eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: google shopping

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default google shopping

just found this item on google shopping 156202581 its one of my listings when i first listed it i used the pull down option box as unused, on google it was showing as used, looking at other listings from other sites on GS it appears what are clearly unused items are showing as used this must be a google issue but probably effects many users here too, ive now altered the above listing to new, to see what happens on GS.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Default Re: google shopping

That's interesting - my guess is that GS doesn't recognize "unused"? Let us know how it turns out - the difference between New & Used could cost a sale.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    That's interesting - my guess is that GS doesn't recognize "unused"? Let us know how it turns out - the difference between New & Used could cost a sale.
    that should be the difference between used and unused. i dont think GS recognize the difference, since altering the listing to new the listing appears on google with no reference to it being new used or unused , except were part of the description is seen,. so im happy with that , were as before seeing used would of put of some one from buying , at least now they would have to click to find out, and as luck has it part of the description is visible which states new,

so what we have found out is google dont except unused, we had a thread running here many years ago were we debated the merits of used, unused and new, and it was decided we would have the three options to list by, rather than just new, used.

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    That is correct. eBid have said in the past that 'unused' items will be listed as 'used' on Google Shopping.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    That is correct. eBid have said in the past that 'unused' items will be listed as 'used' on Google Shopping.
    i
    dont remember ebid saying unused items will be listed as used , listed means on the site so why would we still have the option to list as unused, if you mean uploaded to gs it would mean are uploaded items are misrepresented if we use the unused option. anyway clearly google dont recognize unused .

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i
    dont remember ebid saying unused items will be listed as used , listed means on the site so why would we still have the option to list as unused, if you mean uploaded to gs it would mean are uploaded items are misrepresented if we use the unused option. anyway clearly google dont recognize unused .

Listed / uploaded, however you want to say it, when it's sent to Goggle shopping eBid have mentioned in the past that unused listings will be classed as 'used' by Google.

you are right sarge it was said that unused would go to google as used as i remember either Gaz or Mark telling us and changing my listings. it was quite a long time ago now though.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Listed / uploaded, however you want to say it, when it's sent to Goggle shopping eBid have mentioned in the past that unused listings will be classed as 'used' by Google.
    eBid should list them on Google using the "nearest equivalent" if an exact match isn't available. I reckon most of us would feel that 'new' is the closest to 'unused'.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Frankly, I'm not too sure about unused items being actually listed as unused. I have an item that was not used for its intended purpose, but since it's from the 1950's I doubt if I'd call it new or unused. I'm of the opinion that once an item has been sold and removed from its original packaging it is "used" despite whether or not it has been physically used or not. If it hasn't been physically used, that should be noted in the description, in my opinion.

Of course, I'm not a fan of a "New Without Tag" condition designation either. If an item originally came from the manufacturer with tags it should still have them if it is to be considered "NEW," in my opinion. "New Old Stock" should also be in its original packaging with any manufacturer's tags in place. Again, my opinion.

Personally, I consider anything that has been sold to a retail customer or member of the consuming public to be used if tags are removed. Of course, when it comes to vehicles, I believe that once the title of the vehicle is transferred from a dealer, it is legally classed as "used" regardless of how few miles it has been driven.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Could be a bit embarrassing for anyone selling unused knickers...lol

Thread Information