eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else having problems with posting to the Netherlands ?

Default Is anyone else having problems with posting to the Netherlands ?

I was just wondering if anyone else has posted things to the Netherlands recently and encountered problems ?

Over the years I've sent loads of items to the Netherlands with no problems at all and they usually arrived within 4-6 days. However the last two parcels that I have sent have had problems. I sent one a couple of months ago and the buyer and I had just about given up on it when it arrived after two weeks. The buyer told me they thought it was because the Dutch post had been privatized and different couriers were being used.

I've just had to refund another buyer as I posted off her parcel on the 14th and there is still no sign of it. Anyone else had difficulties here or on other sites ?

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Is anyone else having problems with posting to the Netherlands ?

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone else has posted things to the Netherlands recently and encountered problems ?

Over the years I've sent loads of items to the Netherlands with no problems at all and they usually arrived within 4-6 days. However the last two parcels that I have sent have had problems. I sent one a couple of months ago and the buyer and I had just about given up on it when it arrived after two weeks. The buyer told me they thought it was because the Dutch post had been privatized and different couriers were being used.

I've just had to refund another buyer as I posted off her parcel on the 14th and there is still no sign of it. Anyone else had difficulties here or on other sites ?
    No problems but I am only using airmail letter rate.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thanks Bill, it's the parcels I'm concerned about. This last one was quite a large box which was clearly printed with the buyers address on the front and had my return address label on the back. The buyer also took the trouble to go to her post office in case it was at the sorting office. It's not as if it was a small item that could have got caught in a machine !

Have emailed my friend in the netherlands to ask if her parcels took longer than normal from the UK, will be tomorrow before she replies.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Have emailed my friend in the netherlands to ask if her parcels took longer than normal from the UK, will be tomorrow before she replies.
    ​Thanks Buttons, that would be really useful to know.

Hilmar said her parcels are taking anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks to arrive and no one can explain why, but she said she didn't worry as they always get there.

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Hilmar said her parcels are taking anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks to arrive and no one can explain why, but she said she didn't worry as they always get there.

Thanks for doing that Buttons that is useful to know. Fingers crossed in that case that the parcel might still show up.

An interesting comment from the lady in my post office when I asked for a claim form was that it wasn't the Netherlands that she had heard about but it seemed to be Germany that was having problems with parcel deliveries at the moment which surprised her.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 29th March 2017 at 04:02 PM.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wouldn't know. I don't often buy things

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I wouldn't know. I don't often buy things
    Methinks someone around here is telling porkies !

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never!

Thread Information