Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: google shopping

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: google shopping

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I'm sorry, Sid, but I don't quite understand what you're saying. I also have an item that I describe as "not being used for its intended purpose." However, that distinction doesn't make the item "new," "almost new" or "unused." In my opinion, the item needs to be classified as "used," although "previous owned" I suppose would also describe it. My point is, when it comes to classification of condition, I think it best to rely on the description to give details.

Frankly, Sid, I've never really understood why NEW or USED is considered to be a condition. An item is NEW until it is bought, then it becomes USED. It's sort of like virginity, one is until they are not. There isn't really any degrees of it, as far as I know.

is
    that a different item your answering my question which has no relevance to my question, lets take your answer on its merits . "I also have an item that I describe as "not being used for its intended purpose." thats a ambiguous description it means nothing or lots of things thats why you dont know how to describe it ,

not being used for its intended purpose " so what has it been used for ? if its not been used for anything why dont you say so, unused, there is no such thing as almost new, its new, old,used or unused,

" An item is NEW until it is bought," so as a retailer i buy a new item from the manufacture i have to class it as used according to your logic because i bought it,and offered it for resale, if i sell it on to another retailer it would according to your logic be used,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    The way I understand the term's usage is that it is an item is still in its original manufacturer's packaging that has been stored or warehoused for some period of time. Of course, I suppose that overstock and discontinued merchandise purchased at liquidation sales could be considered to be "used" since they were sold.
    thats a complete contradiction if the same item comes from a liquidation sale in its packaging then its still new, define "for some period of time" months years ? months and current = new years = unused, you really like to make a mountain out of a mole hill by being ambiguous .

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Could be a bit embarrassing for anyone selling unused knickers...lol
    Well, I guess that makes up my mind about selling the Vic Secrets that were gifted to me but not my style!! LOL!!!

After reading through some of the discussion on the link that Annie posted and seeing that this discussion could head the same lengthy direction, I will say I'm glad Sid brought the topic up again, as I was not aware of what Google was doing with "unused".

I will be changing some of my listings from "Unused" to "New" - no matter what it's age is - and use the description to explain NWOT, NRFB, NOS, etc. mean if I've used them in the title. It's hard enough to compete on Google with the sponsored ads showing first, even if you have the same item at a lower price.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    Well, I guess that makes up my mind about selling the Vic Secrets that were gifted to me but not my style!! LOL!!!

After reading through some of the discussion on the link that Annie posted and seeing that this discussion could head the same lengthy direction, I will say I'm glad Sid brought the topic up again, as I was not aware of what Google was doing with "unused".

I will be changing some of my listings from "Unused" to "New" - no matter what it's age is - and use the description to explain NWOT, NRFB, NOS, etc. mean if I've used them in the title. It's hard enough to compete on Google with the sponsored ads showing first, even if you have the same item at a lower price.
    thats
    probably the way to go even though they wont acknowledge a item is new compared with a bold used in the GS search, as you say the description is the way to go, if you put new or unused in the first few words of the description its seen adjacent to the listing,

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    is
    that a different item your answering my question which has no relevance to my question, lets take your answer on its merits . "I also have an item that I describe as "not being used for its intended purpose." thats a ambiguous description it means nothing or lots of things thats why you dont know how to describe it ,

not being used for its intended purpose " so what has it been used for ? if its not been used for anything why dont you say so, unused, there is no such thing as almost new, its new, old,used or unused,

" An item is NEW until it is bought," so as a retailer i buy a new item from the manufacture i have to class it as used according to your logic because i bought it,and offered it for resale, if i sell it on to another retailer it would according to your logic be used,
    Not if you're the retailer purchasing it from the manufacturer. Of course, I don't really think that merchandise purchased at a liquidation sale would have to be classified as used either. However, I'm not sure how Google, in their wisdom would consider the issue. Basically, I consider NOS as having to be in its original packaging, but then I'm not Google.

With regard to the item not used for its intended purpose, without seeming to be promoting my listed items, if the paper item had been used to do what it was designed for, it would not, in all likelihood survived to this day. However, it was evidently not used for the purpose for which it was designed. Thus, it has survived to become mere memorabilia.

Alas! I have to cease today's debate, Sid. I'm off to my wife's retirement dinner.

Thread Information