Thread: Pics - Thoughts - Improvements - Suggestions

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31031)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Pics - Thoughts - Improvements - Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by crackheadprices View Post
    Thank you for the friendly advise. My apologies if I came off like an a-hole but people learn how to accept criticism. I guess I could've put it in better words but I'm pretty straight forward and didn't intend for it to be harsh. This post was more to reach the employees / staff. Just saying, this site could be so much better. As long as it's been in business i'm surprised it's not.

Btw, for you people who enjoy selling and shopping on here, I advice you to leave reviews for this site. It drastically needs some help on the review section.

What I do like so far it's pretty simple to use, a lot of space and i'm sure i'll save money eliminating some fees but I feel images should be available to everyone in the browsing section. At least give an option for 5c like there's an option to add more pics for five cents. I don't mind posting pics on other sites then linking them but the main images is what's irking me at the moment. Hopefully I reach a good amount of sales to upgrade soon. Once I've made what the membership cost, I know it's time.

when you purchase extras and fees, are they billed monthly and taken from your bank account or Paypal account?
    Well true, you need to find a formula that works.
    9600 ebid feedback, 500 sales a month works for me on premier account.
    I could not afford the cost of doing this on Ebay.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry English professor, why are you here? Oh yeah because you're no better than me. Idiot lol. I was just sharing some thoughts and opinions. Now deal with it. I clearly said how this site looks like a scam website. Which it does and not taking back what I said. So, if I felt like that, being the first time here, what will others think if I send them to my auctions on here? They'll think I'm a scam artist. It took a while and a whole lot of reading to feel comfortable. Now that i'm the inside it felt right sharing my thoughts.
    Good Morning Crackers!

You have had quite a few responses to your grand entrance. Save yourself some time/energy if you wish to reply to everyone by using the multi-quote button rather than replying to each/any separately. If you don't know how to do that, or which editor you need to be using, then you will just have to ask (nicely) won't you?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always enjoy these people who know it all without taking any time to see what is happening here.

Relax, friends, Crackheadprices won't be here long.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I always enjoy these people who know it all without taking any time to see what is happening here.

Relax, friends, Crackheadprices won't be here long.

That's the problem Madelaine, more's the pity, people come in expecting instant results and then just disappear again without putting in any effort. If everybody had a bit of sticking power and was prepared to do a little work to make the site work for them then eBid would have a huge selection of goods on offer to attract more buyers.

I agree, it's a chicken and egg thing, many must look here and not finding what they're looking for don't come back, so someone starts selling it and no-one buys so they give up.

How many times have I looked for an item I need and the search returns 0 results, like a few weeks ago when I needed a new U.V bulb. I sell mainly Art Deco, it's a niche area and my taste is not the same as other peoples but I realised last weekend that all by myself (with 80 odd listings) I make up two thirds of that category.

Buyers want variety and as I'm only selling off what I don't want from my collecting I don't have it, so what is there to draw a buyer back to that category?

Things sell differently on different sites and have said on the other places forum that sellers moaning about their stuff not selling should try it here but it falls on deaf ears. I'm sure sales for everyone would improve if there was a greater choice of goods on offer.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The main thing we can do about the range of goods available is to keep listing. The other thing is to remember to search here just in case when we want to buy.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a USA citizen, I would like to apologize and mention that most of us do not use "crack" and are offended by that and would not buy from anyone with that in their shop title.

Being offensive in the forums does not win many friends so we might need to reread our comments before pushing post.

I have received many helpful tips from others in these forums and am grateful for that.

Many sales in the future for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    As a USA citizen, I would like to apologize and mention that most of us do not use "crack" and are offended by that and would not buy from anyone with that in their shop title.

Being offensive in the forums does not win many friends so we might need to reread our comments before pushing post.
    The choice of moniker is just as repellent for many in the UK, I think. There's no way I'd consider buying from such a seller, even if they knew how to post in a friendly fashion.

Why wouldn't I? Well, it might be an amusing choice (for some) but it shouts that the seller is utterly clueless about how such a moniker may be perceived.

Top it off, the irony of having no business nous, yet waltzing in and dumping their 'wisdom' about how "it kinda sucks so far" and "It looks like some scam website". Yes, everyone should listen very carefully to Crackhead.

Crackhead: just cool off for a few days, come back (preferably after changing your moniker) and see if you can make a fresh start.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    The choice of moniker is just as repellent for many in the UK, I think. There's no way I'd consider buying from such a seller, even if they knew how to post in a friendly fashion.

Why wouldn't I? Well, it might be an amusing choice (for some) but it shouts that the seller is utterly clueless about how such a moniker may be perceived.

Top it off, the irony of having no business nous, yet waltzing in and dumping their 'wisdom' about how "it kinda sucks so far" and "It looks like some scam website". Yes, everyone should listen very carefully to Crackhead.

Crackhead: just cool off for a few days, come back (preferably after changing your moniker) and see if you can make a fresh start.
    Thanks, John, I wasn't sure the meaning was the same everywhere but to me it screams that he is on something and that is why he is so rude and clueless.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sup yall. This is my first time here and I have to say, I really don't like it but i really don't like eBay either. Trying something new. I dislike the fact that there's no image that shows while browsing, only when they click on the link. Sup with that. Another thing is, at least be able to use five free images lol. From the reviews, which are pretty old seems no one can make a sale on this site. Some members complain about paying and still not making ends meet. Most reviews are pretty old because I think people are giving up on this site.

I have my own website I was thinking about linking eBid and possibly joining the affiliate program but that's out the window as well. You only get ebid points? I'll pass. This is the reason I opened up a free account for now until the ball gets rolling but no disrespect, it kinda sucks so far. Another things is the site itself. It looks like some scam website. Like a black market. You probably need new developers. I feel if I link my site tho eBid, people are going to think i'm scamming them. I found out about this site googling for similar sites to eBay and found this one. How long have yous been in business?? Which tells you not a lot of people know about this site and might feel iffy about purchasing something.
    Sup. Welcome to the hood!
    I've been in this neck of the woods for a moment. If you decide to stick around for awhile, yull find the place to be on the up and up.

The place is full of great sellers and great buyers. It needs more boots on the ground buyers. I paid for the life time membership soon after starting. Did the math and it was the only thing that made sense to me. Have gotten my investment back multiple times over. Not making a living here though.

Suggestions: Start with platinum listing @ 5 cents each; at least you will have access to needed features. This will give you an opportunity to test the site without breaking the bank.

Fill in your "About Me Page".

Forget special features; have not found it cost effective. Start some listings as 7-10 day listings; and most as RUS. Because you will pay each time they relist.

If you are serious about selling here, would recommend a name change. Get around in the forums; ask for help if needed; don't be too quick to judge the place. Reach out to support, they are the best. Real response from real people.

Hope your sales levels work out for you.

Thread Information