for years now and little interest Im confident that my items are well and truly up to scratch Would someone take a peek at my stores and comment on the most obvious one or two things that I need to improve? Is there anything that jumps out I mean I would be very grateful as I have many many more items to list but dont want to spend more time doing it wrong (if I am) and want to make a better job if thats whats required
    Many thanks
    Run until sold is not the best plan for getting things noticed.

Being competitive is important, and think how much you would be prepared to pay for something only seen as a picture on a website.

Is this the right price?
    Name:  temp.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  21.0 KB
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Lurker
    All-About Cazamoran
    Forum Posts

Thank you for your reply I was under the impression that things would only get picked up by Google if they were 'Run until sold' What would be the better option? The price of the sweater dress is the price as similar items on other sites sell for much more, and the same conditions stand inasmuch as they are also a photograph on a website Ive also read that under pricing isnt always a solution Also, many of my items are either an average price range or even low priced Im grateful for your advice and would like to succeed here What about presentation? Some sellers use quite fancy templates Do you think that makes a difference?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cazamoran View Post
    Thank you for your reply I was under the impression that things would only get picked up by Google if they were 'Run until sold' What would be the better option? The price of the sweater dress is the price as similar items on other sites sell for much more, and the same conditions stand inasmuch as they are also a photograph on a website Ive also read that under pricing isnt always a solution Also, many of my items are either an average price range or even low priced Im grateful for your advice and would like to succeed here What about presentation? Some sellers use quite fancy templates Do you think that makes a difference?
    The qualification for listing on Google is that the item must be priced at £1.00 or more and must be buy it now. It can be auction as well as BIN but an auction only will not be listed on Google.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Cazamoran
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    Run until sold is not the best plan for getting things noticed.

Being competitive is important, and think how much you would be prepared to pay for something only seen as a picture on a website.

Is this the right price?
    Name:  temp.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  21.0 KB
    Ive just been attempting to change my listings from 'run until sold' Rather than go through each item, can this be done via bulk edit? does anyone know? And advice regarding the length of time for listings would be a bonus too!
    Thank you!

Hello, I have been going over your site and the biggest thing that jumped out at me were the titles for your items, they are too long, you just want to keep it short and sweet, example, Steampunk Cardigan Sweater Dress, have the brand name first (if there is one) the name of the article. When you type your description use the same thing as your title, Steampunk sweater dress in shades of blue. The dress is a size 10. The title is crucial, if there is too much info, folks wont go see because you gave them the info.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pywacket4u2 View Post
    Hello, I have been going over your site and the biggest thing that jumped out at me were the titles for your items, they are too long, you just want to keep it short and sweet, example, Steampunk Cardigan Sweater Dress, have the brand name first (if there is one) the name of the article. When you type your description use the same thing as your title, Steampunk sweater dress in shades of blue. The dress is a size 10. The title is crucial, if there is too much info, folks wont go see because you gave them the info.
    Alternative thought: Fewer keywords/info in the titles = fewer potential buyers looking.

(ps, all my FB is from eBid)

If my assumption is correct, the majority of sales on eBid originate from search engine results, which are likely mostly from Google. I don't know if they come through Google shopping or from regular searches, but either way they're not originating from people going to eBid.net and typing something in.

Look at the user billsstamps and his huge sales volume. I assume what when someone has interest in a rare stamp, the first thing that that person does is types information relating to the stamp in to a search engine. Then results from eBid show up, and they arrive here.

So it really depends on what you're selling. If somebody in the USA wants a "waterproof pet electric blanket", they'll go to eBay, Amazon, walmart.com, or Google and type in "waterproof pet electric blanket". Even though there is currently a pet electric blanket listed on eBid.net, it doesn't show up in the first 5 pages of Googles results. All the major US retailers, with Amazon having a paid advertisement to be first in the results, are what show up. Putting site:ebid.net in the search is necessary find the ebid.net listing.

So I think you're much better off selling things which are not currently in production. The regular retailers can't compete with you since they have to way to source the product. I typed "SG463Wi stamp" in to Google after finding the rather specific keyword SG463Wi on eBid. There are two results from eBid.net in the first page, after eBay.com results which are at the top.

Regarding the original question, I saw the CTRL ALT DEL cushion covers. The problem is that the same thing is on eBay for US $13.90 with free shipping from the UK, from the eBay seller bullahshah. That's less than half of your price! I wonder if those are being made in China?
    Last edited by stopusingebay; 17th June 2017 at 03:24 PM.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I typed in SG 1329 Used Stamp into Google (I had to open Google specially as I never normally use it) just to see what came up. At the top was a listing of mine which I recognised as mine. I did not click on it so eBid was not charged for the click. The interesting thing is that the listing referred to was for Spain SG 1329. It is for sale at 3p auction/4p BIN so I presume that it was not uploaded to Google by eBid. So why, or how, does it get there. Not that I am objecting.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I typed in SG 1329 Used Stamp into Google (I had to open Google specially as I never normally use it) just to see what came up. At the top was a listing of mine which I recognised as mine. I did not click on it so eBid was not charged for the click. The interesting thing is that the listing referred to was for Spain SG 1329. It is for sale at 3p auction/4p BIN so I presume that it was not uploaded to Google by eBid. So why, or how, does it get there. Not that I am objecting.
    Which was it that you searched - Google or Google Shopping? They are 2 different entities run by the same group.

Google is a search engine where everything is submitted (I presume by spider searches, although the results can be compromised by some places such as fee bay and the river paying extra to bump up their results.

Where as Google Shopping only take listings that are paid for, although here too the results are skewed because not all the "partners" are equal.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information