eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Postcard Prices

Forum Lurker
    View cockneyone's Feedback (+330)
    All-About cockneyone
    View cockneyone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Postcard Prices

I know that it's up to you sellers what you seem appropriate for selling your items... but I thought that listing here on eBid at a cheaper cost allows you the opportunity to pass that on... it just doesn't seem so and the same old dross at inflated prices appear over and over again - not a good prospect for this site in my opinion.

Perhaps it's an act of vanity that there are many, many, many, many everyday postcards - and in poor condition too - that have over-inflated prices in my opinion.

Well, best Luck!

Forum Newbie
    Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View ashtree's Feedback (+4)
    All-About ashtree
    View ashtree's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: Postcard Prices

Quote Originally Posted by cockneyone View Post
    I know that it's up to you sellers what you seem appropriate for selling your items... but I thought that listing here on eBid at a cheaper cost allows you the opportunity to pass that on... it just doesn't seem so and the same old dross at inflated prices appear over and over again - not a good prospect for this site in my opinion.

Perhaps it's an act of vanity that there are many, many, many, many everyday postcards - and in poor condition too - that have over-inflated prices in my opinion.

Well, best Luck!
    I have been on Ebid about 2 weeks and sold nothing. Perhaps you could give a bit of advice on what to charge, maybe this could help.
    Ashtree

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Postcard Prices

Quote Originally Posted by ashtree View Post
    I have been on Ebid about 2 weeks and sold nothing. Perhaps you could give a bit of advice on what to charge, maybe this could help.
    Ashtree
    Hi Ashtree, welcome to the Forum. I just had a look at some of your listings ~ RUS (Run Until Sold) stay at bottom of viewings lists so poor (if any) exposure. Try 7 or 10 day auctions/BIN's with up to 10 reposts. This way your items will always be rising to the top of the viewings lists.
    Also, some postcards don't have postcard in the title.... keywords are essential for exposure - more keywords for the search engine = more potential customers. Some titles are very sparse on keywords altogether.
    Have you put Exempt in the Items Specific Section (where the barcode would be) - necessary for uploading to google shopping.

Just some ideas hoping to help.

Forum Newbie
    All-About ashtree
    View ashtree's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many Thanks for the advice.
    Regards
    Ashtree

Forum Newbie
    All-About ashtree
    View ashtree's Listings
    Forum Posts

MMMM doesn't seem to have made any difference.............................

Some postcard sellers do well on eBid.

I had quite a few listed at one time and can't say that I sold many of them. But, in all fairness, most of the cards that I had listed were quite common, I think. I don't fault eBid for my inability to sell them.

It's very important to use good keywords in the titles. Sometimes I'm surprised at how little a seller will include. Country, region, (county, province, state, etc.), type of card, ... is it a church, a town view, a train, what? What is the surname and location of the addressee?

I do a lot of searching for cards that tie into my genealogy research and would love to find some that were actually sent to my kinfolk.

Without keywords the chance of a sale goes down a lot.

In my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ashtree View Post
    MMMM doesn't seem to have made any difference.............................
    It has now

View madelaine's Feedback (+5856)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some of your non-postcard titles could use a bit of work - "Boer War magazines" Are they contemporary with the war or modern?

However, in the end, the answer to getting sales here is list tons! I started to get regular sales when I started to set myself listing targets. You have more to list? List it! I do 5 fresh listings each day - at least 5. Now I get sales most days.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Some of your non-postcard titles could use a bit of work - "Boer War magazines" Are they contemporary with the war or modern?

However, in the end, the answer to getting sales here is list tons! I started to get regular sales when I started to set myself listing targets. You have more to list? List it! I do 5 fresh listings each day - at least 5. Now I get sales most days.
    Excellent advice. For many of my sales the initial landing page is not what is eventually bought. If you have lots of good items listed people will find one and if they like what they see are likely to browse your other listings, and maybe something they see will be a 'must have'.

Thread Information