Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: eBid in the USA

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid in the USA

Ye be wasting your breath burgyeb

Those who have seen a small boost in sales, a miniscule number at best, and still nothing to provide eBid with any real revenue, do not understand how their 50p and £1.00 or even £5.00 items are not worth the cost of paid for views via google shopping because they cannot work out that their 50p item sells after say 30 paid for views but will also have free views from other sources like normal google/bing and other search engines, with those google window shopping views costing eBid say 1p per view as an example (so 30p total) for eBid to make 1p in a 2% fvf on that 50p item, or 2p on an item that sells for £1.00 after 20+ paid for views plus whatever free views from other sources.

eBid's 2% (UK) works out at 1p for every 50p so even on a £5.00 item eBid only earns 10p when it sells and that could still be after spending 30p or more in paid for views. There's just no logic for eBid to go to such great expense for miniscule results and revenue.

When you think of all the money eBid has spent on google shopping they could have spent that same money instead with £25.00-£35.00 per day budgets 3 or 4 days per week on Facebook advertising reaching over a billion people for far better results. Google shopping is a waste of time and money and just is not cost effective for eBid and never will be due to the severe lack of a larger volume of sustainable sales across the larger majority of sellers who rarely sell anything here.

I send out a business promo card in every package from the other side and it has delivered me nothing for eBid and I have several repeat buyers on the other side and they receive that business promo card in every package and they still do not come to eBid to buy that same item for a cheaper price.

When shoppers do not see a place like eBid actively advertising then they do not trust it even when they will be dealing with the same seller with the same products at lower prices.

Advertising = building trust with shoppers.

You only have to target the shoppers with the advertising as ultimately the sellers will see the same advertising and the sellers will then take this place more seriously and give it a chance to build up sales.

The businesses regardless of size are not going to flock here with no shoppers here to begin with due to the lack of advertising and you cannot expect sellers on the other side with 100,000+ feedback to email customers to say "hey we're on eBid now too with lower prices than elsewhere" let alone sellers with 10,000+ feedback.

The platform (eBid) is supposed to advertise itself, not isolate itself from the rest of the world harming its own potential and harming the potential of the larger majority of sellers at the same time, while relying solely on something as ineffective and costly as google shopping where someone else like eBay or Amazon will come along and pay google more money to get priority over competitors in where they appear in search results.

eBid really needs to do what most sensible business owners would do, prioritise the native side of their business, do the advertising solely in their native country first to build a strong base to expand out from by increasing revenue on the native side so they can build country by country after that. As eBid will never do this then it will still be stuck in the same stagnant position it is already in ten years from now with everyone having the same conversations over those ten years with nothing ever changing and how many years now have you all been having the same conversation about all this? 4, 5, 6 years? Longer? And still nothing has changed for the larger majority of sellers with their sheer lack of sales no matter what they try to do themselves so they go back to the other side and the big A where they have sustainable sales.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I was not aware that eBid had been down-graded on Google Shoping. If that is the case is it cost effective to rely so much on Google Shopping?

There have been many threads done on alternate low cost or no cost marketing. I have never seen any serious consideration of any of those suggestions.

All I know is that sellers came to eBid to sell. How long can no sales or low sales continue, before trying other methods of promoting sales?
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

i have good results on google shopping. this time round selling is not producing the sales i used to get in 2014.nor the views,

whats changed, certainly not the products, shoppers not looking around different sites,yes

my example [158118398. i did sell one a few weeks ago to a ebay dealer not the people i want to sell too, then they had the cheek to come back and ask the best price on this one, after he sold the one i sold him on ebay for a big profit, another dealer sold one on ebay tonight for some 30 odd notes more than mine. people are not looking around apart from dealers desperate for stock, i dont want to sell to the trade i want to sell to the end user.

rokin toys makes some good points, has GS had its day as far as ebid is concerned ? i have said in the past why dont google advertise there own shopping site?
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have never had much faith in Google Shopping and I don't worry about it either. Regular google search seems much more successful to me.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    Ye be wasting your breath burgyeb

Those who have seen a small boost in sales, a miniscule number at best, and still nothing to provide eBid with any real revenue, do not understand how their 50p and £1.00 or even £5.00 items are not worth the cost of paid for views via google shopping because they cannot work out that their 50p item sells after say 30 paid for views but will also have free views from other sources like normal google/bing and other search engines, with those google window shopping views costing eBid say 1p per view as an example (so 30p total) for eBid to make 1p in a 2% fvf on that 50p item, or 2p on an item that sells for £1.00 after 20+ paid for views plus whatever free views from other sources.

eBid's 2% (UK) works out at 1p for every 50p so even on a £5.00 item eBid only earns 10p when it sells and that could still be after spending 30p or more in paid for views. There's just no logic for eBid to go to such great expense for miniscule results and revenue.

When you think of all the money eBid has spent on google shopping they could have spent that same money instead with £25.00-£35.00 per day budgets 3 or 4 days per week on Facebook advertising reaching over a billion people for far better results. Google shopping is a waste of time and money and just is not cost effective for eBid and never will be due to the severe lack of a larger volume of sustainable sales across the larger majority of sellers who rarely sell anything here.

I send out a business promo card in every package from the other side and it has delivered me nothing for eBid and I have several repeat buyers on the other side and they receive that business promo card in every package and they still do not come to eBid to buy that same item for a cheaper price.

When shoppers do not see a place like eBid actively advertising then they do not trust it even when they will be dealing with the same seller with the same products at lower prices.

Advertising = building trust with shoppers.

You only have to target the shoppers with the advertising as ultimately the sellers will see the same advertising and the sellers will then take this place more seriously and give it a chance to build up sales.

The businesses regardless of size are not going to flock here with no shoppers here to begin with due to the lack of advertising and you cannot expect sellers on the other side with 100,000+ feedback to email customers to say "hey we're on eBid now too with lower prices than elsewhere" let alone sellers with 10,000+ feedback.

The platform (eBid) is supposed to advertise itself, not isolate itself from the rest of the world harming its own potential and harming the potential of the larger majority of sellers at the same time, while relying solely on something as ineffective and costly as google shopping where someone else like eBay or Amazon will come along and pay google more money to get priority over competitors in where they appear in search results.

eBid really needs to do what most sensible business owners would do, prioritise the native side of their business, do the advertising solely in their native country first to build a strong base to expand out from by increasing revenue on the native side so they can build country by country after that. As eBid will never do this then it will still be stuck in the same stagnant position it is already in ten years from now with everyone having the same conversations over those ten years with nothing ever changing and how many years now have you all been having the same conversation about all this? 4, 5, 6 years? Longer? And still nothing has changed for the larger majority of sellers with their sheer lack of sales no matter what they try to do themselves so they go back to the other side and the big A where they have sustainable sales.

Hello Rokins_Toys,

Many good, on target points you have made. I differ in view on eBid exclusively advertising in its native turf only. Although eBid has done very little in the way of advertising, it has managed to enhance visibility of some of its sellers (usually located in their native environment - UK)

If you take the time and examine the threads where sellers report adequate or decent sales levels, these sellers will in most cases be from the UK.

I have seen a few USA sellers with relatively decent sales levels, but they never frequent the forums.

I have also observed certain sellers items receiving high visibility on eBid. Can not really say that it helps their actual sales volumes.

I honestly believe that eBid could launch a modest marketing campaign, in at least 3 of it top performing countries. The campaign could be low cost to almost no cost if structured properly. Many suggestions have been made over the years to accomplish a modest cost campaign. None of these recommendations have been considered by eBid Administration.

You are quite correct; it is a waste of breath to go on and on for years. It would probably be more useful to compile links to all of the prior threads done over the years on the topic of eBid advertising.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

The reason I state that eBid should prioritise advertising in the UK is so it can have a healthy budget to then boost eBid's potential in the UK with better sales growth and better revenue for eBid in the UK, revenue that can then be used for advertising in a country by country strategy as you build things up. Smart way of doing things. Without this, you have no chance of eBid getting anywhere beyond where it already is because eBid's revenue is already limited as it is and then gets wasted.

The only other way to do the global advertising or target the better performing countries for eBid is to bring in an investor who will then no doubt want to see fees in crease a little to recoup their investment which eBid will not go down this route either so there's just no point folk pouring a glass of whine in countless threads on here about a lack of sales here when they know nothing is going to change because no one wants to listen to reason and that tiny number of sellers who do ok are more than happy with their low volume sales and don't care about anyone else's sales or lack of.

Google shopping just does not deliver for the larger majority of sellers and eBid are losing a lot of money on it for the sake of "adequate" sales for a very small number of sellers whose combined revenue keeps eBid in the stagnant position it is already in with no prospects for real growth in sales for the larger majority of sellers who feel ignored with no hope for eBid ever being a viable option for sellers, especially business sellers like myself. Brutal but true.

I have not spent much time on eBid over the last year and a half years simply because things are just not selling here as well as doing ground work on trade deals for the UK for when it leaves the isolation of the loony eu state we're losing our country to. I am selling things on the other side for higher prices than they are listed on eBid. I have to increase prices on the other side to cover fees so I retain 100% of the original profit margins and yet these items sell out on the other side while not selling on eBid and I know why.

My eBid sales 2017: Jan, 10. Feb, 3. March, 1. April, 0. May 2. June, 0. July, 0.

My sales on the other side for these same months will just make folk here jealous and to be brutally honest I'd rather pay 10% fees on sustainable sales than not be selling anything at all on another site. I am a business at the end of the day, I require sustainable sales with prospects for growth and eBid fails to deliver. The big E forces me to raise my prices to retain profit margins after fees and customers still buy the stuff so the fees do not matter to me because they're fully covered in the higher prices.

eBid (and some sellers here) needs to learn that google shopping is equally as unheard of as eBid is and most folk shopping online searching for something head straight to the big E and A sites and do internal searches so they never see eBid listings anyway and these people, in their hundreds of millions, rarely search outside of the big E and A sites because they know they'll always find what they are looking for on those sites so they will never use google, bing or whatever search engine to find something and most of these people do not want to trawl through loads of pages of search results on search engines to find something either because in their little irrelevant worlds they are too busy doing nothing of any relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Hello Rokins_Toys,

Many good, on target points you have made. I differ in view on eBid exclusively advertising in its native turf only. Although eBid has done very little in the way of advertising, it has managed to enhance visibility of some of its sellers (usually located in their native environment - UK)

If you take the time and examine the threads where sellers report adequate or decent sales levels, these sellers will in most cases be from the UK.

I have seen a few USA sellers with relatively decent sales levels, but they never frequent the forums.

I have also observed certain sellers items receiving high visibility on eBid. Can not really say that it helps their actual sales volumes.

I honestly believe that eBid could launch a modest marketing campaign, in at least 3 of it top performing countries. The campaign could be low cost to almost no cost if structured properly. Many suggestions have been made over the years to accomplish a modest cost campaign. None of these recommendations have been considered by eBid Administration.

You are quite correct; it is a waste of breath to go on and on for years. It would probably be more useful to compile links to all of the prior threads done over the years on the topic of eBid advertising.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    ... i did sell one a few weeks ago to a ebay dealer not the people i want to sell too, ...
    Strange. I respect your preferences Sid, but as long as they're humanoid, with disposal cash, I really don't care what they do with my items. If they can resell at a profit then either I wasn't smart when I priced, or they have better access to markets that I don't. Either way, I'm happy to make a sale.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Strange. I respect your preferences Sid, but as long as they're humanoid, with disposal cash, I really don't care what they do with my items. If they can resell at a profit then either I wasn't smart when I priced, or they have better access to markets that I don't. Either way, I'm happy to make a sale.
    you seem rather limited on your understanding of this situation, this is not about me , i could sell it any were for more money, the key to understanding what im saying is ebay dealer, i dont want to sell to a dealer who buys lists it on ebay and heres the clever bit keeps the end user from buying it off me here, no reason to search else were if its on ebay , do you understand now its not about me or profit its about me selling to the end user not dealers, i sell the service parts for this lamp if dealers buy the lamp , end users are not going to come to me for the service parts, this is about attracting end users to ebid not dealers, if your comprehension allowed you to understand my post in context with the thread you might of got it. i price to attract end users hence the contex and relationship with GS.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I agree, I don't care who buys my products, they can do what they want with it, they paid, it's theirs.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    you seem rather limited on your understanding of this situation, this is not about me , i could sell it any were for more money, the key to understanding what im saying is ebay dealer, i dont want to sell to a dealer who buys lists it on ebay and heres the clever bit keeps the end user from buying it off me here, no reason to search else were if its on ebay , do you understand now its not about me or profit its about me selling to the end user not dealers, i sell the service parts for this lamp if dealers buy the lamp , end users are not going to come to me for the service parts, this is about attracting end users to ebid not dealers, if your comprehension allowed you to understand my post in context with the thread you might of got it. i price to attract end users hence the contex and relationship with GS.

I understand where you're coming from but you won't refuse a buyer, any buyer, either, right?

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post

I understand where you're coming from but you won't refuse a buyer, any buyer, either, right?
    there both black balled you do understand right?

Thread Information