eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Invoice problem that need fixing

Default Re: Invoice problem that need fixing

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    So.. lots of us have been selling here for years and never knew this ..... obviously we are all soo stupid - gee thanks guys

BUT what Newbies are going to plough through pages and pages on hints on how to sell here?

... they are mostly used to selling on the River and the Bay and all the many other platforms

so why waste their time for very little return
    I didn't think I needed to read them either after selling on here for 12 years

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

...so why waste their time for very little return
    I don't know. As you seem to think it is a waste of time selling on here yet continue to do so... why don't you tell us why you do it? You may answer your own question in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I don't know. As you seem to think it is a waste of time selling on here yet continue to do so... why don't you tell us why you do it? You may answer your own question in the process.
    Once again you are deliberately twisting what I wrote. I am selling odds and ends here quite happily.
    eBid is a business. Newbies and big sellers are not coming here or if they do they do not stay.

You are such you a sarcastic negative person.You have been ever since I joined. No change there then ...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are such you a sarcastic negative person.You have been ever since I joined.
    So I wasn't before you joined? Some connection between the two?

Forum Newbie
    View caloum's Feedback (+158)
    All-About caloum
    View caloum's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been registered here for several years but this week decided to buy for the first time. However, a/I personally think the layout needs a makeover; b/I don't find procedures generally straightforward; c/ The invoicing is ridiculous. Have just bought nine items and seller states to await invoice to combine shipping. I have payment requests but it seems I'm expected to pay for shipping nine times! I'm wondering whether to bother. After all, if it clearly states 'combined postage' then in my view I've a right to decline the purchases altogether if this isn't so.

Have you requested a combined invoice from seller yet as they may think you want to bid / buy on more items, if you have then don't pay until they send one and if they don't then the only option is to neg them with a comment you will change the feedback when they send you a combined invoice, if they neg you back i am sure ebid will remove it for you as it's them that's at fault and not you. The other option is to contact ebid and ask them to cancel your bids as no response from seller.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

24) How can I add a discount/premium to shipping costs?

SELLER+ customers or SELLER using the "Platinum" feature can add a discount to the shipping cost via the invoice option from the dropdown menu in the After Sale Log (ASL).

Go to "My eBid > My eBid Dashboard > Sold". From the dropdown menu of the item select "Send invoice to buyer". Next to the "Shipping Total" click the "add discount" link. From the resulting options you can select a discount using a percentage or currency basis.

If you wish to add a premium to the invoice and have a valid reason for doing so, you can add a negative shipping or auction discount to increase the associated value.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Will you please give us the ability to change the shipping cost on the invoices, we don't always want to ADD discounts we also want to be able to change the postage if our buyers request special delivery or signed for after they have pressed the BIN button, I spent ages last night trying to figure it out and it's not possible thus meaning our buyers have to send an extra payment through paypal and that costs us again.
    Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Yes it is I just did a test.

All you have to do is enter a negative discount value to increase the shipping cost.

For example if the original postage is shown as £0.75

Set the discount to the £ option then enter -2.05 and the total postage charge will then be £2.80.

Quite logical really.
    Just made use of this for a Special Delivery - very useful bit of information.

Sorry to resurrent this old thread but the problem with the invoice does need sorting, all that is needed is to be able to change the postage value, not increase or decrease it by a value or percentage, just simply change it to the value that you want.
    A proper basket like most other sites would be nice as well and easier for the customer to understand as long as it had a prominent message about not paying before receiving a revised invoice for multiple purchases
    Last edited by allsortsofephemera; 11th July 2022 at 03:35 PM.

Some of these old threads are well worth resurecting periodically IMO.

I don't have to combine postage very often but must admit that I usually have to fumble around a bit to get the price I want on the invoice. I thought it was just me and lack of practice -- apparently not as others don't find doing it straight-forward either.

Reversing the "+" and "-" might be good accountancy practice, but it's counter-intuitive, confusing for many and could be improved very easily?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information