Thread: What have you done to eBid

Forum Newbie
    Little Egg Harbor Twp, New Jersey, United States
    View SHOPPIN4KICKS's Feedback (+697)
    All-About SHOPPIN4KICKS
    View SHOPPIN4KICKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What have you done to eBid

I've been gone for a while. CAme back to try again on eBid. WHat have you done to this site? So hard to understand & work with & so sparse looking. Everything seems so hidden. Are you really interested in assisting buyers & sellers or that $49 lifetime seller fee? YOu need to go back to the much friendlier easy to navigate site ... I left in 2014 & other than Quicker photo upload, the rest is terrible. Sorry, I know you guys are nice & responsive, but this setup Is awful and totally uninteresting. ARe you actually selling anything in the USA? ANd NO, I'm not related to Mr TRUMP?!i and

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31262)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What have you done to eBid

You may have a point there.

Could you focus your experience as evidence, such as a picture of what is hard to understand, or what is hidden, so it it gives the guys something to work on.

Keep the opinion to a minimum as "awful and totally uninteresting" may make folk defensive and doesn't give a handle for what to change.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Newbie
    All-About Dog11861
    View Dog11861's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi my name is John I used to be on eBid and had a store but things did not sell so I left I thought I would give it another try but one thing I have noticed is that you can never find out what other things have sell for is there some way of finding that out

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can look at completed items for any search but it is a bit like a needle in a haystack as many things go through unsold. The advantage of eBid is just that - you can afford to keep relisting obscure items until the buyer appears.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOPPIN4KICKS View Post
    I've been gone for a while. CAme back to try again on eBid. WHat have you done to this site? So hard to understand & work with & so sparse looking. Everything seems so hidden. Are you really interested in assisting buyers & sellers or that $49 lifetime seller fee? YOu need to go back to the much friendlier easy to navigate site ... I left in 2014 & other than Quicker photo upload, the rest is terrible. Sorry, I know you guys are nice & responsive, but this setup Is awful and totally uninteresting. ARe you actually selling anything in the USA? ANd NO, I'm not related to Mr TRUMP?!i and

Unfortunately eBid had to comply with Google demands that sites should now be compatible with mobile devices. It was a shock to us all when it changed and a pity so much of the old eBid character was lost right down to the bland orange blob logo !

You still can't beat eBid for it's value for money and I would really like it to succeed so I shall stick with it and hope that some day they will get some artistic inspiration to put something eye catching back into the place.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    You can look at completed items for any search but it is a bit like a needle in a haystack as many things go through unsold. The advantage of eBid is just that - you can afford to keep relisting obscure items until the buyer appears.
    Isn't there a 'sold listings' in the search?

Goes off to look

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have to agree with Becky, I'm not at all convinced that regular re-branding achieves anything. There was massive rebellion when the site was launched, but once the glitches and gremlins were sorted, things settled down.

Having a website such as this constantly evolves so input is (I guess appreciated) by the management.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

hope that some day they will get some artistic inspiration to put something eye catching back into the place.
    I vote for unicorns and rainbows and Billy would vote for camouflage and poppies...lol

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I vote for unicorns and rainbows and Billy would vote for camouflage and poppies...lol

Lol, just a sprinkle of the old green and purple would do. I can't even bring myself to bid my buddy points on a new eBid T-shirt they are so bloomin' boring I wouldn't want to wear it !

Thread Information