eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New Seller

Forum Newbie
    View joeyd's Feedback (+2)
    All-About joeyd
    View joeyd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New Seller

I'm fairly new to Ebid and have slowy been learning my way around Ebid. I have allot of things to sell and hope to do well here on Ebid. I switched over from Ebay due to the unfair policies and bully style tactics of ebay and paypal. I had a perfect seller rating on ebay not one single negative feedback during the time on ebay (almost a year) my sales feedback of 100 items was a 100% positive and my purchases were all paid instantly.Since coming to ebid i have found sales to be a bit harder to come by. So I ask anyone who reads this to give me some advice or feedback that coud help me get off the ground and running. I hope to see Ebid become the new norm and i am constantly recomending it to other buyers and sellers. I know many people feel as i do about paypal and ebay who are looking for alternative site to sell on and ebid i really find to be a better place and user freindly. But i feel im not doing something right and it is because of the lack of sales in which has never been an issue for me on any site ive sold on... so what am i doing or not doing? how can i better my sales, please any and all comments are welcome and appreciated. Thank you

I have allot of FDC's and Stamps and related items to list....

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New Seller

Take a look at my store if you want an example of how stamps sales can work on Ebid.

The dynamics are quite different. List big numbers for free and then get lots of sales for a tiny fee.

My figures for Ebid are sales of 10,000 but I have 27,000 items listed. My number of sold items shown for the last three months is 1300.

The stocks move slower but more profitably; results will disappoint if you are not listing 10 to 100 times the number of items you would list for auction elsewhere
    Last edited by billsstamps; 1st December 2016 at 10:03 AM.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tat2joey View Post
    I'm fairly new to Ebid and have slowy been learning my way around Ebid. I have allot of things to sell and hope to do well here on Ebid. I switched over from Ebay due to the unfair policies and bully style tactics of ebay and paypal. I had a perfect seller rating on ebay not one single negative feedback during the time on ebay (almost a year) my sales feedback of 100 items was a 100% positive and my purchases were all paid instantly.Since coming to ebid i have found sales to be a bit harder to come by. So I ask anyone who reads this to give me some advice or feedback that coud help me get off the ground and running. I hope to see Ebid become the new norm and i am constantly recomending it to other buyers and sellers. I know many people feel as i do about paypal and ebay who are looking for alternative site to sell on and ebid i really find to be a better place and user freindly. But i feel im not doing something right and it is because of the lack of sales in which has never been an issue for me on any site ive sold on... so what am i doing or not doing? how can i better my sales, please any and all comments are welcome and appreciated. Thank you

I have allot of FDC's and Stamps and related items to list....
    I agree with Bill. I would just add one point. You talk about the bully tactics of ebay and paypal. You will almost certainly need to offer Paypal as a payment option. Almost all my sales have been made using Paypal as buyers expect to pay that way.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Forget all about the Ebay experience and think the eBid way.

1. Dump all the 'trash' talk about Ebay and Paypal on your Me page. Buyer's don't care about your feelings and are usually put off by such negativity, they want a good deal and be able to pay with Paypal, so offer PP as an option. Many of us hate them but it is a necessary evil if you want to make some sales.

2. Google shopping do not accept listings with ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IN TITLES. Instead, create titles ie:
    Minnesota statehood 100th anniversary FDC artcraft cachet 1958

3. Google shopping do not accept listings that are less than $1 so try and group some of your items together or add a Buy Now price to your bid price, this method is acceptable to Google shopping.

4. Pictures speak a thousand words, so do actual words, so don't just rely on buyers looking at images for shape/size/condition - take the time to make your descriptions more detailed ie size, shape, age, flaws etc. Even descriptions contain many 'catch words' that buyers use in search engines. The more detailed the descriptions, the less questions you'll receive, the quicker you'll get a sale.

5. Run until Sold listings remain at the bottom of eBids search list, so do XX days > 1st bid
    Create 'live listings' for ie 7 or 10 days with 10 auto reposts - this method will have your listings rising to the top of the eBid search list.

Hope this helps some.
    ~Jan~

Forum Newbie
    View joeyd's Feedback (+2)
    All-About joeyd
    View joeyd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for the advice and i will definitly keep it all in mind as i continue listing items, I will also edit my current listings as well and see how things go.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Must admit that the first thing that caught my eye was the 'tat' in your username. That instantly brought to mind the definition of poor quality goods: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/tat

Maybe not the first thought you want to put in people's mind when viewing your goods?

When I first started online selling I was tempted to use the name 'poacher' - which I had long used in other capacities, but decided the connotations of a lack of honesty to the word wasn't the best for selling stuff. Ref: http://www.ebid.net/uk/users/astral276

Just a thought...

Welcome to eBid!!

One suggestion I don't think was mentioned is to contact all of your previous buyers from the bay and let them know you have moved to eBid. If you've kept all your PP records, their personal e-mails should be on there and be sure to include a link to your store.

I don't think you will have trouble with your ID in the US, as most people are familiar with the slang for tattoo - calling one a tat or saying tats, if you have more that one. Or am I off base about your id? If you do want to change it, so as not to put anyone off, here's how:

15) How can i change my username?

If you have registered and have made a mistake with your username or have a valid reason for changing, please contact us via the "Contact Us" tab on our "Help" index page section and if applicable we will make the necessary changes. There is a limit of 18 characters. We cannot accept spaces in the Username and characters such as stops and hyphens are not compatible, although underscores are acceptable. For security reasons, on the Help Section Contact Form please ensure you enter your registered email address.

Congrats on the baby!! 3 March is a good day to be born

Happy Selling,

Shes

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tat2joey View Post
    Thank you for the advice and i will definitly keep it all in mind as i continue listing items, I will also edit my current listings as well and see how things go.
    I see you have been busy - looking good so far

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Must admit that the first thing that caught my eye was the 'tat' in your username. That instantly brought to mind the definition of poor quality goods: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/tat

Maybe not the first thought you want to put in people's mind when viewing your goods?

When I first started online selling I was tempted to use the name 'poacher' - which I had long used in other capacities, but decided the connotations of a lack of honesty to the word wasn't the best for selling stuff. Ref: http://www.ebid.net/uk/users/astral276

Just a thought...
    I had the same thoughts about 'Tat' on seeing the first post. But I guess if it's only a Brit idiom, not a worry for him. Except now I know it's 'tattoo', I'm not overly positive about tattoos either!

Mel, I'd not previously seen your 'about me' page. I'm still chuckling at you setting out with a barrow!

Tat, if you're not Seller+, be careful about fees. I don't recall exactly, but I believe some relisting options on ebid cost you each time there's an auto-relist and beginners get taken by surprise.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information