Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: eBid in the USA

Default Re: eBid in the USA

I've tried everything to get feedback. Include notes in packages with thank you, feedback helps shoppers. Doesn't help. Buyers will send an email saying how pleased they were with the item, packaging, timely shipping....I send a feedback request.......NOTHING. These are U.S. buyers who would be familiar with the Bay and feedback process. Can't understand why they would take time to send an email and not take the time to check a feedback box. I gave up trying.

It's often said by people who have been selling here for years that buyers on ebid just don't leave FB. True, there is a slow decline in those leaving FB even on TOS, but I would say that still at least 75% of my buyers there do take the time and trouble. Here it's never been more than half.

Sadly I think it's about commitment. Having good FB shows a good reputation, commitment to the site, its well-being and safety. Would one-off buyers be interested in any of that? Many of my buyers have zero FB having opened their account to buy an item from me. They were probably drawn here by a note in a with a sale elsewhere. If they don't expect to be back what do they care about the seller, the site or its safety for other shoppers?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Newbie
    All-About Jujus5gkids
    View Jujus5gkids's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have mentioned opening an eBid store to several of my customers and they all think it is strictly a "Bidding Site"
    I guess that is because of the name and I will have to admit, I though so too until someone recommended starting a store here.
    Maybe advertising for folks to "Open a store on eBid" someway will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujus5gkids View Post
    I have mentioned opening an eBid store to several of my customers and they all think it is strictly a "Bidding Site"
    I guess that is because of the name and I will have to admit, I though so too until someone recommended starting a store here.
    Maybe advertising for folks to "Open a store on eBid" someway will help.
    Back when this site was started, bidding was the thing. It was novel to bid in an auction on the internet. It was lots of fun, in my opinion.

Now people don’t want bid and wait and times have changed. Many things that affect online sales have changed.

eBid needs lots of good sellers with lots of stock to add to the variety available for purchase. If you have a customer base try to entice them to buy your items from you on eBid instead of elsewhere.

There aren’t a lot of bidding wars here so sellers either start the bidding at the price they hope to get or they set up a buy it now listing. Plus, exposure on google shopping requires that the item have a BIN on it.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post

Sadly I think it's about commitment. Having good FB shows a good reputation, commitment to the site, its well-being and safety. Would one-off buyers be interested in any of that? Many of my buyers have zero FB having opened their account to buy an item from me. They were probably drawn here by a note in a with a sale elsewhere. If they don't expect to be back what do they care about the seller, the site or its safety for other shoppers?
    This is a very good point about feedback.

Forum Newbie
    View mrrosado1234's Feedback (+952)
    All-About mrrosado1234
    View mrrosado1234's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I was not aware that eBid had been down-graded on Google Shoping. If that is the case is it cost effective to rely so much on Google Shopping?

There have been many threads done on alternate low cost or no cost marketing. I have never seen any serious consideration of any of those suggestions.

All I know is that sellers came to eBid to sell. How long can no sales or low sales continue, before trying other methods of promoting sales?
    ebid is like running my own site with the benefit of being part of a marketplace.
    check out my ebid store www.baseballcards.gq

Thread Information