Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions and answers

Default Questions and answers

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but yesterday I sent a question to another seller to politely tip them off that they had several listings in the wrong category and suggested they might like to move them as it might help their sales.

The seller replied at about 3.30am so I didn't see the answer when it came in and they have closed or deleted the listing that I asked the question on but have so far not moved the other listings. The answer is not preserved in my question and answer section so I haven't a clue as to what their answer was. I don't know if they were pleased or miffed that I pointed it out ?!

Would it please be possible for answers to questions to be preserved in our question and answer sections, even if the listing in question has been closed or deleted, so that we know what the reply was ?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Questions and answers

yes..I agree with this one.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be very helpful

That's a great idea, Becky!! Especially for questions asked about an item prior to purchase that may be disputed by the buyer later - we'd have no "proof" to back us up. And of course to satisfy our ever present curiosity - lol!

Yes, there have been instances where I wanted to read an old message, and it was gone. Text doesn't use that much storage, so please consider preserving them for us.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before but yesterday I sent a question to another seller to politely tip them off that they had several listings in the wrong category and suggested they might like to move them as it might help their sales.

The seller replied at about 3.30am so I didn't see the answer when it came in and they have closed or deleted the listing that I asked the question on but have so far not moved the other listings. The answer is not preserved in my question and answer section so I haven't a clue as to what their answer was. I don't know if they were pleased or miffed that I pointed it out ?!

Would it please be possible for answers to questions to be preserved in our question and answer sections, even if the listing in question has been closed or deleted, so that we know what the reply was ?

I think what work best for me is an outbox, a copy of all answers I have given, until I delete them.
    I don't want it preserved in Q&A in case I get confused about whether I have answered it.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post

I think what work best for me is an outbox, a copy of all answers I have given, until I delete them.
    I don't want it preserved in Q&A in case I get confused about whether I have answered it.
    Also need a list of answers received.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Also need a list of answers received.

I agree we need both.
    eBid what is the point of getting a reply to a question if you can't read it ?!

Ability to delete Q&As by the seller would be nice. In the case of being notified that there is an error in a listing or any question asked that does not pertain to the item itself, the seller could just (hopefully!) make the correction and delete that notice. Sending a PM to let someone know about an error in listing is just too time consuming and I understand that some might be embarrassed by making a mistake and want to delete the listing to get the Q&A off.

Thread Information