eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What have you done to the craft categories?

View madelaine's Feedback (+4277)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What have you done to the craft categories?

Yes, you guessed, I'm listing!

Completed items in amongst the craft materials cats? How many times do we have to point out that craft materials and finished items are totally different products? They are almost never sold in the same place ("almost" because some knitting yarn shops also sell completed items). The categories are rubbish and whoever designed them knows not what he or she does!

Knitting machine yarn is not really a separate category to hand knitting yarn (haven't checked to see whether crochet yarn is separate too). If you wish to split the yarn category then I'd suggest yarn on cone and yarn in balls/hanks. Otherwise, I can and do handknit with yarn on cone and, if you have the right machine, you can knit with almost any hand knitting yarn. And Crochet can be done with any yarn you fancy.
    Madelaine

Five shops raising funds for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice - all sorts of stuff
    Vintage & Modern Postcards
    BK Stamps for my Philatelic listings
    and Yarnalong for craft patterns and some materials
    not to mention
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View love_to_stitch's Feedback (+298)
    All-About love_to_stitch
    View love_to_stitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post

Completed items in amongst the craft materials cats? How many times do we have to point out that craft materials and finished items are totally different products? They are almost never sold in the same place ("almost" because some knitting yarn shops also sell completed items). The categories are rubbish and whoever designed them knows not what he or she does!

Knitting machine yarn is not really a separate category to hand knitting yarn (haven't checked to see whether crochet yarn is separate too). If you wish to split the yarn category then I'd suggest yarn on cone and yarn in balls/hanks. Otherwise, I can and do handknit with yarn on cone and, if you have the right machine, you can knit with almost any hand knitting yarn. And Crochet can be done with any yarn you fancy.
    Of course they are and lumping them in with patterns leaves sellers open to the kind of email I received from Amazon today:

"I have received a sheet with a picture of the item. Not the item!"

This is a Peter Pan pattern for a pram outfit and clearly marked as such. But, as we all know, they see what they want to see. Let's not make it even easier for such confusion.

Yes, you are right, Madelaine, some knitting yarn shops also sell completed items. However, I doubt whether wanting to purchase a finished item would lead us primarily to a yarn shop.

While I agree that the sorting into new categories was probably beyond eBid resources, telling us about the new cats would have been sporting.

However, I still feel that the whole thing is overblown.
    Every time I have listings expire, I'm having to go through each individual listing and about 50% of the time I am asked to choose a new subcategory, since the original cat it was placed in is no longer there. If the previously chosen sub-cat has been eliminated (although it shows up at the top before I repost) where is the listing being shown? Could that be why so many are ending up in "Other" or are they even being shown at all?? It would seem to me, that if a category is eliminated that a listing placed there would automatically end even if it's time is not up?? At least I would be informed that there has been a category change and I could repost in what ever appropriate category is left rather than having to check every listing to see if it's been changed. Most frustrating to spend all the time required to check every listing when time would be better spent listing new items.

I will be very happy when this is all sorted out and finalized....... but I've been told that all work is being put towards attributes and category changes will come after that but it seems they are doing both at the same time. I DO understand that the staff does not have time to put our listings in another category for us but maybe a list of deleted categories could be posted, even if it was just once a week, so we could know we need to make corrections??

I feel for you Madelaine . Could the powers that be please listen and resolve this as it is so frustrating and not helpful for buyers or sellers alike.
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

View madelaine's Feedback (+4277)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

No.. this is a cleverly designed schema - they said so earlier. The only thing this is cleverly planned to do is drive me crazy!

eBid want to drive me to drink? Or just away? I really don't want to quit altogether but each time I look at the category mess, I get nearer to it
    Last edited by madelaine; 6th September 2017 at 09:24 PM.
    Madelaine

Five shops raising funds for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice - all sorts of stuff
    Vintage & Modern Postcards
    BK Stamps for my Philatelic listings
    and Yarnalong for craft patterns and some materials
    not to mention
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information