eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feedback does help with sales.

Default Feedback does help with sales.

Hi all,

Just thought i'd let you know that I had a sale today that only happened because of the comments in my feedback.
    New customer who was unsure about using this site until they read the Feedback.
    This has secured me a rather nice sale.
    So to all those who say that feedback doesn't matter, it does, especially in this case.

Jason

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback does help with sales.

Good for you!

Forum Lurker
    View titanicmom4's Feedback (+51)
    All-About titanicmom4
    View titanicmom4's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree feedback does help, unfortunately not a whole lot of people bother to leave it.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always check feedback from sellers I don't know so I can see that it would work

So do I and as most if not all of my FB is from buyers with zero FB themselves I wonder why less half my buyers bother to leave any here. On Feepay nine out of ten of my buyers leave FB, its sellers who tend not to bother.

I'm also inclined to think that some of my buyers with zero FB are brought here by the notes I put in my parcels when I sell there. Attracted by the consistently good buying or selling experience demonstrated by getting nearly 400 FB there.

So why doesn't ebid allow ALL sellers to bring their FB here? It might just get my (and other sellers) sales here moving. I've said I would be willing to pay for this and I'm sure others would be as well which would generate more income for ebid.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just wish the people who buy would leave feedback more often, as it is helpful for that very reason - people do look through it!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do not agree with importing feedback, from what I have seen it is worthless. The systems on some other sites are so corrupted that feedback is skewed (how can it not be if people are not able to give an accurate assessment of what has happened. Also, the only thing that is imported it the designation of positive, neutral or bad - without the comments they are meaningless; as I have seen positive ratings that actually contain negative information..

Also there may be a very good reason as to why the person quit the previous site hidden away in the comments, leaving people totally clueless.

Having said that feedback if handled properly is a very useful tool in the buyers kit.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    So do I and as most if not all of my FB is from buyers with zero FB themselves I wonder why less half my buyers bother to leave any here. On Feepay nine out of ten of my buyers leave FB, its sellers who tend not to bother.

Do you still find the buyers there do? I've seen quite a change over the years, these days only about half my buyers over there do so. It's so marked that I now wait and only leave feedback for a buyer when they leave it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I do not agree with importing feedback, from what I have seen it is worthless. The systems on some other sites are so corrupted that feedback is skewed (how can it not be if people are not able to give an accurate assessment of what has happened. Also, the only thing that is imported it the designation of positive, neutral or bad - without the comments they are meaningless; as I have seen positive ratings that actually contain negative information..

Also there may be a very good reason as to why the person quit the previous site hidden away in the comments, leaving people totally clueless.

Having said that feedback if handled properly is a very useful tool in the buyers kit.
    I think the same. Especially with feedback imported from ebay. After all, there a rogue buyer has nothing but positive feedback, feedback which is really worth reading. For example when a buyer claims goods that I tested before despatch don't work, I give a refund because the system there is 99% skewed in the buyer's favour, but I give them positive feedback such as "Quick payment, but buyer reported video card faulty, refund given". In other words I don't say they're a scammer, and indeed I sincerely believe they may not be, the item may be genuinely faulty, but at least this way if 5 other sellers give somewhat similar feedback then subsequent sellers can draw their own conclusions.
    Last edited by johnwash1; 21st January 2017 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Yes, I can still say that. As a seller I've always waited for the buyer to leave FB first so I leave items on my sold page untill they do, sometimes for a couple of months untill I tidy up. There has been a slight drop, I don't sell hundreds of items so % are a bit mis-leading but whereas before I might have said 99% left FB now it might be 91%, but still most do. At the moment I'm waiting on one sale FB from just after Christmas.

My more or less standard FB for buyers on TOS is "Thankyou for prompt payment and a problem free transaction" it leaves a few characters to personalise if I want to. As with you by leaving out the "prompt payment" or apologising for a problem draws attention to it, luckily there are almost none where I have had to do this. I'm seeing more of this type of FB in an effort to get around the No Negs for Buyers policy. So it seems that some sellers are taking this on board.

I can understand why some sellers don't agree with importing FB. I think I wrote in my "About Me" page that all my FB was earned on ebid, before I realised how few I would be left, 19 out of over 40 sales and a few purchases. But from what I've read here bad buyers and sellers are not left indefinitely to pursue their criminal activities by an automated system. Here there is much more robust policing by the management and much quicker expulsion of those who try to steal from other members. As the vast majority of transactions are completed without any problems on either side I think that the small risk is worth taking. Selling or buying anything anywhere carries a risk and likely a greater one on-line.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that the importing of feedback is OK when a seller has just started selling on eBid. It indicates that this seller is not completely new to selling and has some kind of record of successful selling. However, I think that imported feedback should be deleted automatically after one year so that the emphasis is on feedback earned here. One year should be sufficient time for sellers to establish themselves here.

Thread Information