I was on the other site until 2012. In the good old days before PayPal was required, buyers used to pay me with banknotes sent inside a regular envelope.

It's funny how nobody now will send banknotes as payment, yet the banknote sellers seem to be able to ship banknotes to buyers!!!

The only competitor to me on this site died a few months ago - that was the rumor anyway - and I haven't had any coin sales since.

This site doesn't promote coin sales at all. I have inventory that would sell over there... but I'm over here and soon there won't be any coin sellers over here because there aren't any coin buyers over here.

Getting back... PayPal promoted fraud by buyers and as a result most of the buyers I've had on this site didn't pay me because I don't take PayPal and they were trying to scam me.

My favorite repeat story goes like this:

buyer:

I can't send you banknotes because sending money through the mail isn't safe and you could rip me off and steal my money and then negative rep me.

my return emai:

You are buying money and asking me to send it through the mail. What is the difference? Also, if I took PayPal and you are outside the USA (I'm inside the USA) and I send you the money (coin) by regular air mail for $2.00 postage cost, this doesn't have any proof of delivery to you and PayPal will refund you AUTOMATICALLY if you file a claim and either don't wait for the delivery or commit fraud and lie to PayPal.

Prior to 2010, buyers outside the USA were willing to send banknotes and trust the seller and eat the 10% or more of payments that got lost or stolen by the various Postal Authorities. Not anymore.

eBid is crickets in the coin department. Too bad because my coins would sell.