Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+526)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Nothing Sells after 6+ weeks

Quote Originally Posted by airslinda View Post
    l been on here 2016 and havent sold a thing of my craft iteams and my other iteams,and l paid for life time and open to ebid store airslinda but l thought l mite be doing something wrong so it is other people are not selling things as well as me
    i know its frustrating, this is my second stint selling on ebid first time round very successful this time only two items sold over 3 months, i dont see selling trends any were liked they used to be, i had a quick look at your listings , could not see anything wrong, no answers im afraid apart from list as many diverse items as you can to attract a wider audience.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+72)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i know its frustrating, this is my second stint selling on ebid first time round very successful this time only two items sold over 3 months, i dont see selling trends any were liked they used to be, i had a quick look at your listings , could not see anything wrong, no answers im afraid apart from list as many diverse items as you can to attract a wider audience.
    The only thing I can suggest is to edit your listings replacing the word none in the barcode box with exempt, then go in to your profile and check (tick) the box for google shopping. That will mean that any buy it now listings priced at 1 or $1 or more will be loaded to their systems, You can also run auctions on these items if you wish.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    The only thing I can suggest is to edit your listings replacing the word none in the barcode box with exempt, then go in to your profile and check (tick) the box for google shopping. That will mean that any buy it now listings priced at 1 or $1 or more will be loaded to their systems, You can also run auctions on these items if you wish.

all done lofty when i first started to list, thanks,
    im not really having a moan it more of a observation

Forum Newbie
    All-About airslinda
    View airslinda's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks you for getting back to me
    linda airs

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+72)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    all done lofty when i first started to list, thanks,
    im not really having a moan it more of a observation
    I thought you would have done Sid, actually my post way aimed at Linda, but I tagged it on to your comment so that she would know it was about her listings. As there have been so many additional questions on this thread it is getting confused about who is responding to which post.

Good to see that you have come back into the fold with the selling. Like you I have taken quite a long break from selling and things seem to have slowed down despite the much vaunted google shopping.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I thought you would have done Sid, actually my post way aimed at Linda, but I tagged it on to your comment so that she would know it was about her listings. As there have been so many additional questions on this thread it is getting confused about who is responding to which post.

Good to see that you have come back into the fold with the selling. Like you I have taken quite a long break from selling and things seem to have slowed down despite the much vaunted google shopping.

I have at the moment good placing on GS , which does not seem to help, like you i think things have slowed down, i would really like to help people like linda but im powerless.

Forum Newbie
    View maxfli65's Feedback (+217)
    All-About maxfli65
    View maxfli65's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    The way I recovered 49.99 many times over was to focus on volume.
    You have 3 excellent items, the mint Bermuda Churchills which are underpriced, though 1 P&P looks like profit-taking for a 2nd class stamp. The trouble is that if some stamp collector is looking for Bermuda or for Churchill, they may think you a card seller.
    I think I have a low stock of Churchill stamps because I only have 46 of them listed, and I need to list more Bermuda stamps because 65 of them is barely worth a serious collector browsing through.
    But I consistently sell many German stamps because I have over 3000 listed.
    Thank you for the note about being under-priced - BUT THEY STILL DIDN'T SELL.

Also you comment about the 1 p&p shows you didn't read the rest of the comment!

Yes it is 56p for a stamp but there's the PayPal fee (25p plus 3.4% of amount transferred) plus the cost of an envelope plus I always put stamps in a small plastic bag in the envelope to keep them dry.

Anything that is selling under $1 or 1 or equivalent currency will not be accepted by Google Shopping

Forum Newbie
    All-About stopusingebay
    View stopusingebay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Selling in the United States with international shipping turned off likely will reveal close to the biggest difference in sales between using one of the "mainstream" sites like eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and Craigslist compared to one of the non mainstream competitors. Most other countries are smaller and less commercialized, and buyers aren't programmed to only visit mainstream places as much.

It's not just because of buyers that these mainstream US organizations keep their positions. Backpage.com, a competitor to Craigslist, is being sued for allowing certain content when Craigslist would likely not be in legal trouble for doing the same. Xanga, one of the first social networking sites, was sued successfully after falsely being accused of allowing users who were under 13 to use the site, but FaceBook never gets in trouble for this. The fact that ebid.net is outside of the USA is one of its biggest advantages the way I see it.

Since I don't have a lot of rare items to sell such as stamps that the mainstream outlets can't compete with as much, I knew going in that my sales would probably be somewhat low. So I paid the $49.99 and I expect it will be a while before I make that back in sales. It's unlikely that I would make a profit paying the periodical fee to use eBid. But I'm not losing anything by waiting. edit: I do have some things like Volvo car parts that I can import here. Those might end up selling quite well. A lot of my previous sales for those have been international.
    Last edited by stopusingebay; 19th June 2017 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stopusingebay View Post
    Selling in the United States with international shipping turned off likely will reveal close to the biggest difference in sales between using one of the "mainstream" sites like eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and Craigslist compared to one of the non mainstream competitors. Most other countries are smaller and less commercialized, and buyers aren't programmed to only visit mainstream places as much.

It's not just because of buyers that these mainstream US organizations keep their positions. Backpage.com, a competitor to Craigslist, is being sued for allowing certain content when Craigslist would likely not be in legal trouble for doing the same. Xanga, one of the first social networking sites, was sued successfully after falsely being accused of allowing users who were under 13 to use the site, but FaceBook never gets in trouble for this. The fact that ebid.net is outside of the USA is one of its biggest advantages the way I see it.

Since I don't have a lot of rare items to sell such as stamps that the mainstream outlets can't compete with as much, I knew going in that my sales would probably be somewhat low. So I paid the $49.99 and I expect it will be a while before I make that back in sales. It's unlikely that I would make a profit paying the periodical fee to use eBid. But I'm not losing anything by waiting. edit: I do have some things like Volvo car parts that I can import here. Those might end up selling quite well. A lot of my previous sales for those have been international.

I like your attitude

Thread Information