eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Editing within Description

Forum Lurker
    View borucha's Feedback (+3007)
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Editing within Description

I have tried without success on several occasions to change the wording within the description of the listing using the bulk edit facility I always get the response no change possible.

if all I want is to change the postage cost within the description which is a unique amount and only appears once in the description what am I doing wrong when I use the replace option within bulk edit. is it possible ?

Default Re: Editing within Description

Quote Originally Posted by borucha View Post
    I have tried without success on several occasions to change the wording within the description of the listing using the bulk edit facility I always get the response no change possible.

if all I want is to change the postage cost within the description which is a unique amount and only appears once in the description what am I doing wrong when I use the replace option within bulk edit. is it possible ?
    Hi, my understanding of this when i've used bulk edit to change something on the "Description" part is that you either change the complete description (not good if items are different), or you add to the description (which ends up at the bottom of the description).
    In other words, you cannot alter a part of the description with bulk edit.

The other option is to do each listing individually

Hope this helps.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Editing within Description

The search and replace in Bulk Edit works at an HTML level. That means your search term must exactly match what is in the HTML source - which may not be what is presented on the screen.

If you give an example listing number and the exact price that you are trying to alter I'll take a look at what you need to input. Alternatively, if you know how to view the source and are happy working with HTML you can likely sort it yourself.

Thread Information