Home
Buy on eBid
Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

  1. #21
    Forum Saint sidthelamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Llandysul, Ceredigion, United Kingdom
    View sidthelamp's Feedback (+526)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts
    3,317

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by airslinda View Post
    l been on here 2016 and havent sold a thing of my craft iteams and my other iteams,and l paid for life time and open to ebid store airslinda but l thought l mite be doing something wrong so it is other people are not selling things as well as me
    i know its frustrating, this is my second stint selling on ebid first time round very successful this time only two items sold over 3 months, i dont see selling trends any were liked they used to be, i had a quick look at your listings , could not see anything wrong, no answers im afraid apart from list as many diverse items as you can to attract a wider audience.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

    MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

  2. #22
    Forum Master lofty100e's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+72)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts
    2,515

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i know its frustrating, this is my second stint selling on ebid first time round very successful this time only two items sold over 3 months, i dont see selling trends any were liked they used to be, i had a quick look at your listings , could not see anything wrong, no answers im afraid apart from list as many diverse items as you can to attract a wider audience.
    The only thing I can suggest is to edit your listings replacing the word none in the barcode box with exempt, then go in to your profile and check (tick) the box for google shopping. That will mean that any buy it now listings priced at 1 or $1 or more will be loaded to their systems, You can also run auctions on these items if you wish.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com



    To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

  3. #23
    Forum Saint sidthelamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Llandysul, Ceredigion, United Kingdom
    View sidthelamp's Feedback (+526)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts
    3,317

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    The only thing I can suggest is to edit your listings replacing the word none in the barcode box with exempt, then go in to your profile and check (tick) the box for google shopping. That will mean that any buy it now listings priced at 1 or $1 or more will be loaded to their systems, You can also run auctions on these items if you wish.

    all done lofty when i first started to list, thanks,
    im not really having a moan it more of a observation
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

    MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

  4. #24
    Forum Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    London, Greater London, United Kingdom
    All-About airslinda
    View airslinda's Listings
    Forum Posts
    3

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    thanks you for getting back to me
    linda airs

  5. #25
    Forum Master lofty100e's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+72)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts
    2,515

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    all done lofty when i first started to list, thanks,
    im not really having a moan it more of a observation
    I thought you would have done Sid, actually my post way aimed at Linda, but I tagged it on to your comment so that she would know it was about her listings. As there have been so many additional questions on this thread it is getting confused about who is responding to which post.

    Good to see that you have come back into the fold with the selling. Like you I have taken quite a long break from selling and things seem to have slowed down despite the much vaunted google shopping.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com



    To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

  6. #26
    Forum Saint sidthelamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Llandysul, Ceredigion, United Kingdom
    View sidthelamp's Feedback (+526)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts
    3,317

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I thought you would have done Sid, actually my post way aimed at Linda, but I tagged it on to your comment so that she would know it was about her listings. As there have been so many additional questions on this thread it is getting confused about who is responding to which post.

    Good to see that you have come back into the fold with the selling. Like you I have taken quite a long break from selling and things seem to have slowed down despite the much vaunted google shopping.

    I have at the moment good placing on GS , which does not seem to help, like you i think things have slowed down, i would really like to help people like linda but im powerless.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

    MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

  7. #27
    Forum Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Paisley, Renfrewshire, United Kingdom
    View maxfli65's Feedback (+217)
    All-About maxfli65
    View maxfli65's Listings
    Forum Posts
    15

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    The way I recovered 49.99 many times over was to focus on volume.
    You have 3 excellent items, the mint Bermuda Churchills which are underpriced, though 1 P&P looks like profit-taking for a 2nd class stamp. The trouble is that if some stamp collector is looking for Bermuda or for Churchill, they may think you a card seller.
    I think I have a low stock of Churchill stamps because I only have 46 of them listed, and I need to list more Bermuda stamps because 65 of them is barely worth a serious collector browsing through.
    But I consistently sell many German stamps because I have over 3000 listed.
    Thank you for the note about being under-priced - BUT THEY STILL DIDN'T SELL.

    Also you comment about the 1 p&p shows you didn't read the rest of the comment!

    Yes it is 56p for a stamp but there's the PayPal fee (25p plus 3.4% of amount transferred) plus the cost of an envelope plus I always put stamps in a small plastic bag in the envelope to keep them dry.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    Anything that is selling under $1 or 1 or equivalent currency will not be accepted by Google Shopping

  9. #29
    Forum Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois, United States
    All-About stopusingebay
    View stopusingebay's Listings
    Forum Posts
    15

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    Selling in the United States with international shipping turned off likely will reveal close to the biggest difference in sales between using one of the "mainstream" sites like eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and Craigslist compared to one of the non mainstream competitors. Most other countries are smaller and less commercialized, and buyers aren't programmed to only visit mainstream places as much.

    It's not just because of buyers that these mainstream US organizations keep their positions. Backpage.com, a competitor to Craigslist, is being sued for allowing certain content when Craigslist would likely not be in legal trouble for doing the same. Xanga, one of the first social networking sites, was sued successfully after falsely being accused of allowing users who were under 13 to use the site, but FaceBook never gets in trouble for this. The fact that ebid.net is outside of the USA is one of its biggest advantages the way I see it.

    Since I don't have a lot of rare items to sell such as stamps that the mainstream outlets can't compete with as much, I knew going in that my sales would probably be somewhat low. So I paid the $49.99 and I expect it will be a while before I make that back in sales. It's unlikely that I would make a profit paying the periodical fee to use eBid. But I'm not losing anything by waiting. edit: I do have some things like Volvo car parts that I can import here. Those might end up selling quite well. A lot of my previous sales for those have been international.
    Last edited by stopusingebay; 19th June 2017 at 04:23 PM.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by stopusingebay View Post
    Selling in the United States with international shipping turned off likely will reveal close to the biggest difference in sales between using one of the "mainstream" sites like eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and Craigslist compared to one of the non mainstream competitors. Most other countries are smaller and less commercialized, and buyers aren't programmed to only visit mainstream places as much.

    It's not just because of buyers that these mainstream US organizations keep their positions. Backpage.com, a competitor to Craigslist, is being sued for allowing certain content when Craigslist would likely not be in legal trouble for doing the same. Xanga, one of the first social networking sites, was sued successfully after falsely being accused of allowing users who were under 13 to use the site, but FaceBook never gets in trouble for this. The fact that ebid.net is outside of the USA is one of its biggest advantages the way I see it.

    Since I don't have a lot of rare items to sell such as stamps that the mainstream outlets can't compete with as much, I knew going in that my sales would probably be somewhat low. So I paid the $49.99 and I expect it will be a while before I make that back in sales. It's unlikely that I would make a profit paying the periodical fee to use eBid. But I'm not losing anything by waiting. edit: I do have some things like Volvo car parts that I can import here. Those might end up selling quite well. A lot of my previous sales for those have been international.

    I like your attitude

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Follow Us
New To eBid?
register here