Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How does ebid know what time zone a seller is in?

Forum Newbie
    View omegafly's Feedback (+404)
    All-About omegafly
    View omegafly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How does ebid know what time zone a seller is in?

How does eBid know what time zone a seller is in? When I schedule auctions for a future time, how can I make sure that I account for all the time zones in the U.S.?
    See my store1 for new, artisan men's jewelry for the American Patriot made from 1/8" chocolate leather suede or 2.4 mm ball chain in stainless steel, brass plated steel or powder black epoxy-coated chain. Ideal for the hunter sportsmen, our military, police and those who defend the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How does ebid know what time zone a seller is in?

Quote Originally Posted by omegafly View Post
    How does eBid know what time zone a seller is in? When I schedule auctions for a future time, how can I make sure that I account for all the time zones in the U.S.?
    If I go on to your All About Me page in US I can see you joined in your location US time: EDT

Name:  edt.png
Views: 79
Size:  4.1 KB

If I go on to your All About Me page in UK I can see you joined in BST:

Name:  bst.png
Views: 79
Size:  4.5 KB

All your listings will be in EDT as viewed from your location - in BST if viewable from the UK site (but not all of them are as you don't ship quite a few of your items to UK so they are not seen here.)

As far as my understanding goes you can't account for any time zones anywhere - only eBid can do that.

edit:

if we look at a listing of yours - 138474377 - from your location it runs:
    Name:  edt 2.png
Views: 76
Size:  5.0 KB

From my location it runs:
    Name:  BST 2.png
Size:  5.1 KB

And in Australia the same item runs:
    Name:  est AU.png
Size:  4.9 KB

All times, in all places, eBid calculates.

Last edited by cheaver; 25th April 2015 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omegafly View Post

Do you use "Skype"? If you do next time you chat check the time of your respondent, either in any zone in the US or anywhere in the world You will see local time. All PC's, set up normally, will detect the most local Atomic clock and link to it. It will go wrong if your on board rechargeable battery dies...then you can tell your friend what is happening!

I speak regularly with a priest in the Gambia and was able to tell him quite recently that he had a problem. So he called out one of his parishioners to change the battery. (Some are not rechargeable).

When my YDC auctions ended an hour earlier than I had set them for, I went searching my personal info for a place to make sure I was set on Central Time Zone and didn't find anything. I searched the forums and found this thread and from what I've read, it seems eBid only acknowledges Eastern time zone even though there are 4 different time zones in the US. Is that correct???

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    When my YDC auctions ended an hour earlier than I had set them for, I went searching my personal info for a place to make sure I was set on Central Time Zone and didn't find anything. I searched the forums and found this thread and from what I've read, it seems eBid only acknowledges Eastern time zone even though there are 4 different time zones in the US. Is that correct???
    That is correct. All my listings show as start and end times in EDT even though I am in the north west PST - that is a 3 hour difference for me.

Thanks, Jewel!!

Thread Information