eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: eBid in the USA

Forum Newbie
    All-About desertgal
    View desertgal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid in the USA

Since eBid is not as well known here in the US as in Europe, any additional pointers, tips, ideas for getting the word out and getting folks to this site versus, say, eBay, etc.? Thanks much!

Default Re: eBid in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by desertgal View Post
    Since eBid is not as well known here in the US as in Europe, any additional pointers, tips, ideas for getting the word out and getting folks to this site versus, say, eBay, etc.? Thanks much!
    There are three tips I can offer:
    1. Include notes with any items sold on other sites about your eBid listings. (I also offer a discount on their 1st eBid purchase with me.)
    2. List lots and lots and lots using great keywords
    3. Make sure your listings get on Google shopping

Wishing you many sales and much success here.

Forum Newbie
    All-About vinecodesigns
    View vinecodesigns's Listings
    Forum Posts

i am getting tons of views here in the US just not turning into sales here yet i am able to move a lot on other sites.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I consider it a plus to stay diversified in sales venues, particularly if you are able to move your product line. Continue working on building your sales here, as site costs are low.

Sales levels for USA sellers on eBid continue slow. Targeted marketing would probably be helpful but do not expect initiative to come from eBid. This has been a long debated issue, with no foreseeable solution in sight.

Cost is a key consideration for little to no targeted USA marketing being done. There are other key factors that have been long debated. So for now diversification seems a valid option.

Forum Newbie
    View meagher184's Feedback (+95)
    All-About meagher184
    View meagher184's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was thinking of starting a USA thread but I see one does exist although not very popular it seems. So ok USA sellers how and what are you doing to make ebid work for you?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meagher184 View Post
    I was thinking of starting a USA thread but I see one does exist although not very popular it seems. So ok USA sellers how and what are you doing to make ebid work for you?
    Not really sure.

eBid used to work relatively well for me. By this I mean I used to make sales, although slowly. Now, sales are occurring either not at all or barely.

I tend to think it is not exclusively a seller issue. eBid may hold some of the keys to sales via USA sellers.

A search of old prior threads on the issues might add a bit of insight. Can things turn around...can seller sales pick up....? Sure. Will this happen?

Not really sure.

I think this thread might give the impression to some that ebid isn't bothering about the USA, which naturally would cause resentment.

On the contrary, I believe it would be much fairer to say that ebid isn't doing marketing in ANY region! As far as I know they spend their "marketing budget" on paying Google for uploading our qualifying listings to Google Shopping.

But I have no hotline to ebid, so perhaps someone will correct me.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Not really sure.

eBid used to work relatively well for me. By this I mean I used to make sales, although slowly. Now, sales are occurring either not at all or barely.

I tend to think it is not exclusively a seller issue. eBid may hold some of the keys to sales via USA sellers.

A search of old prior threads on the issues might add a bit of insight. Can things turn around...can seller sales pick up....? Sure. Will this happen?

Not really sure.
    I suspect that the change in fortunes came about when eBid was down-graded on google shopping. At one time we got good promotion on there; then Google got greedy and sold out to the highest bidder (no prizes for guessing who that might be). Leaving eBid as a minor partner, to find our listings on there now, unless you have a bespoke on off item you have to burrow deep.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I think this thread might give the impression to some that ebid isn't bothering about the USA, which naturally would cause resentment.

On the contrary, I believe it would be much fairer to say that ebid isn't doing marketing in ANY region! As far as I know they spend their "marketing budget" on paying Google for uploading our qualifying listings to Google Shopping.

But I have no hotline to ebid, so perhaps someone will correct me.
    I have no idea specifically what type of marketing is being done by eBid. My general impression is that very little marketing is going on for any of the service areas.

However, rarely do you hear USA sellers, or those from other member nations indicate that they are making regular sales.

This thread is one among other threads where USA sellers have voiced concern over lack of sales.

If the post to the forums point to sellers reporting success with their sales levels, they will usually be located in the UK. The sales level discrepancy can not be fully explained by length of time in UK, as compared with sellers of other member nations.

Unfortunately, a large number of USA sellers do not voice their concerns, they just pick up and leave. That will not result in a level of growth for eBid, that I hope we all want to see.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I suspect that the change in fortunes came about when eBid was down-graded on google shopping. At one time we got good promotion on there; then Google got greedy and sold out to the highest bidder (no prizes for guessing who that might be). Leaving eBid as a minor partner, to find our listings on there now, unless you have a bespoke on off item you have to burrow deep.
    I was not aware that eBid had been down-graded on Google Shoping. If that is the case is it cost effective to rely so much on Google Shopping?

There have been many threads done on alternate low cost or no cost marketing. I have never seen any serious consideration of any of those suggestions.

All I know is that sellers came to eBid to sell. How long can no sales or low sales continue, before trying other methods of promoting sales?

Thread Information