Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics - Thoughts - Improvements - Suggestions

Default Pics - Thoughts - Improvements - Suggestions

Sup yall. This is my first time here and I have to say, I really don't like it but i really don't like eBay either. Trying something new. I dislike the fact that there's no image that shows while browsing, only when they click on the link. Sup with that. Another thing is, at least be able to use five free images lol. From the reviews, which are pretty old seems no one can make a sale on this site. Some members complain about paying and still not making ends meet. Most reviews are pretty old because I think people are giving up on this site.

I have my own website I was thinking about linking eBid and possibly joining the affiliate program but that's out the window as well. You only get ebid points? I'll pass. This is the reason I opened up a free account for now until the ball gets rolling but no disrespect, it kinda sucks so far. Another things is the site itself. It looks like some scam website. Like a black market. You probably need new developers. I feel if I link my site tho eBid, people are going to think i'm scamming them. I found out about this site googling for similar sites to eBay and found this one. How long have yous been in business?? Which tells you not a lot of people know about this site and might feel iffy about purchasing something.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Pics - Thoughts - Improvements - Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by crackheadprices View Post
    Sup yall. This is my first time here and I have to say, I really don't like it but i really don't like eBay either. Trying something new. I dislike the fact that there's no image that shows while browsing, only when they click on the link. Sup with that. Another thing is, at least be able to use five free images lol. From the reviews, which are pretty old seems no one can make a sale on this site. Some members complain about paying and still not making ends meet. Most reviews are pretty old because I think people are giving up on this site.

I have my own website I was thinking about linking eBid and possibly joining the affiliate program but that's out the window as well. You only get ebid points? I'll pass. This is the reason I opened up a free account for now until the ball gets rolling but no disrespect, it kinda sucks so far. Another things is the site itself. It looks like some scam website. Like a black market. You probably need new developers. I feel if I link my site tho eBid, people are going to think i'm scamming them. I found out about this site googling for similar sites to eBay and found this one. How long have yous been in business?? Which tells you not a lot of people know about this site and might feel iffy about purchasing something.
    Hi crackhead, you haven't been here more than a few hours & you're already living up to your name on the Forum!!! Oh lol! Come back when you've learned the truth and can speak an understandable language. Sup? What has drinking got to do with anything.... oh ROFL!

Forum Newbie
    View FoundSound's Feedback (+389)
    All-About FoundSound
    View FoundSound's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Crackhead, it's up to you. If you don't like it, don't join. It's as simple as that! But thanks - thanks for sharing your perspective, because the rest of us really rely on what you think about the site. You obviously have the mental power to get right to the core of the problem - how could the rest of us have been so blind? Give us some more of your wisdom Crackhead. Thank God you're here to fix everything.

Hey sarcasm, nice to meet you too. I take it you have seniority on here lol. Well, I did join and so far it sucks. Sorry if I got your panties in a bunch with my thoughts and opinions. Seems you have all the answers and should start a blog or maybe your own forum, Mr. Brownnose.

Sorry English professor, why are you here? Oh yeah because you're no better than me. Idiot lol. I was just sharing some thoughts and opinions. Now deal with it. I clearly said how this site looks like a scam website. Which it does and not taking back what I said. So, if I felt like that, being the first time here, what will others think if I send them to my auctions on here? They'll think I'm a scam artist. It took a while and a whole lot of reading to feel comfortable. Now that i'm the inside it felt right sharing my thoughts.

All my customers don't seem to think it is a scam website, all my feedback is from eBid and not imported. If you want gallery pictures then you need to upgrade to platinum listings you won't get many sales without them so they are a good investment. Any money that you use on listings will later be refunded if you decide to take up the life time offer.

Coming on the forums and being so negative when you have only just started and don't know the site is hardly a good way to start your selling career here in my opinion ! If you need help then you only have to ask - politely.

Ebid does not charge fees on postage yet eBay does and I think that is a scam .
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

True, I definitely agree. That's another thing I wanted to mention, this response reminded me. Having Stripe would be an awesome feature as well. I use Stripe as a payment option for Facebook and my website. There's a lot of bad reviews on them as well but I haven't had a problem yet. Thank God.

Thank you for the friendly advise. My apologies if I came off like an a-hole but people learn how to accept criticism. I guess I could've put it in better words but I'm pretty straight forward and didn't intend for it to be harsh. This post was more to reach the employees / staff. Just saying, this site could be so much better. As long as it's been in business i'm surprised it's not.

Btw, for you people who enjoy selling and shopping on here, I advice you to leave reviews for this site. It drastically needs some help on the review section.

What I do like so far it's pretty simple to use, a lot of space and i'm sure i'll save money eliminating some fees but I feel images should be available to everyone in the browsing section. At least give an option for 5c like there's an option to add more pics for five cents. I don't mind posting pics on other sites then linking them but the main images is what's irking me at the moment. Hopefully I reach a good amount of sales to upgrade soon. Once I've made what the membership cost, I know it's time.

when you purchase extras and fees, are they billed monthly and taken from your bank account or Paypal account?

[QUOTE=crackheadprices;1685771

What I do like so far it's pretty simple to use, a lot of space and i'm sure i'll save money eliminating some fees but I feel images should be available to everyone in the browsing section. At least give an option for 5c like there's an option to add more pics for five cents. I don't mind posting pics on other sites then linking them but the main images is what's irking me at the moment. Hopefully I reach a good amount of sales to upgrade soon. Once I've made what the membership cost, I know it's time.

Hi and welcome,
    you do have that option. Cornishmaid refered you to Platinum Listings, I don't know what that costs in the U.S, in the UK it costs 5p. For that you get five photos (inc. one on the browse page) + integrated checkout.

Sales are not great here for me either and I've never taken out Lifetime Membership (it suits me not to) but even after paying all the 5p fees I'm still way ahead in profits. That's because I list once in auction format (5p Platinum Listing) to get a listing on page one of the search and then again RUS (5p again). All my sales have come from the latter, sometimes after months or even years of being there. You can't get that sort of long-term exposure on the other site unless you are a business seller and pay £20+ per month shop fees, or constantly re-list.

When I search Google shopping I find more of my items uploaded from here than I do from the other site.

Yes, this site does have some drawbacks but the only way you will ever get one that perfectly suits you is to design it yourself.

This site is tiny compared to the other one and doesn't have the millions of daily users or billions of items to attract them but it works reliably whereas the other is in a more or less contiuous state of disfunction in one area or another. Your sales will most likely be slow, especially to start with but you will just have to learn to be patient.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information