My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Need Advice

Default Need Advice

I am newer to eBid and love their site. I love the ease of listing items, uploading photos, and that it is such a large site. However, I have done searches and my items do not show up on any "price searches, items searches, etc." I do have my store online and all that so I'm wondering what I am doing wrong. I am also advertising on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. My prices are super low so I can't go any lower than what I already have.
    Any comments, or help would be super appreciated!
    Thank You!
    Heather
    http://hughesvintages.ebid.net/

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Need Advice

Could you clarify where you are searching that you are failing to find your items? Are you talking about searches on eBid or elsewhere?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HughesVintages View Post
    I am newer to eBid and love their site. I love the ease of listing items, uploading photos, and that it is such a large site. However, I have done searches and my items do not show up on any "price searches, items searches, etc." I do have my store online and all that so I'm wondering what I am doing wrong. I am also advertising on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest. My prices are super low so I can't go any lower than what I already have.
    Any comments, or help would be super appreciated!
    Thank You!
    Heather
    http://hughesvintages.ebid.net/
    Lovely items! Low, low prices ~ ? too low? I just checked the criteria for eBid to upload to Google Shopping and I don't think your listings currently qualify?
    see link from the Help section (Starting/Selling on eBid, number 48):

http://uk.ebid.net/help/selling-on-ebid/

There are not many bidding wars here on eBid so perhaps review your prices & include a BIN price. Make sure you are happy with the price you will get for your items should they sell.

edit: extract from Google Shopping requirements:

Auction with at least 3 days remaining & BuyNow available
    OR
    Auction with On First Bid & BuyNow available
    OR
    Fixed Price with at least 3 days remaining
    OR
    Fixed Price with Run Until Sold

All listings will require at least one photo image and have BuyNow Price above or equal to £1.00.
    Last edited by cheaver; 17th October 2015 at 11:47 AM.

I was searching within eBid for my items and they didn't show up. I'm wondering if it's because they are in a store? and not on a regular auction?
    I have been wondering about my prices if the fact that they are too low is scaring people off. They're legit items but I am used to my old site where there would be bidding wars and it would bid up so that's why I put the price so low. I will start to raise the price slowly since I know that now. I still prefer to be the middle man or woman and expect that people will or can re-sell my items.

Thank you so much for your advice Astral276 & Cheaver...it is very much appreciated! Now I can get some on google shopping as well.

Oh I forgot to mention Cheaver that first I love your store and second do you have most of your listings on the BIN option?

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh I forgot to mention Cheaver that first I love your store and second do you have most of your listings on the BIN option?

Thank you. Yes, most of mine are BIN. I have very few auction listings.

BTW - re your Store background ~ it measures 1300 x 750 and your Store title is slightly cropped.
    If you resize to recommended - ie 1920 x 550 - you should have a full title.

Name:  hv chopped.png
Views: 92
Size:  58.6 KB

edit: I started getting sales when I created my Store - did nothing practically without a Store.
    I appreciate your comment re others selling on items once purchased from you - but some items are extremely low & you won't get them up to google shopping as they are. Most of my Buyers come from Google Shopping.
    Last edited by cheaver; 18th October 2015 at 01:08 PM.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was searching within eBid for my items and they didn't show up.
    Can you give an auction ID for an item which doesn't show up within eBid 'cos I'm finding your things ok I think. (certainly the few I "searched" for.)

BTW - are you putting Exempt in the Bar Code section of the Listing Form? (Item Specifics section) - this is necessary for Vintage items without bar codes to be uploaded to google shopping also along with the other criteria.

OH my goodness no I haven't put the exempt in the barcode area. Thank you!
    Glad to hear that my items are showing up. I wonder if I am checking in the wrong search area because it was all my items that weren't showing up. This is a much more advanced site to use than the one I was on. I watched a ton of the videos and read everything on here that is suggested but there is a lot to this site. I really love it here.

Oh I also raised my prices a bit so hopefully that helps. I know one of you guys mentioned that my prices were possibly too low and after talking to a few friends and family they agreed.

Thank you very much for your help Cheaver!!

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

OH my goodness no I haven't put the exempt in the barcode area. Thank you!
    Glad to hear that my items are showing up. I wonder if I am checking in the wrong search area because it was all my items that weren't showing up. This is a much more advanced site to use than the one I was on. I watched a ton of the videos and read everything on here that is suggested but there is a lot to this site. I really love it here.

Oh I also raised my prices a bit so hopefully that helps. I know one of you guys mentioned that my prices were possibly too low and after talking to a few friends and family they agreed.

Thank you very much for your help Cheaver!!
    You are more than welcome.
    Tip: go back to the info about requirements for uploading to Google Shopping - make sure you understand about adding the BIN prices also.....
    and check your Q&A tab (in My eBid) also! lol! I'm waiting for an answer! ROFL!

Thread Information