Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Additions to Forum Pages

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11854)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Additions to Forum Pages

How about a place in the forum pages that fair/show organisers/individual might publicize/promote events... good bit of kudos for eBid too!

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Additions to Forum Pages

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    How about a place in the forum pages that fair/show organisers/individual might publicize/promote events... good bit of kudos for eBid too!
    How do eBid make revenue from these pages?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    How do eBid make revenue from these pages?
    I would consider it a service that is free: so that people can say when asked "I saw your show advertised on eBid" - free publicity!

I would consider it a service that is free: so that people can say when asked "I saw your show advertised on eBid" - free publicity!
    Since fairs/shows are usually "localized" events I have to wonder how much interest would be generated from a post vs. the amount of space taken up on the site. I.E. There is a Craft Show in Wayne County, TN - how many on the site would be interested in attending? It might be different in the UK if there are a lot of people in your local area?? For sure if I were going to a Craft Fair, I would have a sign in my booth advertising eBid, along with cards and a link to the site to pass out to everyone who stopped by my booth. Just my .02

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

So, you expect Fair/Show organisers to get advertising for free whereas sellers pay for the privilege?

Okay, lets get this into perspective. A show organiser lists FOR FREE on eBid - NO £49.99 PAYOUT?

They put into this 'new forum' a horse show or a car show for instance. Is someone interested in cars or horses in the US going to pay out for a flight to the UK to see them?

So, I ask again, 'how does this generate revenue for eBid?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I totally agree that this would be a service which could generate interest in eBid.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

I appreciate that many fairs/events are regional/country specific. No one has to go to them if they are too far away or of no interest, but to some the information would be of great benefit and provide a useful service to users of the Forum, who may not be ebidders/ebid sellers.

In the postcard world I am involved with, many collectors travel vast distances to attend - even from overseas. Likewise, I travel to Europe on a regular basis to Postcard Fairs and another on-line site provides me with the information on these.

The same can be said for Books/Stamps/Coin/Record/ etc. etc. collectors who would also benfit from such a service... Craft fairs too... why, I even traveled to a Bead Fair many miles away and at great expense with my partner recently!!!

I suspect that many of our eBid buyers are unaware of fairs and events that offer opportunities to further their interests. If they hear of them via eBid, they are sure to pass that knowledge on...

If eBid is the window where they see these events, then it will bode well for eBid and eBid can claim the deserved credit and publicity that implies.

When I stand at a Postcard fair I gladly promote the eBid alternative without any fee from eBid - and not just for my own benefit/interest - it works for eBid as a whole to do this.

We are all aware that eBid consistently fails to promote itself other than by it's members efforts at self promotion. All well and good, but eBid does need to do more, in my opinion, to help promote itself.

By adding a fairs/events listing to the forum will be great move to increase the spread of eBid, and at very little cost I suspect!

Thread Information