eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want New zealand connection?

Forum Newbie
    All-About paulhelen
    View paulhelen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Do you want New zealand connection?

My wife and I are looking for goods that we can purchase and sell here in NZ. We work from home so not large items. Any ideas welcome.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Do you want New zealand connection?

This is the entire list of NZ stores on ebid so far:
    http://nz.ebid.net/store-directory/

not much at all right now.

If its lawful, Plant SEEDS low mailing costs I love to buy & trade seeds
    PB Apple Springs Farm in East Texas,USA

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

the great and holy united states of europe [thats the EU ] have declared that foreign non native species of plants are to be made illegal, to what end why they are doing this i cant say one can only assume they want us to appear a virgin country just like after the ice age finished , a reverted living museum , a tad late for that i think,

heres the root and branch of it, https://www.rt.com/uk/323119-europea...plant-species/
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10027)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    the great and holy united states of europe [thats the EU ] have declared that foreign non native species of plants are to be made illegal, to what end why they are doing this i cant say one can only assume they want us to appear a virgin country just like after the ice age finished , a reverted living museum , a tad late for that i think,

heres the root and branch of it, https://www.rt.com/uk/323119-europea...plant-species/
    There is a very good reason why the particular aquatic species should be banned. They clog up waterways because there are no biological restraints to their proliferation and therefore prevent native plants from growing where they should. The native plants which they replace are part of the food chain. The invasive non-native plants are of little or no value to other wildlife.
    Incidentally, do you not think that this thread is an inappropriate place for this post.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    There is a very good reason why the particular aquatic species should be banned. They clog up waterways because there are no biological restraints to their proliferation and therefore prevent native plants from growing where they should. The native plants which they replace are part of the food chain. The invasive non-native plants are of little or no value to other wildlife.
    Incidentally, do you not think that this thread is an inappropriate place for this post.
    i do think its in the right place it was a heads up to the last post

you really need to stop believing what all these goverment scientists tell you , non native trees for instance , lets take what 99% of goverment forests are, commercial tree farming , the environmentalists would have you believe nothing else lives in these forests, i would disagree and can prove it, as i owm a similar plantation, i can see the wild life that thrives there,

evasive non native trees , sycamore , european oak, 99.9% of all pines in the uk, only scots pine is native to the uk, do you think these evading trees dont support wild life , the native wild life has adapted to them since they were first introduced ,

i find it very patronizing that these government scientists tell people whats right and wrong for the enviroment , they really dont seem to understand that any plant ,tree thats introduced will host the local species, animals and plant life adapt and very quickly adapt thats there very nature, from viruses to plants its in there very nature to adapt, plants that are invasive by a natural passage are working within nature , purposeful intervention, is premeditated and not natural.

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i do think its in the right place it was a heads up to the last post

you really need to stop believing what all these goverment scientists tell you , non native trees for instance , lets take what 99% of goverment forests are, commercial tree farming , the environmentalists would have you believe nothing else lives in these forests, i would disagree and can prove it, as i owm a similar plantation, i can see the wild life that thrives there,

evasive non native trees , sycamore , european oak, 99.9% of all pines in the uk, only scots pine is native to the uk, do you think these evading trees dont support wild life , the native wild life has adapted to them since they were first introduced ,

i find it very patronizing that these government scientists tell people whats right and wrong for the enviroment , they really dont seem to understand that any plant ,tree thats introduced will host the local species, animals and plant life adapt and very quickly adapt thats there very nature, from viruses to plants its in there very nature to adapt, plants that are invasive by a natural passage are working within nature , purposeful intervention, is premeditated and not natural.

I can assure you that I do not simply believe what you call "government scientists" tell me. To take your point about wildlife in coniferous forests. I am well aware that wildlife flourishes in Forestry Commission forests. I have organised a survey of birdlife in our local forests since 1997. This survey has been organised on statistically sound principles using randomly generated OS 1km squares. We have what is almost certainly the most northerly breeding population of Turtle Dove in Britain. Although low in number, the population is basically stable unlike most of England where the population has fallen by approx 85% in this period. We also have bird species which breed more successfully in the Forestry Commission than in the surrounding countryside. I have also contributed to the Breeding Bird Survey organised by the British Trust for Ornithology (a non governmental scientific organisation) since 1992.

The example of the aquatic plants referred to in your link. These are invasive species (not evasive as you call them) which are detrimental to native plant and animal life. The article seems to be a complaint by commercial aquatic garden centres which will not be allowed to sell them.

You accuse me of blindly swallowing the line of "government scientists". I get my information from peer-reviewed scientific publications. I think these sources are more reliable than Russia Today!!

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

You accuse me of blindly swallowing the line of "government scientists". I get my information from peer-reviewed scientific publications. I think these sources are more reliable than Russia Today!!

russia today tells me you us anyone the news, often the news that does not make the news in the uk, to be informed you need to take as many views as possible do you not,

peer reviewed scientific publications you say reliable ha thats a joke right any thing thats controversial does not tow the line has little if any chance of getting published,

my partner is a phd working for a uni in the south , i can tell you now at least 70% of her time is spent aplying for grants for projects the eu want researched the parameters are already set if you disagree and point out why, theres no funding they just move on to some one else who tows the line, essentially the eu are answerable to the lobbyist with the biggest voice policy is driven by unelected hidden lobbyists , which brings me full circle to this particular subject of banning certain flowers be they water living or not,

i dont say government scientists lightly there uni funding and there pay packet, rely on towing the line and increasingly the private sector nearly every aspect of funding and research is driven by eu funding.

invasive yes i humbly apologise that is what i should of said

i see you did not care to comment on the natural migration of these so called invasive plants .

theres a saying we have round here, what has grown and flourished for centuries, when discovered by scientists who put there fences around it, its odd that it should wither and die .

i refer you back to what i said earlier.
    purposeful intervention, is premeditated and not natural.
    Last edited by sidthelamp; 26th November 2015 at 01:57 AM.

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

You say I did not "comment on the natural migration of these so-called invasive plants".

The plants concerned do not migrate naturally. They are imported by the garden trade and released, intentionally or otherwise, into the environment. So natural migration has not occurred. This is why I did not comment on it.

To take more examples of the unfortunate results of the introduction of a non-native organism. Grey squirrels were introduced into the British countryside with the result that our native Red squirrels are driven back to isolated outposts. White-clawed crayfish were imported by the food trade. They escaped into the our waterways and have driven out our native crayfish as they carry a disease to which our native crayfish do not have immunity. They are also larger and more aggressive. In neither of these cases did natural migration occur.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    You say I did not "comment on the natural migration of these so-called invasive plants".

The plants concerned do not migrate naturally. They are imported by the garden trade and released, intentionally or otherwise, into the environment. So natural migration has not occurred. This is why I did not comment on it.

To take more examples of the unfortunate results of the introduction of a non-native organism. Grey squirrels were introduced into the British countryside with the result that our native Red squirrels are driven back to isolated outposts. White-clawed crayfish were imported by the food trade. They escaped into the our waterways and have driven out our native crayfish as they carry a disease to which our native crayfish do not have immunity. They are also larger and more aggressive. In neither of these cases did natural migration occur.
    JUST had a read about the white clawed cray fish, they are the native species , you must of ad a brain storm there, anyways it seems that the virus is carried by there american cousins, but they are not the source,, the latest information i have read is are native cray fish are presumed to be under attack in a river were no invasive cray fish are to be found, of course the government scientist are blaming every one else except themselves for infecting this area , with out mentioning they are the common link between native and non native, what was it i said about scientists putting up fences and the locals dieing

red squirrels how much hysteria have we had to go through listening to the threatened mass extinction of these little fellows , the greys are taking over, ect ect the grey pox is gonna get them, well it does seem now that the reds have adapted to the pox through time and natural selection, this is not due to the do gooders making safe areas , there being found in areas were no predetermined influence has taken place, good news for natural selection , we must also remember the red came here after the ice age , along with certain trees which we class as non native yet we class the red as native, hypocritical ? red kites followed a similar path so we introduced european ones to up the population , but there genetic make up is different to the native species , but thats ok because of the hysteria generated !, thats also true for the reds, they introduced european cousins from different families which there are many , so its unlikely now theres much of the so called native population left,

Thread Information