eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Probleme with Skrill

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Probleme with Skrill

​Has anyone gotten a definitive reply from SKRILL yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    ​Has anyone gotten a definitive reply from SKRILL yet?

No, no reply yet JaBek only a confirmation that they got my email.
    I'll post here if I hear anything.

Just had this reply in from Skrill.

With regards to your inquiry we would like to inform you that your account is considered personal account with commercial use for accepting delcampe payments - it is not a business/merchant one. Given the nature of the profile and the fact that you have not used it for more than an year , we recommend you to close it and to register a new private one under alternative e-mail address where you can continue receiving/sending transactions. You can also take the Skrill payment option off your listings at eBid.net . Thank you for the understanding.

What I don't understand is why I can still use a personal account with commercial use at Delcampe but not on eBid ? Can you explain this please Gazza ?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Just had this reply in from Skrill.

With regards to your inquiry we would like to inform you that your account is considered personal account with commercial use for accepting delcampe payments - it is not a business/merchant one. Given the nature of the profile and the fact that you have not used it for more than an year , we recommend you to close it and to register a new private one under alternative e-mail address where you can continue receiving/sending transactions. You can also take the Skrill payment option off your listings at eBid.net . Thank you for the understanding.

What I don't understand is why I can still use a personal account with commercial use at Delcampe but not on eBid ? Can you explain this please Gazza ?
    I can also use a similar account on Delcampe. I would like to know why I might have difficulty on eBid. Not needed on eBid recently but just trying to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I can also use a similar account on Delcampe. I would like to know why I might have difficulty on eBid. Not needed on eBid recently but just trying to be prepared.

Just had this answer from eBid Towers.

Hi Becky,

We have been attempting to get to the bottom of the problem with Skrill but they are not being at all helpful.

It would seem some personal accounts have permissions to allow receipt of payments but these are few and far between.

The only logical advice we can give is to let other users know that a merchant/business account is required now for Skrill.

This is an unattractive prospect as it entails a monthly fee.

In all likelihood I expect we will phase Skrill out as an option as the number of people using it is minimal. Stripe has been mentioned as a possible addition which we are looking into at the moment.

It seems like Skrill is playing silly boogers. You would think they would be overjoyed to have the sellers at eBid giving them publicity even if the payment option isn't used that much. Looks like editing is on the cards when reposting listings.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just when I've got 2 European buyers to sign upto Skrill

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting that Gazza is promoting an opposition payment option rather than boosting PPPay, if PPP was given sufficient back up admin then it could become a viable contender.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Looking at PPPay site it only offers GBP & EUR currency, will never be a contender unless it offers a lot more currency options.

Thread Information