eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Autism East Midlands update

Default Autism East Midlands update

For the latest update see post #61

Thank you for reading. Mel (booksntings)

Just a quick update on how some of the money we have raised for Autism East Midlands has been used.

A while back I posted pics of the raised beds that the lads had built at the Sherwood centre, well some of the money has been used towards compost and top soil to fill these and also to purchase seeds and plants to put in them. Here is a pic of my son Ben helping to purchase some bedding plants that they are going to use.

Name:  ben bq.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  146.6 KB

So that the lads don't have to carry cash around with them they use gift vouchers for various outlets including garden centres and the bigger DIY stores.
    As soon as I get more pics I will post them.

Thanks again to all who have supported the YDC over the years you are all stars.
    Last edited by booksntings; 28th June 2022 at 11:51 PM.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Autism East Midlands update

Thank you! It is so good to see what the money helps to do.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Yes books, thanks for the pic!
    Echoing Madelaine's comment, it is always a great pleasure to see what the YDC monies donated to the charities we have supported helps to do.
    Ben looks as though he has chosen a lot of lovely flowers for the beds, and we all look forward to seeing them in bloom, later in the year.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thanks for letting us know. It's always lovely to know the outcome and that we have made a difference to people's lives.

Thanks folks, I know they have been busy sowing seeds and planting bulbs, they are in the process of coming up with new ideas all the time. The company I work for gave them hundreds of seeds, veg and flowers after this years stock take, all of which had just gone past the sow by date by only a few weeks, so they will be using them as well. So I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Today I have been to The Sherwood Centre to present the cheque from last months YDC. Whilst there I got a few photos to share.

Name:  DCP_2331.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  47.3 KB

They have recently purchase a new poly tunnel to replace the old one that was damaged by strong winds earlier. This has just arrived and is waiting to be erected.

Name:  DCP_2327.jpg
Size:  32.6 KB

The service users have been busy in the workshops building various items including this amazing set of furniture built out of pallets for DHL as their smoking area at one of their depots.

Name:  img408.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  86.4 KB

And they are also in the process of making some herb planters again out of pallets. They are going to have linings in which to plant the herbs and the black strips are painted with blackboard paint so that the names of the herbs can be written on in chalk .

Name:  DCP_2332.jpg
Size:  35.7 KB

Lots more ideas are being put into practice and all service users are taking part whatever their ability, it is a real team effort. They are going to grass over some areas and were going to purchase seed this afternoon using some of the vouchers from our previous fund raising.

So once again a big, big thank you to everyone who has supported my auctions in raising such a good amount. It is really well appreciated.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love the furniture. It looks so good

Bumping for anyone who missed the update

Latest cheque presented to A.E.M. earlier today. Thanks once again to everyone who took part in last month's YDC.

Name:  AEM081116.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  38.6 KB
    The furniture in the background is ready for up-cycling, another one of the projects that they do.

Thank you so much for posting!! What a wonderful organization - I'm so happy to have helped - even though I caught that "shill bidding" that was going on

Love the re & up cycling going on and I'm sure they will enjoy the flowers as much as they enjoy eating fresh veggies!!

Thanks for bumping the post, I had missed it.

Thread Information