Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non payment.

Forum Lurker
    View baandbr2010's Feedback (+261)
    All-About baandbr2010
    View baandbr2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Non payment.

Hello. A buyer bid on and won 2 knitting patterns from me a few weeks ago, I sent her an invoice with no response. Just this past week she has bid has bid and won some more of my patterns. Just about to send her another invoice when I notice her name has a black line running through it. Does this mean she is no longer a member, and if so will Ebid be charging me fees for a non-sale? Never had this happen before and I am doing my best on Ebid to achieve sales. Regards, Babs.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Non payment.

Quote Originally Posted by baandbr2010 View Post
    Hello. A buyer bid on and won 2 knitting patterns from me a few weeks ago, I sent her an invoice with no response. Just this past week she has bid has bid and won some more of my patterns. Just about to send her another invoice when I notice her name has a black line running through it. Does this mean she is no longer a member, and if so will Ebid be charging me fees for a non-sale? Never had this happen before and I am doing my best on Ebid to achieve sales. Regards, Babs.
    if bid have put a line through there name there is defo some thing wrong with her/her account, you can claim the fees back but i would contact ebid and explain as you have done here.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Hello Babs,

I had this done to me, they have closed the account. No longer a member. Don't want the kitting patterns. Why just say "Can I cancel out"???????????????? What payment method are you using?

David
    Last edited by dm6619david; 8th May 2017 at 01:10 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About baandbr2010
    Forum Posts

Hello David. Yes so annoying, I am sure we are all trying to make ebid successful and are doing our best to do so. My buyer bid and won 2 patterns on the 19th march, I sent invoice with no response, on the 2nd April buyer bid and won more patterns. When I tried to send invoice there was a black line marked thru' her name. Her personal page seems genuine so I am at a loss to understand what has happened. Seems only recourse is to report buyer to ebid, although as this is the first time I have done this I am not sure what sort of response I will receive from them. Regards, Babs.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope that things worked out for both of you sellers, and that you were able to get the fvf removed.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

some knitting pattern buyers like to browse over several weeks so that they can save on p&p.

So i assume some of the buyers may be mine and because of their delayed shopping habits they may have been marked as npb's and then struck off.
    Last edited by purplestevie; 25th May 2017 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    some knitting pattern buyers like to browse over several weeks so that they can save on p&p.

So i assume some of the buyers may be mine and because of their delayed shopping habits they may have been marked as npb's and then struck off.
    And trying to save like that is fair enough.

Fair enough IF they communicate. Most problems can be solved by prompt communication.

At times I wonder if it's not the fault of the participants, but perhaps ebid isn't delivering messages? For example I was recently delighted to find something I wanted on ebid, but I needed to confirm the measurements. So I used "Ask the seller a question". That was on Saturday. I've only just had a reply this morning (Thursday). This wasn't some far away seller struggling with Chinglish, the seller is in the fair county of Sussex. I could have delivered a message by hand in that time! Even Royal Mail could have delivered a message in that time.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Lurker
    All-About baandbr2010
    Forum Posts

Hello. If I notice is buyer is bidding on more than one item (and I state this in my listings - postage discount offered on more than one item) I email the buyer to wait until bidding has finished so that I can re-adjust postage cost to save the buyer excess cost. Contacted my buyer several times with no response whatsoever! Am now wondering if ebid is at fault or maybe buyer did not want to buy anyway! I am doing my utmost to achieve buyers to buy on ebid to make it successful and of course, for me to sell. Am wondering what are ebid doing to increase business. Am becoming a tad discontented. And another thing, lack of feedback, seems buyers on ebid are either reluctant or can't be bothered with leaving feedback. So demoralising! Babs.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that the more likely scenario is that people are not checking their emails.

My advice would be to stick with it, unfortunately on all sites you will get some folks who don't realise that by clicking the buy now button they are entering into a contract to BUY. Others find what they want somewhere else and just abandon the sale.

On the other hand there are also genuine people out there who will buy, it is just a matter of waiting for them.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baandbr2010 View Post
    Hello. If I notice is buyer is bidding on more than one item (and I state this in my listings - postage discount offered on more than one item) I email the buyer to wait until bidding has finished so that I can re-adjust postage cost to save the buyer excess cost. Contacted my buyer several times with no response whatsoever! Am now wondering if ebid is at fault or maybe buyer did not want to buy anyway! I am doing my utmost to achieve buyers to buy on ebid to make it successful and of course, for me to sell. Am wondering what are ebid doing to increase business. Am becoming a tad discontented. And another thing, lack of feedback, seems buyers on ebid are either reluctant or can't be bothered with leaving feedback. So demoralising! Babs.
    How did you manage to contact the bidder? I have never been able to contact a bidder until auction has ended and the bidder has become a buyer. Sometimes, this is too late if the buyer pays quickly. I wiuld like to be able to contact a bidder to point out about combined postage.

Thread Information