Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: postage

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default postage

just allowed this item for shipping to germany 156000680 , when i look on the german site i find the item and the postage can be seen via the list, however when i click on the item i only see domestic shipping in the uk, no international postage on the listing page, im i missing some thing or is there a glitch? thanks.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: postage

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    just allowed this item for shipping to germany 156000680 , when i look on the german site i find the item and the postage can be seen via the list, however when i click on the item i only see domestic shipping in the uk, no international postage on the listing page, im i missing some thing or is there a glitch? thanks.

I think eBid must "recognize" that we are in UK and responds accordingly. If you click to get the international rate (whilst on the German site) then the cost to ship UK to Germany shows up ok?

Name:  s.png
Views: 36
Size:  5.7 KB

edit:
    interestingly, if you sign out of UK site then go to German site (without signing in) the proper shipping rate to Germany (as above) is shown immediately on the listing. (but still with GBP shown first and Euros in brackets afterwards.)
    Last edited by cheaver; 14th March 2017 at 09:57 AM.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

thanks cheaver

well i signed out and got this result which is different to yours=

Versand nach Großbritannien :
    £12.00(13.75)Insgesamt : £152.00 (174,13€)

the above result was on the listing page topish right hand side, it also gives the uk shipping again a bit further down on the right, i still get the correct shipping price but only when you see the listing in search results before you click on the listing.

what i did find out was if your logged in the search results dont register you as viewing the listing, after logging out the search results go up ,

so i cant repeat seeing the correct postage result you got cheaver on the listing page!!

thank you
    Last edited by sidthelamp; 14th March 2017 at 12:01 PM.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks cheaver

well i signed out and got this result which is different to yours=

Versand nach Großbritannien :
    £12.00(13.75)Insgesamt : £152.00 (174,13€)

the above result was on the listing page topish right hand side, it also gives the uk shipping again a bit further down on the right, i still get the correct shipping price but only when you see the listing in search results before you click on the listing.

what i did find out was if your logged in the search results dont register you as viewing the listing, after logging out the search results go up ,

so i cant repeat seeing the correct postage result you got cheaver on the listing page!!

thank you
    Now that's interesting too. I wonder if the difference in what you and I see is because your format is unique to you being the Seller? Perhaps all potential buyers will see it in the format I do,
    I also wonder if different computers/browsers/monitors have a bearing?

I suppose it's logical that views as a Seller should NOT go up when looking at our own items - the views are only of real value when potential buyer visits are made?

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Now that's interesting too. I wonder if the difference in what you and I see is because your format is unique to you being the Seller? Perhaps all potential buyers will see it in the format I do,
    I also wonder if different computers/browsers/monitors have a bearing?

I suppose it's logical that views as a Seller should NOT go up when looking at our own items - the views are only of real value when potential buyer visits are made?

yes
    it must be it recognizes me as the seller, although it allows the view count to go up if i log out, and view, but still does not allow me to see what you see, which is important to me as i like to know i haven't made a mistake listing, im sure when i last listed i could view the postage for the given country when i viewed the listing,
    its putting me off allowing postage internationally on the other listings till i know for sure any buyer pays the correct postage, we shall see, it will probably take a while to build up customers again after a 3 year break from selling.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes
    it must be it recognizes me as the seller, although it allows the view count to go up if i log out, and view, but still does not allow me to see what you see, which is important to me as i like to know i haven't made a mistake listing,

im sure when i last listed i could view the postage for the given country when i viewed the listing,

its putting me off allowing postage internationally on the other listings till i know for sure any buyer pays the correct postage, we shall see, it will probably take a while to build up customers again after a 3 year break from selling.

The only way I know of to see postage costs outside of homeland is via the Postage Editor/Calculator on listings.

3 year break is quite a while but then again, you have unique items so the selling gap might not make much difference. I wish you well.

Thread Information