Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How to increase customer volume?

Forum Newbie
    View Dthvllytgr's Feedback (+207)
    All-About Dthvllytgr
    View Dthvllytgr's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How to increase customer volume?

Hi guys! New to eBid, very much an eBay old-timer. My question, I have listed my products here since last Monday and have not had ONE purchase. My items sell on eBay, Etsy and Bonanza like crazy. What am I doing wrong? Is this the correct site for items like mine? Thanks.

Default Re: How to increase customer volume?

First, it is difficult to justify paying full retail plus shipping to a vendor with 0 feedback, so you need to most likely make some purchases to get feedback and remove the newbie starburst Secondly, it takes time for listings to propagate out to google product search where they are most often found.. and finally, your prices here should take into account the lower fees you would be paying here - I can find the same thing on ebay for 5 bucks less, shipped FREE where sellers would be paying even higher fees... You should be able to undercut the pricing here by as much as 12% to 15% (more if you charge shipping separately) and then.. here's an idea - after revising your pricing (reflective of the lower ebid fees) contact your past buyers on the other websites and tell them about the new store here (not through the website's messaging systems though - if they paid by paypal you'll have their email address) and maybe your repeat buyers (assuming you have them) will come by here and buy some at your freshly discounted rates, building your feedback even further..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Good comments Ideal!

It's nice to see another US seller here as we really need to increase awareness of eBid in the US. So many automatically go to that other place

Getting your items to show on Google Shopping is VERY important and if you do as Idea suggested and price your items lower than the ones on the other site, you should get plenty of attention via Google. If you haven't already, read the site Selling Guide. Particularly #48 & 49 and the additional links for Google requirements, located here: http://www.ebid.net/us/help_selling.php

There are also some very good suggestions posted throughout the forums - see "Promoting Your Store" thread.

One thing concerns me - you state in your description that your shirts are "Replicas". #29 in the selling FAQs states that eBid prohibits
    "Items and services that infringe on another party's copyright, patent, license, trademark or other proprietary right."

I don't know if you are actually doing that or not but the word "replica" indicates the possibility and all e-commerce sites take that seriously as they don't want to get involved in lawsuits by the patent owners.

Best of luck to you!!

OK, I give up. I was trying to resist being silly, but I just can't do it any longer.

Q: How to increase customer volume?
    A: Give them lots of fatty food.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    OK, I give up. I was trying to resist being silly, but I just can't do it any longer.

Q: How to increase customer volume?
    A: Give them lots of fatty food.

Damian, don't ever give up being silly when the mood strikes - we can always use more humor in our lives these days!!

Thread Information