eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When to give feedback

Default When to give feedback

Hi all,

I've had a "question" asked on one of my items which wasn't a question at all, it was more a statement, and what I would consider either rude or slightly aggressive.

"YOU SAY YOU WILL LEAVE FEEDBACK, ONCE YOU KNOW I HAVE THE ITEM.....MY FEEDBACK, AS A BUYER, IS FOR PAYING! AS THAT IS ALL I CAN DO. I REQUIRE FEEDBACK UPON PAYMENT. YOU WILL THEN GET YOUR FEEDBACK, BASED ON YOUR PERFORMANCE."

I've never had dealing with this seller/buyer before. The item they left this message on was a Trading Card for sale which is what they mostly sell (although they sell sports ones) in the USA.
    I did reply saying that typing in capitals is considered shouting and that they wouldn't expect a cashier to give them feedback if they went into a shop.

Anyway, apart from the above, what do you consider to be the way to give feedback?

For me I give feedback when I receive it as that means I know the item has arrived with the buyer.
    I do not agree with automatically giving feedback to a buyer as you wouldn't expect a shop to do that.
    And I have noticed that when looking at feedback of new buyers (to me) they sometimes have "Instant payment" etc.. yet it can sometimes take a week for them to pay myself.

Anyway, i'd like to hear your opinions on this. Be blunt if you must, but don't be rude.

Jason

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: When to give feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Hi all,

I've had a "question" asked on one of my items which wasn't a question at all, it was more a statement, and what I would consider either rude or slightly aggressive.

"YOU SAY YOU WILL LEAVE FEEDBACK, ONCE YOU KNOW I HAVE THE ITEM.....MY FEEDBACK, AS A BUYER, IS FOR PAYING! AS THAT IS ALL I CAN DO. I REQUIRE FEEDBACK UPON PAYMENT. YOU WILL THEN GET YOUR FEEDBACK, BASED ON YOUR PERFORMANCE."

I've never had dealing with this seller/buyer before. The item they left this message on was a Trading Card for sale which is what they mostly sell (although they sell sports ones) in the USA.
    I did reply saying that typing in capitals is considered shouting and that they wouldn't expect a cashier to give them feedback if they went into a shop.

Anyway, apart from the above, what do you consider to be the way to give feedback?

For me I give feedback when I receive it as that means I know the item has arrived with the buyer.
    I do not agree with automatically giving feedback to a buyer as you wouldn't expect a shop to do that.
    And I have noticed that when looking at feedback of new buyers (to me) they sometimes have "Instant payment" etc.. yet it can sometimes take a week for them to pay myself.

Anyway, i'd like to hear your opinions on this. Be blunt if you must, but don't be rude.

Jason
    I give feedback to buyers as soon as I have received their payment. Why wait until you know they have received the item? when they have paid they have done their part in the transaction.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

....Anyway, apart from the above, what do you consider to be the way to give feedback?......

Here at eBid there is no reason not to give feedback as soon as the customer pays the bill.

It can always be changed later if a problem arises.

I like people to say what they mean.

There is far to much beating about the bush these days.

One persons straight talking is another persons RUDENESS.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I give feedback to buyers as soon as I have received their payment. Why wait until you know they have received the item? when they have paid they have done their part in the transaction.
    you don't really believe that do you, there part of the transaction is far from over,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Hi all,

Jason
    its getting ridiculous hard to gain FB with my buyers or sellers hat on.as a seller i prefer to give FB when i know the item has arrived, via tracking or the buyer themselves.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always leave feedback on rec of payment. Its my way of saying thank you for the purchase & Payment. If a seller can,t do that I don,t leave feedback until they have.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

Quote Originally Posted by sheffieldtony View Post
    I always leave feedback on rec of payment. Its my way of saying thank you for the purchase & Payment. If a seller can,t do that I don,t leave feedback until they have.
    If you popped down to your local shop to buy a pint of milk, would you expect feedback from the assistant once you've handed over your money? or is a simple Thank You from the assistant enough?
    I sent each buyer a Thank You with an Invoice.

As an occasional buyer, I give feedback once I have the purchase in my hands, I don't expect to be given feedback for having bought something, or to even receive automatic feedback a couple of minutes after i've paid.

As a seller, I don't automatically expect to receive feedback either. It would be nice to get it for each sale, but it doesn't happen (I have a few return buyers who haven't left feedback at all).

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

as a seller i send every thing tracked so but not always i know the buyer has received the item, this does not mean i will leave FB for the buyer, the buyer now has the item and a amount of time to contact me if he/she is displeased with the item, its arrived damaged, the postal service was late, ect ect, so to say a buyers part of the transaction is completed on payment is wrong, as the seller my part of the transaction is not over by simply saying the item has arrived through tracking, if the buyer has concerns as above, then i as a seller is under a obligation depending on the circumstances to rectify any problems , payment and posting do not constitute the whole transaction they are only part of a contractual agreement .

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    as a seller i send every thing tracked so but not always i know the buyer has received the item, this does not mean i will leave FB for the buyer, the buyer now has the item and a amount of time to contact me if he/she is displeased with the item, its arrived damaged, the postal service was late, ect ect, so to say a buyers part of the transaction is completed on payment is wrong, as the seller my part of the transaction is not over by simply saying the item has arrived through tracking, if the buyer has concerns as above, then i as a seller is under a obligation depending on the circumstances to rectify any problems , payment and posting do not constitute the whole transaction they are only part of a contractual agreement .
    But on eBid (as opposed to the other site) you can change your feedback so why not give feedback straight away? Mind you, anyone that uses Caps Lock sounds a bit aggresive imo and you may find yourself changing your feedback once he starts complaining lol.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=olivia8143;1690532]But on eBid (as opposed to the other site) you can change your feedback so why not give feedback straight away? Mind you, anyone that uses Caps Lock sounds a bit aggresive imo and you may find yourself changing your feedback once he starts complaining lol.[/QUOT

, i want the contract to be fulfilled by the buyer before i leave FB, leaving fb before a contract is fulfilled is misleading to any one who reads that fb the buyer may well be a scammer no one knows anything till the contract is fulfilled

Thread Information