Thread: Ebid items not showing in Google shopping

Forum Newbie
    Ilkley Burley In Wharfedale, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View 01spenball's Feedback (+1081)
    All-About 01spenball
    View 01spenball's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Ebid items not showing in Google shopping

I am new to Ebid (Hello) I have recently listed some items to get started selling. I saw that Ebid lists items in Google shopping but for some reason my items are not showing in Google shopping? I am currently under seller, all listed items are buy it now, I have entered a product brand and I have my payment method set as PayPal. Can anybody give me any advice to get my items showing in Google shopping? Thank You!

Default Re: Ebid items not showing in Google shopping

Welcome to eBid.
    Have you put in the barcode ? If the item doesn't have one you need to enter the word 'EXEMPT'.

Forum Newbie
    All-About 01spenball
    Forum Posts

Hi cornishmaid1961, thank you for your fast reply!

I have not entered any information in the barcode box. I will enter a barcode or the word 'EXEMPT' and let you know if it works. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 01spenball View Post
    Hi cornishmaid1961, thank you for your fast reply!

I have not entered any information in the barcode box. I will enter a barcode or the word 'EXEMPT' and let you know if it works. Thank you!

My pleasure, I hope it does the trick !

You might want to take your items off 'run until sold' as it keeps your items at the bottom of the eBid lists. Much better to do ten auto reposts for a set number of days and then the items will come to the top.

Filling in your about me page is also a good idea if you are new, just giving a little information about yourself and your terms and conditions.

There are sales to be made here but as it is a smaller site than the other side and doesn't have the ready made audience a bit of elbow grease is required to get yourself known. Promote as much as you can to let people know you are now selling here.

Good luck !

Forum Newbie
    All-About 01spenball
    Forum Posts

Hi cornishmaid1961, some great advice there, Thank You!

I have now changed all my listings to auto repost to keep them higher up the list. It works great.
    I will fill in the about me page later. Happy with Ebid so far, I will be telling everybody I can to join!

I have also added the word EXEMPT or barcode into the barcode box. I still can't see any of my items in Google shopping, but not sure if they might take time to show there?

I am currently, seller, items listed as platinum, buy it now, Product Brand and Product Barcode boxes filled in and payment method PayPal.
    I will update if anything appears in Google shopping today!

kind Regards James

Forum Newbie
    View FoundSound's Feedback (+389)
    All-About FoundSound
    View FoundSound's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi - I can't see any of my items appearing on Google shopping either - and I've definitely filled in the barcode section. Ebid is not appearing on the list of sellers on the left of the Google shopping page - should it be?
    Thanks, Pete

Forum Newbie
    All-About FoundSound
    Forum Posts

Panic over! - I searched for Ebid - Foundsound, and my items are coming up.

Forum Newbie
    All-About FoundSound
    Forum Posts

Hi - I'm still a bit confused about this: a search by item title on Google shopping does not seem to produce any results - and ebid does not appear on the Sellers List on the left. If I actually search for "Ebid Foundsound" - yes, results appear - but that is hardly promoting sales - if you have that information already then you can just go on site. I thought the item as titled would appear on the Google shopping list, with ebid as an acknowledged seller along with Ebay (which is showing up), Oxfam etc.

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong here - I hope I am!

All the best, Pete

Forum Newbie
    All-About 01spenball
    Forum Posts

Hi Pete, I have just searched Foundsound in Google shopping and your items didn't show, but when I type Ebid Foundsound in Google shopping your items show?

Your items should just show when typing Foundsound into Google shopping only, or when the item description is written in Google Shopping without having to enter the word Ebid. This will bring a lot more traffic.
    I am not sure why this is happening but think somebody might know?

My items are still not showing in Google Shopping yet, but will keep trying to work it out then share what I find helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 01spenball View Post

My items are still not showing in Google Shopping yet, but will keep trying to work it out then share what I find helps.

James I think I just found out what your problem is. I searched for one of your items and it came up as being listed on Ebay. Google shopping won't do duplicate adverts even if it is on a different site. I would suggest you list some things here that you haven't already got listed on the other side to bring customers in.

Pete not sure about your problem, I would contact support@ebid.net and ask, they are always willing to help. Google shopping seems to work in mysterious ways ! I did notice some of your starting prices are 99p which means they won't be fed to Google shopping as eBid only send things over a £1 as far as I know.

Thread Information