Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cumbersome Web Site

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cumbersome Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    When I have suggested deleting categories, I have given reasons, and they have now gone.
    I managed that once!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post

So, what is the next area where we would like to focus a clear simple fix?

Hey Bill, don't push your luck!

Let's just celebrate that, at long last, the category selection system sounds like it's going to be a vast improvement.

Bill, if you bounce up and down hoping for the next thing, and the next after that, and the... you'll just succeed in disheartening Gazza: "Those bloody users, no sooner have you caved in over one issue, it's not even rolled out yet, and they're screaming at me again; it's a no-win!".

So let's wait to see how the new idea pans out (maybe it will need some further tweaks, for clearly eBid doesn't have a team of usability testers) and then, when everything's fine and the champagne glasses are smashed, then we can see how to move even further forward.

I'm cautiously optimistic!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31031)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Hey Bill, don't push your luck!
    Lol,

Well, we have the same end result, trying to make Ebid a success. I think we are supporting Gazza and the rest of the team in focusing what needs to be done to get the website slick and easy to use.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Newbie
    View FoundSound's Feedback (+389)
    All-About FoundSound
    View FoundSound's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi - Having just listed 1500 items individually - and with another 30,000 to go (!) if the site was NOT easy to use, I would now be in a padded cell! I actually find it quicker and easier to use than the site that shall not be named for quite a few reasons I won't bother going into. This is a wonderful selling platform - and I'm willing to bet that reluctance to use the site can be attributed to a variety of other factors - fear, lack of experience etc. No - it's not as 'big' as Ebay, but that is a large part of Ebay's problem. I could go on - but I think it's time for a nap...

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FoundSound View Post
    Hi - Having just listed 1500 items individually - and with another 30,000 to go (!) if the site was NOT easy to use, I would now be in a padded cell! I actually find it quicker and easier to use than the site that shall not be named for quite a few reasons I won't bother going into. This is a wonderful selling platform - and I'm willing to bet that reluctance to use the site can be attributed to a variety of other factors - fear, lack of experience etc. No - it's not as 'big' as Ebay, but that is a large part of Ebay's problem. I could go on - but I think it's time for a nap...
    Attachment 55541

I agree - I find listing on ebid.net is generally as easy or easier than most other auction sites. I realize that different folks are using different devices to access and list, so people's experiences can vary - screenshots would probably help in understanding the problems one is having when viewing on your computer, tablet, phone or whatever. I'm encouraged that the site's administrators actually consider suggestions - and that isn't the case everywhere. The new menuing sounds interesting!
    Last edited by rocks2dust; 26th May 2017 at 06:12 PM.

Thread Information