eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prices are too high in electronics!!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About jsnpepe
    View jsnpepe's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Prices are too high in electronics!!!

Good afternoon everyone,

I have been checking prices in smartphones, video game consoles, and other electronics and I have found prices on eBid more expensive than in Amazon, eBay or Aliexpress. I will be more than happy to buy on eBid, but if the price matches eBay, Amazon, Craigslist and Aliexpress.

Anyone already compared prices between eBid and another online platform? Have you find good deals?

Thanks

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Prices are too high in electronics!!!

I'm afraid that is the seller's responsibility. Not much we can do about that

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jsnpepe View Post
    Good afternoon everyone,

I have been checking prices in smartphones, video game consoles, and other electronics and I have found prices on eBid more expensive than in Amazon, eBay or Aliexpress. I will be more than happy to buy on eBid, but if the price matches eBay, Amazon, Craigslist and Aliexpress.

Anyone already compared prices between eBid and another online platform? Have you find good deals?

Thanks
    I have been disappointed with prices every time I look for electronics on Ebid.

In principle, because of lower listing and final valuation fees, it should be possible to undercut eBay, Amazon, Craigslist and Aliexpress.prices and increase volumes.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Newbie
    All-About jsnpepe
    View jsnpepe's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello everyone,

I totally agree with you Billstamps. This is what I am doing in my case, for the smartphones I am selling, I take Amazon as reference to put them cheaper. Because on eBid we have less fees, we can make the same profit selling lower.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have always found that contacting the seller and coming to an agreed price always works (even though they don't display the Make An Offer). You will be surprised how many sellers are only too happy to reduce their prices. Haggling is acceptable (in my books anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I have always found that contacting the seller and coming to an agreed price always works (even though they don't display the Make An Offer). You will be surprised how many sellers are only too happy to reduce their prices. Haggling is acceptable (in my books anyway)
    But how do you contact the seller? The only way I know is the very public "Ask the seller a question", which I'm very reluctant to use when trying to haggle, it's rather unfair on the seller to do that, I feel.

I mean, how would you like it if one of your listings acquired a public "Hi, I think your jewels are overpriced, but I'll offer you 50%, ok?".

I hasten to add that I've not checked your listings, I'm only guessing you sell jewels, and I'm not in the market for them!

But I agree with your general principle. On another site, only today, I quietly sent a message to someone in my town with inflated ideas of what a pre-owned wheelbarrow with a puncture is worth and wrote "Hi, if you don't get any bids I'll offer a fiver!".
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've always disliked eBid's system that posts questions to the listing. Not all questions should or need to be included in the listing. Sellers need the option of choosing which ones need to be included and which ones do not.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    But how do you contact the seller? The only way I know is the very public "Ask the seller a question", which I'm very reluctant to use when trying to haggle, it's rather unfair on the seller to do that, I feel.

I mean, how would you like it if one of your listings acquired a public "Hi, I think your jewels are overpriced, but I'll offer you 50%, ok?".

I hasten to add that I've not checked your listings, I'm only guessing you sell jewels, and I'm not in the market for them!

But I agree with your general principle. On another site, only today, I quietly sent a message to someone in my town with inflated ideas of what a pre-owned wheelbarrow with a puncture is worth and wrote "Hi, if you don't get any bids I'll offer a fiver!".
    Going all public didn't seem to bother the seller at all. Once we came to an agreement, I would purchase the item and the listing would close, so no one else could see what went on. I do sell jewelry items but lots of other stuff as well

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I've always disliked eBid's system that posts questions to the listing. Not all questions should or need to be included in the listing. Sellers need the option of choosing which ones need to be included and which ones do not.

I have always wondered that myself. Perhaps eBid are trying to avoid off-site sales? (just a guess)

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I have always wondered that myself. Perhaps eBid are trying to avoid off-site sales? (just a guess)

I think you're probably right. I seem to remember something to that effect somewhere.

Thread Information