Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Is Ebid going to miss out on new members again?

Default Is Ebid going to miss out on new members again?

Unfortunately, like many others I still, reluctantly, have to sell on The Other Site and I use the forums there. On their Business Seller Board is a thread "VAT on **** fees as of 1st Aug 2017" where several posters have already signed up to another newish USA site because this move will make TOS even more expensive to sell on.

Ebid has already been named as an alternative (amonst others) and as always immediately been trashed as a waste of time. As I've already had a recent warning from their moderators for mentioning ebid and "encouraging others to sell offsite" I am wary of pointing out ebids lower fees, need of more sellers and risking a ban.

I find it incredible that UK sellers there constantly moan about US multi-nationals and yet seem to be quite happy to sign-up to another, untried one, in preference to an established home-grown site because of a few voices that dismiss ebid as a matter of course.

Are there ANY other sellers here who also sell there and will put a few postings into the discussion in ebids favour? Or will Ebid miss out again as another batch of would-be refugees find homes elsewhere?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is Ebid going to miss out on new members again?

You might want to read this, it could explain why selling here is difficult..
    https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...buyer-friendly
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poscar View Post
    You might want to read this, it could explain why selling here is difficult..
    https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...buyer-friendly

selling is difficult every were, not just ebid
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Unfortunately, like many others I still, reluctantly, have to sell on The Other Site and I use the forums there. On their Business Seller Board is a thread "VAT on **** fees as of 1st Aug 2017" where several posters have already signed up to another newish USA site because this move will make TOS even more expensive to sell on.

Ebid has already been named as an alternative (amonst others) and as always immediately been trashed as a waste of time. As I've already had a recent warning from their moderators for mentioning ebid and "encouraging others to sell offsite" I am wary of pointing out ebids lower fees, need of more sellers and risking a ban.

I find it incredible that UK sellers there constantly moan about US multi-nationals and yet seem to be quite happy to sign-up to another, untried one, in preference to an established home-grown site because of a few voices that dismiss ebid as a matter of course.

Are there ANY other sellers here who also sell there and will put a few postings into the discussion in ebids favour? Or will Ebid miss out again as another batch of would-be refugees find homes elsewhere?
    I would love to be able to put in a good word for ebid but it is not working for me so can't think of a positive honest remark.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I am not on Ebay forums because I can't afford to list there.
    On the other hand I am just coming up to 10,000 ebid feedbacks.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I abandoned dark side forums long ago - they made them unusable - but if someone pms me a link I'll post - eBid does work for me, in spite of the stupid category changes. My business model, such as it is would not work on the dark side but here I'm steadily turning my stamp accumulations into money and amusing myself by buying knitting patterns in charity shops and turning a small profit on them.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information