eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: items that should be listed and items that have already been sold and appreared again

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default items that should be listed and items that have already been sold and appreared again

In the last 2 days or so i have sold 2 items to a regular buyer that have already been sold months ago and they have appeared for sale again and my regular buyer purchased them, i had to cancel both sales.
    Also while looking for items for this particular buyer i have found 6 items that should be for sale and are not listed and not in the unsold area ready to be relisted. So now im having to go through nearly 2000 items to see what should be listed and are not listed!

Also can you keep relisting items until they are sold or do they eventually disappear into the ether at some point?

Has anyone else had these problems?
    Last edited by purplestevie; 28th January 2017 at 12:08 PM.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: items that should be listed and items that have already been sold and appreared a

Never had a similar problem.

For the 2 items that shouldn't have still been for sale check that you haven't accidentally made them multi item listings (ie the quantity field >1) when you only have one item for sale.

I never let my listing close. Every now and again I do a bulk edit of all my listings to reset the Auto Repost field to 10. Letting them close then relisting is fraught with potential mistakes.

All-About purplestevie
    Forum Posts

Default Re: items that should be listed and items that have already been sold and appreared a

Thanks for your reply

You could be correct re the multi thing although i cannot check because it doesnt show the qty i presume because i cancelled the orders. but it doesnt show any previous sales either

Re the items that should be listed and are not, I now have a box full of these items a lot have been (or at least i thought they were)listed for several years.

I too started do this -
    "I never let my listing close. Every now and again I do a bulk edit of all my listings to reset the Auto Repost field to 10. Letting them close then relisting is fraught with potential mistakes."

It sounds like your problem could be related to this post https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...sted-only-once

All-About purplestevie
    Forum Posts

Thanks Shesawaya,

Doesnt look like a solution has been found, If i get a neg or neutral for this problem i hope Admin remove it!

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    Thanks Shesawaya,

Doesnt look like a solution has been found, If i get a neg or neutral for this problem i hope Admin remove it!
    It could take a while for them to figure out what is going on, but since they are aware of it I'm sure they would remove a neg or neutral if you got one. But, if you canceled the sale, would it even show up on the feedback page? If it is a regular buyer, maybe you can contact her and explain it was due to a computer glitch?

If you read the other thread you'll see how I found my duplicates and maybe use the same process to check for more duplicates in your listings. One of these years, I'll have 1,000s of items posted and hope they get it fixed before then - lol!!

Forum Lurker
    View Fudbucket's Feedback (+1650)
    All-About Fudbucket
    View Fudbucket's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've often relisted things that have been sold. Being so used to another site that will remain nameless where only unsold items go into the folder that I relist from, it is difficult to remember that the folder on E-Bid also contains the sold items. I have gone to the items I ran section and relisted everything. Could this be what has happened with you?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fudbucket View Post
    I've often relisted things that have been sold. Being so used to another site that will remain nameless where only unsold items go into the folder that I relist from, it is difficult to remember that the folder on E-Bid also contains the sold items. I have gone to the items I ran section and relisted everything. Could this be what has happened with you?

I always use Listings I Ran - Without sales. This should solve the problem.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    Never had a similar problem.

For the 2 items that shouldn't have still been for sale check that you haven't accidentally made them multi item listings (ie the quantity field >1) when you only have one item for sale.

I never let my listing close. Every now and again I do a bulk edit of all my listings to reset the Auto Repost field to 10. Letting them close then relisting is fraught with potential mistakes.
    Perhaps I'm stupid but how do you sort the listings into reposts remaining in order to select the ones which need editing?

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Perhaps I'm stupid but how do you sort the listings into reposts remaining in order to select the ones which need editing?
    Do a bulk edit to select all your items. You can do this by not putting any criteria in on the first page of the bulk edit dialogue and just press the search for listings button at the bottom. It doesn't matter how many reposts the items have left just change all your items so the Auto Repost is set to 10 - it makes no odds what they were beforehand. However, DO NOT use the "Close Listing" time field else you will end up with all your listings ending at the same second!

Thread Information